NFC North Preview

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reminded me of Alex Smith and ARod...

Right.
Only the Packers did not take Rodgers with the first over all pick.
Getting him where they did has worked out really well for them so far.

I hate the Packers but that was a good move for them and they timed it just right.
I have to laugh every time I see Packer fans ripping him because that situation could have been the other way around and you would be searching for a QB for the next ten years.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right.
Only the Packers did not take Rodgers with the first over all pick.
Getting him where they did has worked out really well for them so far.

I hate the Packers but that was a good move for them and they timed it just right.
I have to laugh every time I see Packer fans ripping him because that situation could have been the other way around and you would be searching for a QB for the next ten years.
Yeah, I know. But I think both Sanchez and Stafford can be great QBs, but they're not ready to take a snap in the NFL. Neither was Rodgers nor Smith. Rodgers was given the time to mature, while Smith was burned...

favrefan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers will be one of the best to play. You have to remember this past season was his first season to be the starter. He play all 16 games, and 12 of them he had a hurt shoulder. Never give up on the pack

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. But I think both Sanchez and Stafford can be great QBs, but they're not ready to take a snap in the NFL. Neither was Rodgers nor Smith. Rodgers was given the time to mature, while Smith was burned...

That might have been the difference right there.
I think that is what happened to David Carr too. They threw him into the fire when he was not ready and he took a physical beating every single week.
He never recovered from that.

Some guys can jump in right away (Marino, Ryan, Flacco) while others need that learning period.
It was a good situation for Rodgers even if he had to follow a fan favorite.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That might have been the difference right there.
I think that is what happened to David Carr too. They threw him into the fire when he was not ready and he took a physical beating every single week.
He never recovered from that.

Some guys can jump in right away (Marino, Ryan, Flacco) while others need that learning period.
It was a good situation for Rodgers even if he had to follow a fan favorite.
And Rodgers, Matthews, Sanchez and Smith all were Juniors comming out of college. Just one thing though, Smith played in a spread offense in college, and don't have the arm strength. I think he could still be a very good QB in the league, but he would never, even with the same oportunities ARod had, be as good as Rodgers...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Rodgers, Matthews, Sanchez and Smith all were Juniors comming out of college. Just one thing though, Smith played in a spread offense in college, and don't have the arm strength. I think he could still be a very good QB in the league, but he would never, even with the same oportunities ARod had, be as good as Rodgers...

Yep.
I think Sanchez will do well.
Pete carroll runs a pro style offense at USC and that is why his QBs can make that transition like Carson Palmer has done.
Matt Leinhardt has the talent but he is lazy and does not want to work at it. He is pissing away his career in the NFL and he seems to be ok with that.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep.
I think Sanchez will do well.
Pete carroll runs a pro style offense at USC and that is why his QBs can make that transition like Carson Palmer has done.
Matt Leinhardt has the talent but he is lazy and does not want to work at it. He is pissing away his career in the NFL and he seems to be ok with that.
I have no clue about Leinart... He seemed a promising QB that season when they went against you, in 2006... Lazy you say? Hmn...

Members online

Latest posts