NFC NORTH PREDICTIONS

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very nice Cory. It seems that there are two camps when it comes to fans. I Predict if MM takes the Pack to the Playoffs or close to it you will hear the pleasurable silence of people eating crow. But if they falter you will hear the hum of I told you so's Like I said two ways from sunday.

Oh Yeah Pyle check the definition of fan. Derived from fanatic. Being optimistic is what it means to be a fan of a team. You seem to be more a fan of the sport itself which is cool

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
pyledriver80 said:
NDPackerFan said:
Let it go dhpackr, remember who you are replying to. Pyle falls into the category of the Steel Wheels/Chase/P@ck66 mold.

Pyle, this isn't a total slam towards you...it's just the way you see things. Your glass is always half empty in regards to the Packers where others tend to look at the positives - and there are some of both (positives and negatives). Anyway, let's all hope that Pyle is wrong that the Packers are basically terrible and would be lucky to win 6 games this season!

Lol, get real ND, I see things how they are. I don't come on here to dis the Packers. Putting me in a mold with some of those guys is silly. Pack66 was not liked because he stated facts. I had no problem with him.

I.

Pyle there is nothing wrong with being positive about a team you love. Just as there is nothing wrong with pointing out defiencies. I for one think you need to be balanced on the approach.

See, this is where you are wrong. If you go by what TT HAS DONE and quit making excuses for every mistake he makes, then and only then will you be pointing to the facts.

The FACT is this team was 4-12 last year.

The FACT is TT traded Walker and got us a backup tackle.

The FACT is we are starting 2 rookies on the O-Line.

The FACT is TT has brought in O'Dwyer,Little,Freeman, Thompson, Boerigter, etc and they HAVE NOT contributed anything.

I will be glad to give TT credit for the one thing he did right. Nick Collins.

If you want to debate Facts go ahead and give me a few and we can.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See, this is where you are wrong. If you go by what TT HAS DONE and quit making excuses for every mistake he makes, then and only then will you be pointing to the facts.
What excuses did he make? He openly admitted there are still problems on the team.

The FACT is this team was 4-12 last year.
Yeah, last year was brutal. Other than AJ Hawk what does that have to do with this year?

The FACT is TT traded Walker and got us a backup tackle.
Depth on the Oline that you are complaining about? Now your complaining that we have depth? Another Fact is that Walker didn't want to play here anymore. What would YOU have done? Where you in the room with Ted discussing trade ideas? So Ted is wrong to rely on Green because he is coming back from a bad knee, but he is also wrong to trade away a player coming off a bad knee and wanted out of GB? He ended up with a second round draft pick for him. Good value considering the situation.

The FACT is we are starting 2 rookies on the O-Line.
Since we are talking about years past I remember a year we started two rookie tackles and did fine. It's not easy starting two rookies, no question about it. The great thing about two rookie guards is that they played relatively well against the falcons and look to get better.

The FACT is TT has brought in O'Dwyer,Little,Freeman, Thompson, Boerigter, etc and they HAVE NOT contributed anything.
Hmmm a GM missing on a couple players. That NEVER happens on any other team.

I will be glad to give TT credit for the one thing he did right. Nick Collins.

If you want to debate Facts go ahead and give me a few and we can.

Well it's kind of hard to debate the fact we were 4-12 last season. Other then that what would you like to discuss first? Topic by topic....

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, last year was brutal. Other than AJ Hawk what does that have to do with this year?

Probably because TT failed to resign Wahle or have any plan to replace him, similar to this year

Depth on the Oline that you are complaining about? Now your complaining that we have depth? Another Fact is that Walker didn't want to play here anymore. What would YOU have done? Where you in the room with Ted discussing trade ideas?

Where did I talk about Depth? It was TT's plan to fix the problem he created last year.Colledge has been a disaster so far. We traded possibly our best reciever for a backup? It shows TT's talent evaluating is pretty poor. Walker wanted out, similar to what Mike Wahle said. He didn't like the direction this team was going under TT. Instead of letting him sit and cry, he caved, opening the doo for others to do in the future.

Since we are talking about years past I remember a year we started two rookie tackles and did fine. It's not easy starting two rookies, no question about it. The great thing about two rookie guards is that they played relatively well against the falcons and look to get better.

What year did we go into the season with 2 rookie Tackles? I don't seem to remember it. If you think that the O-line looked better you may want to watch how quick Brett threw the ball. He had pressure on him. It was improved but not anywhere near good. Atl. could have jammed the WR and took alot of that away.

Hmmm a GM missing on a couple players. That NEVER happens on any other team.

Which one has he hit on?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2000, Clifton and Tauscher both started together as rookie tackles.

I wouldn't exactly call Colledge a "disaster" quite yet either. Did he come in and take the NFL by storm? No, obviously. But a disaster? Give me a break.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably because TT failed to resign Wahle or have any plan to replace him, similar to this year
So are you saying not resigning wahle is the reason we went 4-12? Because I would disagree with you there.

Where did I talk about Depth? It was TT's plan to fix the problem he created last year.Colledge has been a disaster so far. We traded possibly our best reciever for a backup? It shows TT's talent evaluating is pretty poor. Walker wanted out, similar to what Mike Wahle said. He didn't like the direction this team was going under TT. Instead of letting him sit and cry, he caved, opening the doo for others to do in the future.

Colledge a disaster? That's overstating it JUST A TAD I think. He provides depth at LT which we SERIOUSLY have needed for a very long time and that's at the very least. That shows TT's talent evaluating is pretty poor? He's had one draft where what? 4 players got seriously injured and one of his first round draft picks whom is looking very good is the FUTURE QB? Can you find me a quote from Mike Wahle? If that's how he feels then I guess I was right in the fact that we couldn't retain Wahle or Walker for that matter. Caved? I don't see that as caving. I see that as getting rid of players that don't want to be on the team. I think caving would be the opposite if you ask me. Do you view the Broncos caving in to Ashley Lelie?

What year did we go into the season with 2 rookie Tackles? I don't seem to remember it. If you think that the O-line looked better you may want to watch how quick Brett threw the ball. He had pressure on him. It was improved but not anywhere near good. Atl. could have jammed the WR and took alot of that away.
In the year 2000 we had Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher start pretty much the whole year if not the entire year itself. Brett threw the ball very quickly indeed and his WR's were wide open. Could have Jammed the WR? Then why didn't they? The strategy was pretty good by MM.

Which one has he hit on?

It looks as if hes hit on Rogers, Hawk, Spitz, possible Moll, Jennings, Collins(as you pointed out), Poppinga, Too bad about Murphy, Brewster is looking good, Picket, Woodson, I won't say Manuel yet so who knows about him, Culver is playing well, Jolly is playing well, Hodge is playing well, Taylor is solid(lol no hes not LT I know), Donald Lee filled in nicely last season, Underwood was playing well before his injury(another injury not thompsons fault unless there is now a conspiracy by thompson to hurt the players he drafts), Colledge has looked good at LT, Gado, Beach has looked good in camp,

He's been the GM for a lil over a year now with one draft class on the field for a season and many of them injured. He also inherited a cap problem last season.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
So are you saying not resigning wahle is the reason we went 4-12? Because I would disagree with you there.

No but it had alot to do with it - along with no PLAN to replace him. Even TT admitted he made a mistake!

[quote:motqrvlz]Colledge a disaster? That's overstating it JUST A TAD I think. He provides depth at LT which we SERIOUSLY have needed for a very long time and that's at the very least. That shows TT's talent evaluating is pretty poor? He's had one draft where what? 4 players got seriously injured and one of his first round draft picks whom is looking very good is the FUTURE QB? Can you find me a quote from Mike Wahle? If that's how he feels then I guess I was right in the fact that we couldn't retain Wahle or Walker for that matter. Caved? I don't see that as caving. I see that as getting rid of players that don't want to be on the team. I think caving would be the opposite if you ask me. Do you view the Broncos caving in to Ashley Lelie?

What? This team could use Walker much more that Colledge at this time. TT drafted Colledge to start at guard. They are SETTLING for T because obviously TT was wrong. Don't tell me TT drafted him for depth at T. So we traded Walker for a backup T. Thats what I said, thanks for agreeing.

We are talking about facts, not injuries or FUTURE QB'S. Now you are speculating. As far as caving Javon wanted more money and because TT gave him his way HE GOT IT - THAT IS CALLED CAVING! When someone gets what they want what else do you call it?

In the year 2000 we had Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher start pretty much the whole year if not the entire year itself. Brett threw the ball very quickly indeed and his WR's were wide open. Could have Jammed the WR? Then why didn't they? The strategy was pretty good by MM.

Wrong! Dotson was the starter til he got hurt! Never did we go into a season with 2 rookie Tackles starting. It happened because of injuries, not incompetence, big difference. I guess it's fair to say that GB will go 9-7 like the Packers didin Sherman's first year then. If not the coaching must suck correct? According to your theory of the pre-season game then let's look at week 1. This O-Line can block? Why didn't they?Use the same excuses that you used for GB against SD on ATL. against GB. Maybe because they were running a generic Def not wanting to show anything? That was everyones excuse for GB against SD.

It looks as if hes hit on Rogers, Hawk, Spitz, possible Moll, Jennings, Collins(as you pointed out), Poppinga, Too bad about Murphy, Brewster is looking good, Picket, Woodson, I won't say Manuel yet so who knows about him, Culver is playing well, Jolly is playing well, Hodge is playing well, Taylor is solid(lol no hes not LT I know), Donald Lee filled in nicely last season, Underwood was playing well before his injury(another injury not thompsons fault unless there is now a conspiracy by thompson to hurt the players he drafts), Colledge has looked good at LT, Gado, Beach has looked good in camp,

He's been the GM for a lil over a year now with one draft class on the field for a season and many of them injured. He also inherited a cap problem last season.
[/quote:motqrvlz]

LOLOLOLOL. C'mon Possibly? Get real. So every player TT has brought in could POSSIBLY be good? What happened to facts? Underwood was playing well? "Gado looked good at Camp?" Poppinga? Brewster? Spare me bro. Just because a guy is in a Packers uniform and can run around does not mean he's "Looking Good." So when these guys get the axe it fair to say that I can call the TT Busts like you are trying to call them TT Finds?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No but it had alot to do with it - along with no PLAN to replace him. Even TT admitted he made a mistake!
I didn't say TT didn't make a mistake. I said Wahle is not the reason for a 4-12 season and I think we have different definitions of "alot" because I don't for one second believe losing Wahle is a major cause for that season.

What? This team could use Walker much more that Colledge at this time. TT drafted Colledge to start at guard. They are SETTLING for T because obviously TT was wrong. Don't tell me TT drafted him for depth at T. So we traded Walker for a backup T. Thats what I said, thanks for agreeing.

We are talking about facts, not injuries or FUTURE QB'S. Now you are speculating. As far as caving Javon wanted more money and because TT gave him his way HE GOT IT - THAT IS CALLED CAVING! When someone gets what they want what else do you call it?

Now you are changing the subject. Of course we could use a seasoned WR more than a T/G. That's not the issue. You're going to have to start reading what I'm saying a little better before you reply or we will be going in circles constantly. I said calling Colledge a disaster is overstating it. It obviously hasn't gone to plan, but AT THE VERY LEAST he provides much needed depth at LT. I never said that is specifically what TT drafted him to do in the first place. So injuries and reasons as to why someone is drafted aren't facts anymore? Just whatever YOU say or speculate about is a fact now? Geez, this is going to be a boring discussion.

Wrong! Dotson was the starter til he got hurt! Never did we go into a season with 2 rookie Tackles starting. It happened because of injuries, not incompetence, big difference. I guess it's fair to say that GB will go 9-7 like the Packers didin Sherman's first year then. If not the coaching must suck correct? According to your theory of the pre-season game then let's look at week 1. This O-Line can block? Why didn't they?Use the same excuses that you used for GB against SD on ATL. against GB. Maybe because they were running a generic Def not wanting to show anything? That was everyones excuse for GB against SD.

Lol again you are showing a bad tendency to jump the gun on what I say. I said in plain english that Clifton and Tauscher started the most of the season if not the whole season. Clifton played in 13 games while starting 10 and Tauscher played in all 16 starting 14. And wait a minute now...we aren't talking about injuries as facts remember? The only "fact" is we had two rookie tackles start the vast majority of the season that year remember? So its incompetence for Ted, but its an excuse for someone else? Hmmm a bit of a double standard there. Geez, you're even getting my theories wrong. I said the Oline is improving and improved quite a bit against the Falcons. You chastize those that look at the preseason as much as you do...that's pretty one-sided on your part.

LOLOLOLOL. C'mon Possibly? Get real. So every player TT has brought in could POSSIBLY be good? What happened to facts? Underwood was playing well? "Gado looked good at Camp?" Poppinga? Brewster? Spare me bro. Just because a guy is in a Packers uniform and can run around does not mean he's "Looking Good." So when these guys get the axe it fair to say that I can call the TT Busts like you are trying to call them TT Finds?
Lol you're right. They are all going to get the axe. Underwood(yeah hes a loser because hes injured...unless of course he was picked by someone else other than Ted Thompson), Poppinga, Brewster, Gado all gettin' the axe. Then you totally didn't read what I said AFTER the fact. He has had one draft class on the field for a year and you're already judging his "eye for talent" ? Let me ask you the same question...whatever happened to facts? I forgot injuries don't mean anything. That's just for the video games.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:lol:

This team is in shambles. You have a star protected by rookies.

ummm..Clifton, Tausher, Well, Franks aren't rookies!

You have a borderline #1 reciever

drivers #'s over the last 3 years say he is a #1

with no capable #2. You guys use Jennings name like he is some proven veteran.

GJ is gonna have a big year, he has some above average ball skills. #89 is a solid #2

Green,Davenport and Gado are coming off injuries. Davenport doesn't fit the system and Gado is struggling to pick it up.

Davenport maybe cut, samkon just needs to "run to daylight" , he'll be fine

Woodson is about 4 years late and was overrated to begin with.

i think woodson is gonna make you eat those words

Hawk is unproven, Barnett still overpurues and Taylor isn't LT.

:lol: Hawk looked great in his second game, barnett makes tos of tackles, and popinga will start at SAM not Taylor

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
I didn't say TT didn't make a mistake. I said Wahle is not the reason for a 4-12 season and I think we have different definitions of "alot" because I don't for one second believe losing Wahle is a major cause for that season.

[quote:3dpq5hbw]What? This team could use Walker much more that Colledge at this time. TT drafted Colledge to start at guard. They are SETTLING for T because obviously TT was wrong. Don't tell me TT drafted him for depth at T. So we traded Walker for a backup T. Thats what I said, thanks for agreeing.

Now you are changing the subject. Of course we could use a seasoned WR more than a T/G. That's not the issue. You're going to have to start reading what I'm saying a little better before you reply or we will be going in circles constantly. I said calling Colledge a disaster is overstating it. It obviously hasn't gone to plan, but AT THE VERY LEAST he provides much needed depth at LT. I never said that is specifically what TT drafted him to do in the first place. So injuries and reasons as to why someone is drafted aren't facts anymore? Just whatever YOU say or speculate about is a fact now? Geez, this is going to be a boring discussion.

Lol again you are showing a bad tendency to jump the gun on what I say. I said in plain english that Clifton and Tauscher started the most of the season if not the whole season. Clifton played in 13 games while starting 10 and Tauscher played in all 16 starting 14. And wait a minute now...we aren't talking about injuries as facts remember? The only "fact" is we had two rookie tackles start the vast majority of the season that year remember? So its incompetence for Ted, but its an excuse for someone else? Hmmm a bit of a double standard there. Geez, you're even getting my theories wrong. I said the Oline is improving and improved quite a bit against the Falcons. You chastize those that look at the preseason as much as you do...that's pretty one-sided on your part.

Lol you're right. They are all going to get the axe. Underwood(yeah hes a loser because hes injured...unless of course he was picked by someone else other than Ted Thompson), Poppinga, Brewster, Gado all gettin' the axe. Then you totally didn't read what I said AFTER the fact. He has had one draft class on the field for a year and you're already judging his "eye for talent" ? Let me ask you the same question...whatever happened to facts? I forgot injuries don't mean anything. That's just for the video games.[/quote:3dpq5hbw]

You were making sense but you lost me. You are twisting everything into 50 different arguments and it's confusing.

I stated that the guys you listed outside of Collins have not done anything. You come back with guys like Brewster and Jolly? That confuses me. What exactly have any of those guys done? Try using facts instead of "THEY COULD" or "They Look Like." Sorry, thats just not facts but instead a way to make your argument look logical.

So please give me something TT has done that had a positive effect on this team? I gave you 5 facts of things I've seen from TT that makes me worry. Can you give me 5 FACTUAL reasons on why you think TT has this franchise pointeed in the right direction?

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
excuse me gentlemen...this is the quote police. you have exceeded your maximum allowable quotes for the month. please pull over & i'll get the cuffs out & well... :)

just trying to lighten the mood a little.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

This team is in shambles. You have a star protected by rookies.

ummm..Clifton, Tausher, Well, Franks aren't rookies!

[quote:2tm4mum0]You have a borderline #1 reciever

drivers #'s over the last 3 years say he is a #1

with no capable #2. You guys use Jennings name like he is some proven veteran.

GJ is gonna have a big year, he has some above average ball skills. #89 is a solid #2

Green,Davenport and Gado are coming off injuries. Davenport doesn't fit the system and Gado is struggling to pick it up.

Davenport maybe cut, samkon just needs to "run to daylight" , he'll be fine

Woodson is about 4 years late and was overrated to begin with.

i think woodson is gonna make you eat those words

Hawk is unproven, Barnett still overpurues and Taylor isn't LT.

:lol: Hawk looked great in his second game, barnett makes tos of tackles, and popinga will start at SAM not Taylor[/quote:2tm4mum0]

I can't even respond to this junk anymore. Just going around stating players are going to be good means nothing. Why do you think Jennings is so good? What did you see from him in College? What about Hawk? What made you think he had a great game? How do you know Poppinga is starting? What makes you think Woodson is going to blow up this year after 4 injury riddled ones?

Here is your answer to all the above - Because they play for GB!

I always thought Packers fans were more objective than others but I guess not. We could have Donald Duck, The Little Mermaid and Spongebob Squarepants on our team and you would talk about how they were going to "BLOW-UP." It's just too much, sorry.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Duck never played as good as he could have. If he had McCarthy pushing him, he could explode in '06.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Donald Duck never played as good as he could have. If he had McCarthy pushing him, he could explode in '06.

Donald was good but then he tore his ****** and was never the same.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SpongeBob is gonna blow up!

But that's only if it rains!

(i know..i know..it's a bad, Cheesy type joke. But I couldn't resist.)

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
dhpackr said:

Why do you think Jennings is so good? What did you see from him in College?
I said it b/f. GJ can just pluck the ball out of the air w/o breaking his stride and then hit high gear and pull away from defenders. his one and only knock out of college was his size. thats it, some scouts feel 6'0" 200 is small. but ask marvin harrison and steve smith, they say otherwise.

[quote:3ncz9vbv]What about Hawk? What made you think he had a great game?
the play where he broke up a passing play on a quick rb downfeild.
the play where he sacked the qb
his intensity on the feild
his explosivness to the ball

[quote:3ncz9vbv] How do you know Poppinga is starting?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=487346

What makes you think Woodson is going to blow up this year after 4 injury riddled ones?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=488300
and charles feels he has something to prove

I always thought Packers fans were more objective than others but I guess not. We could have Donald Duck, The Little Mermaid and Spongebob Squarepants on our team and you would talk about how they were going to "BLOW-UP." It's just too much, sorry.
[/quote:3ncz9vbv][/quote:3ncz9vbv]

i'm a die hard fan of 30 years dude, if i thought the pack was that bad, I'd write it. but i don't, so i write what i feel from watching games, seeing practice, and reading articles!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears 9-7
Vikings 8-8
Packers 7-9
Lions 7-9

I don't think that there is a lot separating the teams. Injuries will really play a part.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
predictions are such a waste of time. Especially considering the Lions, Packers, and vikings all have new coaching staffs. As much as I hate to say it, Chicago runs away with the division. The other 3 are waaaaaaay behind.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
have you seen their QBs, big3? You of all people should know having bad QBs doesnt help you 'run away' with anything, except the race for a top 5 draft pick

Members online