1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFC North Comparison

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackFanNChiTown, Jun 3, 2013.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    And the w/l record is what?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +856
    Personally, I think the way the NFL changed it, it does a disservice to not only the NFL players of the day but the AFL players of the day. They want you believe that the AFL is included in the NFL history, yet, if I am not mistaken, only 1 player who ever played exclusively in the AFL is in the HOF. Any other AFL player that is in played either after the merger of for a NFL team somewhere. So any AFL player that played in those first 4, if they didn't play beyond 1970, they will never be in the HOF.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +856
    Should be 1-1 like it was last year. But they are still in the running. Of all the games played by the division so far, assuming a split with Detroit and Chicago on division games, only the Bears first game comes into play on the first few tie breakers at the end of the year. So, IF, (notice capital IF), Ponder can clear himself of his cranial anal inversion, as well as our coaches not calling plays to maintain the score, they can still make it to the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    What was the Vikings record after two games last year?

5. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    I didn't see someone had asked that. I wonder why when the game is on the line late the Viking brain trust has peterson standing on the sidelines and puts the ball and their faith in ponder's hands.

6. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +856
    The bigger question is why after Ponder gets them to the 4 yard line do they take it out of his hands and give him one option, a running play, with no option for changing to a pass play at the line. The last two drives the Bears had held Peterson to about 2 yards per carry. Ponder was moving the ball well at the time. So you send your QB to the line at the 4 with a running play and no option to switch to a pass depending on what the defense shows you. That is all on the OC. That is bad play calling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Very few teams have made the playoffs after starting 0-2.

8. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,476
    I don't buy into the 0-2 statistic. Technically it is correct, but the real discussion should be about a team turning two losses into a playoff season. It's not that hard

9. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    No NFL team starting 0-2 has made the playoffs since 2008. Can it be done? Sure. But history says the odds on doing so aren't in a teams favor.

10. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I didn't look this up....but....didn't the Giants, the year they went 9 - 7 and won the superbowl start off the season 0 - 4 ??? could be wrong, but I thought that's how it went down.

11. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    They started off 6-2 in that season (2011) then went into a slide that got them to 9-7.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    I suppose your last sentence is truer to my point in broader terms. Often the Vikings leave me confused as it seems they are telegraphing either pass or run in instances where it would seem beneficial to have a defense guessing.

13. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +856
    One of the things that annoys the hell out of Viking fans. They take Peterson out on third down and long and everyone knows it's a pass. So all of a sudden you have 4 defensive lineman and 7 people back covering, if you lucky 4 people going out. Drives me nuts. Hell, leave Peterson in, have him run a fake, and if they don't bite at least he might be open in the flat, or it might take a defensive guy off one of the WR's. They ran a play last week were they had only two people going out. There were 9 people in the box, there was no fake to Peterson so the two WR's had at leas 2 people covering them. Ponder rolled out, saw no one was open and ran for a few yards. Piece of crap play. Even I could do better at play design.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +856
    You forgot to mention that the team that did that was..............The Vikings. :laugh:

15. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    We also forgot to tell ya that you didn't go to the superbowl that year either ...... or win one ever

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    History won't repeat itself and I'll be glad to revisit this later. :p

17. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    The Bears have a new toy in their coaching staff. Its exciting. When I was a kid, a new toy was always exciting. But sometimes they sucked.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,263
    Why would Packer fans want to go to a Vikings forum ??

19. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    To learn humility

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,263
    I AM assuming that was a humorous answer ?

21. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +364
    Great job by the Lions taking the Bears down a step. Now the Bears have the face the Saints which will hopefully add up to 3-2 for the Midwives of the Midway.

Pack need to come out strong and get this win Sunday. GPG!