NFC Norris Battle

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
What does Chuck Norris have to do with this? We'd definitely have a battle on our hands going against him. :whistling:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The North is always a battle. 2 playoff teams have come out of it in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016.

Wouldn't be surprised if it happens again this year.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the Packers are healthy (which is hardly ever) they can dominant this division. But as of now I'dgive the Queens a slight edge because they play way better defense than we do and can run the ball.

D

Deleted member 6794

When the Packers are healthy (which is hardly ever) they can dominant this division. But as of now I'dgive the Queens a slight edge because they play way better defense than we do and can run the ball.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind the Packers are still the odds-on favorite to win the North.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonight is a huge game. Winning the North is not a given.

yup. i think minn, det, and the Packers, aren't that far apart. they have better defenses, we have the best o but not by much. not winning the norris division would be horrible for any thoughts of going further. this is a must-win game.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
yup. i think minn, det, and the Packers, aren't that far apart. they have better defenses, we have the best o but not by much. not winning the norris division would be horrible for any thoughts of going further. this is a must-win game.
Best O? Based on what?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Treating tonight's game like a preseason matchup doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. Guys will have their sprains and pulls. If they hit the tub instead of the field, can't see how the Pack will avoid dropping games thst they have to win to stay a legitimate contender.

D

Deleted member 6794

And how many players from 4 years ago are still on the offense? 3 years ago?

Aaron Rodgers is still on the Packers. That's all you need to know to figure out which team features the best offense in the division.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And how many players from 4 years ago are still on the offense? 3 years ago?
Rodgers
Adams
Nelson
Cobb
BahkT
Linsley
Bulaga

7 out of 11, largely intact I'd say. Especially at the skill positions and the most important position on the field.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Rodgers
Adams
Nelson
Cobb
BahkT
Linsley
Bulaga

7 out of 11, largely intact I'd say. Especially at the skill positions and the most important position on the field.
From the start of the 2015 season. Sitton, Barclay, Linsley, Lang, Bahktari, R. Rodgers, J. Jones, Lacy, A. Rodgers, D. Adams, R. Cobb.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
From the start of the 2015 season. Sitton, Barclay, Linsley, Lang, Bahktari, R. Rodgers, J. Jones, Lacy, A. Rodgers, D. Adams, R. Cobb.
I mean, if you want to go back to even just one year ago, the Packers were 4th in scoring (no one else in the division higher than 20th) and 8th in yards (no one else higher than 15th). It's only week 4 so I'm not interested in looking at the numbers thus far this year, but the Packers largely have the same offensive personnel this year to last year, replaced a guard and a tight end. Unquestionably got stronger at tight end, added depth at running back, and didn't lose much as far as the starting RG, although admittedly lost some depth.

Again, with #12 on Green Bay, they are the best offense in this division. I'm not sure how that can really be disputed.

By the way, looking at the skill positions from 2015, the Packers are better across the board now as opposed to then. Not sure what you're getting at.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's only week 4 so I'm not interested in looking at the numbers thus far this year, but the Packers largely have the same offensive personnel this year to last year, replaced a guard and a tight end. Unquestionably got stronger at tight end, added depth at running back, and didn't lose much as far as the starting RG, although admittedly lost some depth.

Taking a closer look at the team's performance through four games I don't consider Bennett and Kendricks to be an unquestionable upgrade at tight end over Cook though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's 2 years ago and i'm not sure quite what your point is? you asked how many players were left, as if our offensive unit has been totally revamped?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Taking a closer look at the team's performance through four games I don't consider Bennett and Kendricks to be an unquestionable upgrade at tight end over Cook though.
Bennett won't keep the drops going, and I think Kendricks has the athleticism and versatility to simulate some of what Cook could do.

IMO, the combination of both makes the position stronger.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bennett can catch the ball, and he will. He's a far better blocker than anything e've had at the position since 1995 practically. He's going to be just fine. It's going to take some time for Bennett and kendricks to find their place in this offense and both of them have greatly improved our offense. with all the flux and turmoil again to start i supposed it's un-american of me to expect less than perfection from this bunch, but that's what I am I guess. They'll get it together and like always, this team in 3 weeks, will not be the team from week 1 and in December they won't be the team from today. They coach, plan and play with the entire season in mind. that last TD I think to Jordy, how many guys took Bennett when he turned inside and left him wide open? If that happens 14 more times this season and Bennett doesn't get a single TD and it's that easy every time he was worth it. Just for that and his blocking alone.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bennett won't keep the drops going, and I think Kendricks has the athleticism and versatility to simulate some of what Cook could do.

Unfortunately Bennett hasn't done a whole lot when catching the ball either, averaging only 8.3 yards per reception this season so far. I agree Kendricks is an upgrade as the second tight end on the depth chart over Rodgers though.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions get a road win today. That gives them a slight edge in the division as of now. Vikings having a home loss is a big blow but not nearly as big as the potential loss of Dalvin Cook. If it is an ACL I don't see the Vikings having the horse power to win the division. They likely didn't before that either as against 2 good defenses they couldn't get over 285 yards

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts