1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFC NORTH PREDICTIONS

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JbShell, Aug 25, 2006.

1. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Well with teams like Lions (no offense Detroit fans) and Vikings (no offense viking fans) yeah its a little weak. (I didn't include the pack or bears in the weak part because they are the wons that usually have a good season.

2. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bears-10-6
    Vikings- 9-7
    Lions 8-8
    Packers 5-11

Hate to be a pessimist, but you need an OL and a running game to win in the NFL and I still haven't seen that the Packers have either one. Compound that with deficiencies at TE, FB WR and special teams and it's just tough to predict a winning season this year. Another good draft and a year of experience will get us over the hump next year though, IMO.

3. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I'm suprised more people aren't giving more respect to the Vikings, have you seen them in pre-season? they look good actually.

4. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Fragile QB, no #1 RB, little talent at WR, linebacking questions and the fact they are the Vikings and always seem to be able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Chicago 10 wins + 1/ -2
    GB 8 wins +/- 2
    MN 6 wins +/3/ -1
    Detroit 5 wins +3/ -1

5. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, good O and D-line, but again, fragile QB, NO talent at WR (bye bye Koren!) an unproven RB, shallow at LB, and a new head coach. We have our own problems, but come on, Minnesota? Seriously? If not for the D-troit Pussycats, they'd be @ the bottom of the conference with the niners.

Pack - 9-7
    (only lose to NE @ home, only beat BUF and SF on the road)
    Bears- 8-8

Vikes 6-10

Lions crap. just crap.

6. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Green Bay 9-7
    Chicago 8-8
    Minnesota 7-9
    Detroit 6-10

7. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    PACK WINS !!!

8. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm surprised at the lack of love for Chicago. I know they collapsed the following year last time they had a great season, but their QB was Jim Miller then. Now they have Grossman, who has been good when he hasn't been injured, and Griese, who has always been a solid QB. They have awesome depth at RB, a good line, and WRs who proved to be servicable last season. Their D is awesome, and Urlacher is still one of the best players in the game.

I cheer against the Bears just as hard as any of you guys, but come on, stop drinking the Haterade.

9. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's very possible. Way to keep out of the Kool-Aid cupboard. :wink:

10. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0
    :roll: Lay off the Kool-Aid.

11. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0
    I need to print this article out, I just ran out of toilet paper. :D

12. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0
    Warning: You do know you may make a lot of enemies here by speaking the truth about the Bears success. :wink:

13. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it is time for a reality check
    I would love to see the Vikings 16-0 and the Packers 0-16.
    Ain't gonna happen!!!!
    The NFC North does not have any outstanding teams, however you never know. As for the Vikes, I will be happy if they just improve over last year.
    (as long as 2 of the wins are over the Packers :thumbsup: )
    I won't predict wins/losses, but my preseason thoughts are:

Bears
    Vikings
    Packers
    Lions

[​IMG]

14. BoydAvery

BoydAvery Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A man after my own heart. I love the competetion because that's what it's all about in the NFL.

Most of these guy's are all about hate. I think it stems from the incompetence that the Packers have had in the front office and consequently the poor choices of Ray Rhodes and Mike Sherman.

If the Packers can't match up with the better teams in the NFL, then hate the other teams that are successfull.

15. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Remember Thompson is also building and fixing Sherman's mess as a GM.

16. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's starting to become an excuse.

Not resigning Wahle was not one of Sherman's "messes"...that's on TT, as are many other things.

I remember people making excuses for Sherman for years right up until the point that TT fired him.

No. TT owns this team THIS YEAR!

17. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bears 10-6
    Packers 9-7
    Vikings 7-9
    Lions 6-10

I think this division will be improved somewhat and will end up beating up on each other a little. Surprise wins and losses abound for the teams in this division if you ask me(which no one did I admit).

Green Bay Packers-I think with Brett Favre returning and playing smarter in a better passing scheme more fit for his style of play will only help this team. If Favre is having fun again then watch out. You don't need spectacular recievers in this offense. Just good route runners that can catch and we have that in Driver and Jennings. Couple that with the TE's getting back into the recieving mix along with the FB and RB's. This ball will be spread around big time to keep defenses honest. We don't need our run game to be spectacular, either. It needs to be effective enough to get us in 3rd and short situations which it has in the preseason and which it seems to be improving. We have Ahman Green back and which by all accounts in camp has looked incredible and is showing the coachability he has as a player to learn this new system. If Davenport makes the team we will carry 4 RB's and frankly we've seen what this system can do with obscure RB's. I trust the system and the coaches teaching it. The Defense WILL BE BETTER. Keeping the same system with a familar defensive coach is extremely key. The Dline rotation will be big as the season wears on. Montgomery is showing himself as a capable backup and we have good depth at DT with Jenkins, Williams, Cole and now possibly Jolly. At LBer we are pretty strong, IMO. AJ Hawk gets better by the day, Taylor is solid with Poppinga/Hodge challenging for that spot. We have Barnett in the middle whom is a proven commodity as far as production goes and this is the first time he will have solid talent on both sides of him as well as the first time he will have consistant defensive schemes two years in a row. It will be interesting to see what he does along with this new "attitude" he is sporting. We have one of the best CB tandems in the league along with one of the best young safeties in the league. With Manuel and Culver manning the other safety spot we look to be pretty strong all around defensively, IMO. Would I like to solidify some other spots better? Of course, but you can't have all stars at every position. Frankly the only thing on this team that has me concerned is the K/P situation. Ryan has a hell of a leg, but is inconistant. Although, I'm reading where Ryan is becoming more and more consistant as practice wears on. Let's hope he's our next craig hentrich. Dave Raynor scares me a little, but by all accounts he's doing "ok" in camp as in one day he'll be great and the next day he'll make 7-10 or so. Those are the only two positions that really have me "concerned" because they are soooooo valuable to pts and field position.

18. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I disagree. Sherman did leave the team in a mess as the GM. The lack of depth and the salary cap trouble we were left in was astounding for a team that went 4-12. This team is EXTREMELY young now as we are rebuilding. How was Thompson suppose to resign Whale with the amount of room we had under the cap? Wahle got a 10 million dollar signing bonus from the panthers. He didn't want to restructure with the Packers. I wanted to keep Wahle as much as anyone else, but knew at the time it wasn't plausible.

19. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    This is how I'm predicting an 11-5 for the pack

CHI W 24-14
    NO W 35-17
    @DET W 31-21
    @PHI W 24-21 (revenge for all the close ones they one on GB)
    STL L 17-7
    bye
    @MIA W 35-28
    ARI W 21-10
    @BUF W 28-13
    @MIN L 21-14
    PAT L 31-14
    @SEA L 34-21
    NYJ W 28-24
    @SAN W 38-20
    DET W 21-17
    MIN W 31-24
    CHI L 35-24

(of course scores are guesses...unless I could go into the future)
    If you disagree with a game tell me why the pack would win/lose

20. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    sounds about right to me, but what happens in the playoofs. GB v.s. Seattle or GB v.s. Dallas??

21. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ..and the TT myth continues..

22. Gattocheese

Gattocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    BEARS 9-7
    PACKERS 6-10
    LIONS 6-10
    MINNESOTA 2-14

The Bears may have the best defense, but where are the playmakers on the offense? You say Grossman, Benson, ect.. and they dont come across as big playmakers.

Packers sucsess is only as far as the running game takes them. Running = Open receivers. We were only #1 in pass defense because are rushing defense blew.

Kitna will take this team to another level. They are not healthy enough or experienced enough to make a huge impact this year. Watch out for the following years.

I think this is a huge transition year for Minn. They dont have a reliable QB, their top WR just got cut, Unproven RB and the defense seems to be the weakest in our division. And what seems to be an overrated Head Coach.

WE ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT THE WORST DIVISION IN THE NFC

23. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If that's how you want to leave your argument then by all means have at it, but that definitely isnt the way to keep conversation lines open.

24. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Cory,

But this argument has been gone over..over and over. And it was proven that TT could have kept Wahle. Andrew Brandt confirmed this, and hell...I think even TT himself admitted that it was a mistake....

or at least, the TT lovers have come around and done so!

You just can't give a GM so much leeway and not hold him accountable for his mistakes. Otherwise, it's just hero worship!

25. BoydAvery

BoydAvery Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Tom, what is the real story with TT?