NFC NORTH PREDICTIONS

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Cory,

But this argument has been gone over..over and over. And it was proven that TT could have kept Wahle. Andrew Brandt confirmed this, and hell...I think even TT himself admitted that it was a mistake....

or at least, the TT lovers have come around and done so!

You just can't give a GM so much leeway and not hold him accountable for his mistakes. Otherwise, it's just hero worship!

I can imagine the argument has gone on for a very long time. I'm just recalling what I read and heard at the time of Wahle's departure. Doesn't matter much now I suppose, but if it is indeed TT's mistake about Wahle and there are things I haven't heard of the situation(entirely possible obviously) then you are correct he should own up to that mistake. I do still disagree about the whole process of rebuilding. Some are calling for immidiate success this season or it's TT's fault and I don't agree with that notion nor do I agree that keeping Wahle would have kept us from a 4-12 season last year.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
BoydAvery said:
TomAllen said:
..and the TT myth continues..

Tom, what is the real story with TT?

Some think he's trying to run Brett Favre out of Green Bay. :roll:

I agree with you, Porky. I think its a ridiculous notion. If he failed with the guards and to some he has then it's simply a matter of failing with the guards. How long did it take for Wolf to get a competant left tackle? John Michaels, Ross Verba etc etc.....

Reaction score
Gattocheese said:
BEARS 9-7
PACKERS 6-10
LIONS 6-10
MINNESOTA 2-14

The Bears may have the best defense, but where are the playmakers on the offense? You say Grossman, Benson, ect.. and they dont come across as big playmakers.

Packers sucsess is only as far as the running game takes them. Running = Open receivers. We were only #1 in pass defense because are rushing defense blew.

Kitna will take this team to another level. They are not healthy enough or experienced enough to make a huge impact this year. Watch out for the following years.

I think this is a huge transition year for Minn. They dont have a reliable QB, their top WR just got cut, Unproven RB and the defense seems to be the weakest in our division. And what seems to be an overrated Head Coach.

WE ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT THE WORST DIVISION IN THE NFC

Interesting take.

The thing with the Bears is that they may not have playmakers, but then last year they also didn't have playmakers on O. Benson is more of a big play threat than Thomas, the WR crops is a lot better than last year (which isn't saying a great deal), and there is actually a nice QB competition going on. Simply put their D is good enough to overcome the Os shortcomings.

As for the Lions, Kitna needs to show he can put up numbers when it matters. He had success when Palmer was behind him waiting to get a shot, so let's see him do it when he is the guy without having anyone to push him. IMO of course I think McClown isn't a starting caliber type QB in this league, and nothign more than a #3 Qb on the depth chart. Their receivers are REALLY some question marks, but Roy Williams will likely have a good year. Besides him, nothing of note. Also what does it say that the Lions players have filed complaints with the NFLPA about their coach already?

Vikings..... are a walking circus. Let's see Hutchinson give Brad J. enough time to find a WR in a WR crop that is even worse than the Packers. At least Packers have an established leader in DD, a good rookie in Jennings, a vet still with potential and physical tools in Ferggy. Vikings need someone to step-up BIG TIME.

Beard should be able to get to a 10 win season. I say 11-5 maybe 12-4.
Packers should surprise this year, I say 9-7 tops. No wildcard in tough NFC race. Of course this record is based on the starters gelling together rather quickly.
Lions take a huge step forward, but will loos Martz sometime in the next two years. It will take the players a while to adjust to Martz complicated system, but they will really catch on towards the end of the season. They finish 5-11.
Vikings prove they are desperate for a playmaker. 3-11. Fans should take comfort in knowing they get top pick, and possibly Quinn or Adrian Peterson.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say this but the Vikings will probably finish closer to 8-8 and maybe even 9-7. Their defense has been playing some really good football so far. The D-Line is getting all sorts of pressure and they don't have to bring any LB's to pressure the QB.

Anyway, I hope you're right and I'm wrong because watching the Vikes go through a 3 win season would be awesome - I just don't see it.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
JbShell said:
Hey I am a homer but I will try to be objective as possible.

Green Bay 9-7. Growing pains early but will finish strong at the end. Will be in the playoffs and survive the tie breaker with Detroit for the division title.

Detroit 9-7. A dome team to the core and with Martz at the helm Detroit will have a comeback of sorts. Will come out of gate on fire but will sputter to the end.

Minnesota. 8-8 While I used to cringe when Childress was the OC at wisconsin he did orchestrate some dominate running teams in wisconsin. Will be an up and down team all year. will remind many of the 1999 packers.

Chicago 6-10 Like always one good year time to go back to reality. Key injuries to its D in midseason will cause the destruction and demise of this team. While it has a strong core its depth is not all that deep and the disparity in quality after the starting lineup is stark.

sounds about right to me, but what happens in the playoofs. GB v.s. Seattle or GB v.s. Dallas??

I said, "No more Kool-Aid for you!"

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
porky88 said:
BoydAvery said:
TomAllen said:

I agree with you, Porky. I think its a ridiculous notion. If he failed with the guards and to some he has then it's simply a matter of failing with the guards. How long did it take for Wolf to get a competant left tackle? John Michaels, Ross Verba etc etc.....

Ridiculous Notion? You know whats a Ridiculous Notion? Going into a season with a Hall Of Fame QB protected by two RAW ROOKIE GUARDS......My god, it embarrassing.

I won't even argue about it anymore. TT has shown his incompetence over and over again. You cannot argue facts with anyone because they will use the future as a reference as to why TT is doing so great. They can use that argument for years and it gives them an "OUT" from ever being wrong. TT has made so many key mistakes in the last 2 years and has done very little right. I won't be blinded by my Green and Gold goggles like most. This team is in BIG TROUBLE for the next few years. The Offense is a shell of what it used to be. We traded away Javon for a second round backup tackle. Brett's on his way out. The Defense looks great to Packers fans but outside of GB we are a bottom tier defensive team ranked 20-30th in the NFL.

It's not only a few people, it's most people. There are a few manic posters on here that will support TT til the end, but visiting other forums assured me that Packer fans in general will not accept a losing franchise and most want TT to either put a winning product on the field or get the hell out.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ridiculous Notion? You know whats a Ridiculous Notion? Going into a season with a Hall Of Fame QB protected by two RAW ROOKIE GUARDS......My god, it embarrassing.
Pyle, all I was saying is it's not some conspiracy to try and get Favre out of town. So say Favre retires then its ted thompsons first round draft choice aaron rogers, heir apparent to brett, that is protected by two rookies.

I won't even argue about it anymore. TT has shown his incompetence over and over again. You cannot argue facts with anyone because they will use the future as a reference as to why TT is doing so great. They can use that argument for years and it gives them an "OUT" from ever being wrong. TT has made so many key mistakes in the last 2 years and has done very little right. I won't be blinded by my Green and Gold goggles like most. This team is in BIG TROUBLE for the next few years. The Offense is a shell of what it used to be. We traded away Javon for a second round backup tackle. Brett's on his way out. The Defense looks great to Packers fans but outside of GB we are a bottom tier defensive team ranked 20-30th in the NFL.
I think the "green and gold" goggles itself is an "out" for those that wish to stay away from any type of debate or discussion. If this is how you feel about TT and I'm not saying you're not justified in what you believe, but let's discuss it instead of using the ole "green and gold goggles" out clause.

It's not only a few people, it's most people. There are a few manic posters on here that will support TT til the end, but visiting other forums assured me that Packer fans in general will not accept a losing franchise and most want TT to either put a winning product on the field or get the hell out.
I'm not going to take your word on what everyone else thinks. You have your opinion and others have their own.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
The Defense looks great to Packers fans but outside of GB we are a bottom tier defensive team ranked 20-30th in the NFL.

I believe I have asked this before, but how could we possibly be so bad when the NFL ranked us #7 overall last season? Are you saying that stats are meaningless? And if so, what exactly are you ranking any of the various positions by?

I am not trying to start an arguement with you, Pyle. All I am saying is 20th-30th in the league is a helluva long way from #7 and if nfl.com can be that far off ranking our defense, why should I believe anything that they say in regards to the #1 ranked offense, RB, QB or whatever? :shrug:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
porky88 said:
BoydAvery said:
TomAllen said:

Well it's really hard to say. TT not only has the OL screwed up but he has failed to address WR and RB.

After Driver and Jennings (providing he pans out) there is no one. At RB TT has resigned 2 cripples in Green and Davenport.

Why not get your HOF QB some weapons? Maybe TT would like to see Favre call it a career. That possibility does exist.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerSacker54 said:
dhpackr said:
JbShell said:

Green Bay 9-7. Growing pains early but will finish strong at the end. Will be in the playoffs and survive the tie breaker with Detroit for the division title.

Detroit 9-7. A dome team to the core and with Martz at the helm Detroit will have a comeback of sorts. Will come out of gate on fire but will sputter to the end.

Minnesota. 8-8 While I used to cringe when Childress was the OC at wisconsin he did orchestrate some dominate running teams in wisconsin. Will be an up and down team all year. will remind many of the 1999 packers.

Chicago 6-10 Like always one good year time to go back to reality. Key injuries to its D in midseason will cause the destruction and demise of this team. While it has a strong core its depth is not all that deep and the disparity in quality after the starting lineup is stark.

sounds about right to me, but what happens in the playoofs. GB v.s. Seattle or GB v.s. Dallas??

you don't feel GB can win 9 games and make the playoffs?

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I get the advantage of getting the most recent news. I still guess Chicago will have enough D to win the division at 10-6 but the only thing that makes me unsure is the last time they had a big year of 13-3 everyone said they were for real but next year their same old problems came back and they were back to the same old Bears so I wouldn't be to surprised to see them sink either. I've been gaining more confidence in the Pack lately and now would put them up in 2'nd at 9-7. One thing making me more optimistic is I think MM coaching Favre will make him more disciplined and could come up with a big year and others will step up to his lead. The biggest reason though I put them in 2nd is more due to the recent Viking news. I would of had them in 2nd but with Robinson cut and now Dwight Smith up to no good I see them not improving at all over last season. And then the Lions. Oh those poor Lions. I know the company line is the same again "they got all these 1st round picks and are ready to breakout" After all these years I've learnt the only thing breaking out with the Lions is a bad case of athlete's foot(I know corny joke) Well I'll just keep cheering for Millon to stay in charge

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
Well I get the advantage of getting the most recent news. I still guess Chicago will have enough D to win the division at 10-6 but the only thing that makes me unsure is the last time they had a big year of 13-3 everyone said they were for real but next year their same old problems came back and they were back to the same old Bears so I wouldn't be to surprised to see them sink either. I've been gaining more confidence in the Pack lately and now would put them up in 2'nd at 9-7. One thing making me more optimistic is I think MM coaching Favre will make him more disciplined and could come up with a big year and others will step up to his lead. The biggest reason though I put them in 2nd is more due to the recent Viking news. I would of had them in 2nd but with Robinson cut and now Dwight Smith up to no good I see them not improving at all over last season. And then the Lions. Oh those poor Lions. I know the company line is the same again "they got all these 1st round picks and are ready to breakout" After all these years I've learnt the only thing breaking out with the Lions is a bad case of athlete's foot(I know corny joke) Well I'll just keep cheering for Millon to stay in charge

I'm a Packers fan, and even I think most of you need to put down the Kool-Aid as well. 9-7 and the playoffs WILL not happen. If the Packers win 6 games they might as well consider it a successful season.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I'm a Packers fan, and even I think most of you need to put down the Kool-Aid as well. 9-7 and the playoffs WILL not happen. If the Packers win 6 games they might as well consider it a successful season.

bookmark

Jus in case...

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

WILL NOT, 'cmon dude you can't predict the future any better then the rest.

You don't think Hawk, and Woodson will improve the "D"?

You don't think Jennings will have a big year?

You don't think Green will Rush for 1000 yrds?

You don't think Brett will throw for 3500 yrds and 20 TD's?

You don't think last years 4-12 record will make this years schedule an easier one than '05?

You don't remember all the players GB lost last year to injury?

9 wins impossible, I beg to differ!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let it go dhpackr, remember who you are replying to. Pyle falls into the category of the Steel Wheels/Chase/P@ck66 mold.

Pyle, this isn't a total slam towards you...it's just the way you see things. Your glass is always half empty in regards to the Packers where others tend to look at the positives - and there are some of both (positives and negatives). Anyway, let's all hope that Pyle is wrong that the Packers are basically terrible and would be lucky to win 6 games this season!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyledriver I think your drinking the Koolaid. I never said anything about them making the playoffs i just said they could go 9-7. Any hopes for playoffs will lie in winning the division

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a loss is a loss is a loss, but do you people forget how many close games the Pack had???? with a far ****** team last year.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerSacker54 said:
dhpackr said:
JbShell said:

kool huh just like you bears fans thinking you have a team comparable to the 85 version. You seem to always forget that team had a awesome D with a damn fine offense

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's really hard to say. TT not only has the OL screwed up but he has failed to address WR and RB.

After Driver and Jennings (providing he pans out) there is no one. At RB TT has resigned 2 cripples in Green and Davenport.

Why not get your HOF QB some weapons? Maybe TT would like to see Favre call it a career. That possibility does exist.

Two cripples in Green and Davenport? Last I checked that wasn't the case. Green has looked amazing in camp and we will see our first glimpse of him against cincinatti. The Oline screwed? It's learning a new system and is showing improvement all the time. How many times did Favre get sacked against the Falcons? TT has stated many many many times he believes in building through the draft and he's kept to his word wether or not you like his draft picks is another story.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Let it go dhpackr, remember who you are replying to. Pyle falls into the category of the Steel Wheels/Chase/P@ck66 mold.

Pyle, this isn't a total slam towards you...it's just the way you see things. Your glass is always half empty in regards to the Packers where others tend to look at the positives - and there are some of both (positives and negatives). Anyway, let's all hope that Pyle is wrong that the Packers are basically terrible and would be lucky to win 6 games this season!

Lol, get real ND, I see things how they are. I don't come on here to dis the Packers. Putting me in a mold with some of those guys is silly. Pack66 was not liked because he stated facts. I had no problem with him.

What the hell is wrong with this place anymore? Because I don't try to sugarcoat everything and make outlandish predictions, I am a lesser Packers fan? No, the Packers WON'T win many games this year. No, I don't like Ted Thompson. No, I don't think this teams future is to bright. But YES, I am a Packers fan.

I am sorry if you can't deal with objectivity. I'm sorry that I don't ignore all the GAPING holes on this team. The truth hurts people, deal with it. The fact is outside of GB fans this team is thought to be one of the worst in the NFL. I have yet to see any predictions outside of a Packer Forum of this team going 8-8 let alone 9-7. This team is becoming a laughing stock very quickly around the league. Just go to ANY place, NFL.com,Espn.com,CBSsportsline.com, etc, and look at the review of this team. Talk to someone who doesn't back the Packers or another division rival and see what they say.

This team is in shambles. You have a star protected by rookies. You have a borderline #1 reciever with no capable #2. You guys use Jennings name like he is some proven veteran. I like Greg's future but c'mon now can we please be objective. Travis Jervey always looked good in camp as well. Fergie is a #4 at best and Gardner doesn't care. Green,Davenport and Gado are coming off injuries. Davenport doesn't fit the system and Gado is struggling to pick it up.

The Defense is not the Ravens of a few years ago. The first unit has been scored upon easily in the pre-season. We can't get pressure on the QB. KGB can't stop the run. Woodson is about 4 years late and was overrated to begin with. Harris has not honestly looked that good since early last year. Our safeties have no depth. Hawk is unproven, Barnett still overpurues and Taylor isn't LT.

Ourspecial teams are a disaster. We have no placekicker and a no-name punter. We can't find anyone to return kicks.

To top it off we have Mike McCarthy leading us. Please read the article a few threads down. A Rookie head coach with a young team who are learning new systems.

I don't know how you can ignore all of this, because I sure can't, so I predict what I see. In fact, it's how most people feel outside of GB. I'm sorry, but reading this prediction page made me chuckle. I applaud you for your everstrong optimism but reality is about to set in soon so get your excuses ready. Sit down objectively and look at this team as it is and not "what it could be if the stars align right." If you think this team is anywhere near a Division title after you do that than your clearly confused.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
NDPackerFan said:

Lol, get real ND, I see things how they are. I don't come on here to dis the Packers. Putting me in a mold with some of those guys is silly. Pack66 was not liked because he stated facts. I had no problem with him.

I.

Un fortaneltly you are not stating facts. You are stating others opinions of the team. While I and other choose to remain positive why be a negative spewing hater. Does this team have problems yeah sure it does. Is this team destined for the SB no I dont think so. Will this team be better than most think yep think it will be.

For you to think Pack66 stated fact you are dead worng. He rarely stated facts and foamed about how he wanted Sherman gone then when that happened he wasnt happy with the result. He wanted it both ways from sunday which was unrealistic.

Pyle there is nothing wrong with being positive about a team you love. Just as there is nothing wrong with pointing out defiencies. I for one think you need to be balanced on the approach.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say you see things how you believe them to be which is perfectly fine and you may turn out correct. I just hope you aren't getting your opinion from some pundits.

What the hell is wrong with this place anymore? Because I don't try to sugarcoat everything and make outlandish predictions, I am a lesser Packers fan? No, the Packers WON'T win many games this year. No, I don't like Ted Thompson. No, I don't think this teams future is to bright. But YES, I am a Packers fan.
Well this is a message board and you should be able to express your opinion of the way things are any way you wish as long as its not duragatory towards another poster personally.

I am sorry if you can't deal with objectivity. I'm sorry that I don't ignore all the GAPING holes on this team. The truth hurts people, deal with it. The fact is outside of GB fans this team is thought to be one of the worst in the NFL. I have yet to see any predictions outside of a Packer Forum of this team going 8-8 let alone 9-7. This team is becoming a laughing stock very quickly around the league. Just go to ANY place, NFL.com,Espn.com,CBSsportsline.com, etc, and look at the review of this team. Talk to someone who doesn't back the Packers or another division rival and see what they say.

Truth is subjective in these types of issues. I don't care what "any" place has to say about the Packers. They see a team that was 4-12 last season. Rememeber last year when the Cardinals were the **** pick to win that division? That didn't turn out so well last time I checked. I don't care what a division rival has to say about the team I follow any more than they care to hear what opinion I have of the team THEY follow. I would never let that dictate my opinion.

This team is in shambles. You have a star protected by rookies. You have a borderline #1 reciever with no capable #2. You guys use Jennings name like he is some proven veteran. I like Greg's future but c'mon now can we please be objective. Travis Jervey always looked good in camp as well. Fergie is a #4 at best and Gardner doesn't care. Green,Davenport and Gado are coming off injuries. Davenport doesn't fit the system and Gado is struggling to pick it up.
This is where the truth is "subjective" in these issues. The team is not in shambles, IMO. How many times was Favre sacked last week or even pressured that matter? Not that often. Clearly not as often as in the san diego game where Davenport was the culprit on a couple of missed blitz pickups. Green has looked amazing by all accounts thus far in camp. Brady Poppinga has looked amazing in his recovery. Modern science is far far advanced than where it was even 10 years ago. Is it a concern? Of course it is and it's a risk. It hardly means the team is in "shambles" though.

The Defense is not the Ravens of a few years ago. The first unit has been scored upon easily in the pre-season. We can't get pressure on the QB. KGB can't stop the run. Woodson is about 4 years late and was overrated to begin with. Harris has not honestly looked that good since early last year. Our safeties have no depth. Hawk is unproven, Barnett still overpurues and Taylor isn't LT.
The first unit has not been "scored upon easily" in the preseason. They did VERY well after that first drive against the Falcons and played well against the run at the very least against the chargers. Woodson overrated? Is that another "truth" ? Like I said its subjective. Harris hasn't looked good since early last year? The man gave up less than 5 td passes to his side last season. He was pro bowl calibur last season. Taylor isn't LT? Is that what we need to be good? Another LT because not to many of them have come around in the league and alot of other teams win without a LT. Btw, Hawk has been playing well in the preseason since you as everyone else likes to go on what the preseason may or may not indicate.

Ourspecial teams are a disaster. We have no placekicker and a no-name punter. We can't find anyone to return kicks.
Our ST's is definitely a question mark. I'll give you that. They are still tyring out new people to this day. Ryan has looked more consistant in camp and Raynor has done well thus far and is getting better. Our ST's should start to solidify more as they get more time to play together.

To top it off we have Mike McCarthy leading us. Please read the article a few threads down. A Rookie head coach with a young team who are learning new systems.

I don't know how you can ignore all of this because I sure can't so I predict what I see. In fact, it's how most people feel outside of GB. I'm sorry, but reading this prediction page made me chuckle. I applaud you for your everstrong optimism but reality is about to set in soon so get your excuses ready. Sit down objectively and look at this team as it is and not "what it could be if the stars align right." If you think this team is anywhere near a Division title after you do that than your clearly confused

No one is "ignoring" anything. We see it differently than how you see it. That is all. It's not "green and gold goggles" or "sugarcoating" anything. We see it very differently. I know you think that anyone has anything positive to say about the team they just "arent looking at things objectively" but that just isn't the case. You can look at any team in our division except for possible the Bears and make the case for them to be failures this season.