NFC playoffs are going to be Wild

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Never thought the e 49ers would beat the Patriots last night, after last week.
2. Seattle is killing people right now
3. Atlanta routed the Giants.
4. Redskins are a complete team.
5. Cowboys are playing well.

It is gonna be a wild ride in the NFC. I hope Jordy Nelson is back and James Jones keeps playing. last time Jordy came back JJ was not used much.

MM has to find a way to play them both.

Lionheart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wild indeed, but I wouldn't read to much into the Giants humiliation in Atlanta. They are an irregular team in the regular season that prioritizes the playoffs. If they get to the postseason, they'll be hot. Besides, it's very likely they'll play in Atlanta so this rout may be a decoy to fool the Falcons come playoff time. No way the Giants would lose like that in the postseason.

As for the others, the Packers' position in the Conference is pretty much in line with what they've playing all season - third best (but I don't buy into the Falcons). That is, unless we prove otherwise in the postseason, the 49ers and the Giants may very well beat us again. If we don't overcome our limitations in protecting Aaron Rodgers and have a balanced offense to control the ball and wear out the opponents' defenses, like they did to us, we're done. One thing that looks to be improving a lot for the Pack is the deffense. Impressive stands with their backs to the wall against the Bears, after Ryan Grant lost the football and that special team's play that went wrong. We need them to rise up to the occasion in the postseason because we're going to face high scoring offenses for sure.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Redskins are actually the team that worries me most. We already have no pass rush without Matthews but playing a team like Washington with RG3 could spell trouble because you cannot blitz a guy like him because of his legs. Their defense is suspect but their offense is legit.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides, it's very likely they'll play in Atlanta so this rout may be a decoy to fool the Falcons come playoff time.
A good post Lionheart. I agree with everything except this one statement. In no manner can I see a Tom Coughlin intentionally playing less than 100%. Maybe they didn't pull all of the plays out of the playbook, but most teams hold back to some degree in case there is a rematch down the road.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Redskins are actually the team that worries me most. We already have no pass rush without Matthews but playing a team like Washington with RG3 could spell trouble because you cannot blitz a guy like him because of his legs. Their defense is suspect but their offense is legit.
In which case you lay off the blitz. Capers did a fantastic job using Matthews against Vick in the 2010 playoffs. That's in no way a guarantee of success, but I think that Vick was a better runner in his prime while RG3 is a much better passer

Lionheart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe they didn't pull all of the plays out of the playbook, but most teams hold back to some degree in case there is a rematch down the road.

Oh they held back, for sure. The Cardinals did the same to the Packers three years ago, remeber? Totally different attitude in the playoffs as opposed to the last game of the regular season.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Redskins are not a complete team. Their defense is close to last in the league against the pass. Their secondary is a joke.

Members online

Latest posts