NFC CHAMPIONSHIP TAILGATE

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
As a fan that resides out of state, I'm in the same boat as RealCalCheese and the planning for something like this is gonna need thoughtful consideration for one to bring down the overall price to attend. For example, I booked a two night stay at the travel lodge green bay/Lambeau two weeks ago for two double beds under a refundable rate for about $70 (taxes included) and I just checked today to see the same room go for $240 a night under the same booking parameters.

As far as the team record and playoff seeding go, I'm taking it a game at a time and nothing for granted like many on this forum but in terms of planning the logistics for a first time trip to Lambeau during a possible championship week, it pays to cover all your basis and plan ahead as it's not gonna be cheap and every dollar saved helps. Thanks for all the cold weather gear tips and other things mentioned.
I hear that. Got my rooms for 150 for 3 days and they are already shooting up. San Francisco ehh...... So you ready for a tailgate in two years:cool:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a fan that resides out of state, I'm in the same boat as RealCalCheese and the planning for something like this is gonna need thoughtful consideration for one to bring down the overall price to attend. For example, I booked a two night stay at the travel lodge green bay/Lambeau two weeks ago for two double beds under a refundable rate for about $70 (taxes included) and I just checked today to see the same room go for $240 a night under the same booking parameters.

As far as the team record and playoff seeding go, I'm taking it a game at a time and nothing for granted like many on this forum but in terms of planning the logistics for a first time trip to Lambeau during a possible championship week, it pays to cover all your basis and plan ahead as it's not gonna be cheap and every dollar saved helps. Thanks for all the cold weather gear tips and other things mentioned.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if there are Packers fans somewhere already booking rooms and flights to Indy.
Heck, there were probably a few who even started doing that as soon as the final second ticked in Dallas of Stealers vs Packers.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So seathound has some for sale now. How does that work? What happens if for some reason the Packers don't make it to the NFC Championship game? Would it be better to buy them now or wait till they have reached the NFC Championship game?

While you do not purchase the tickets through Seat Hound, if the game does NOT happen you will get your money back.

Hmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear that. Got my rooms for 150 for 3 days and they are already shooting up. San Francisco ehh...... So you ready for a tailgate in two years:cool:

Yeah it'll be great to do some kind of tailgate when the Pack come to town. Born and raised in SF, so there weren't too many Pack fans around these parts and I've always had to go solo amongst all my 49ers friends during tailgates at Candlestick.

I've been a long time lurker to this forum and when I saw the epic tailgate in San diego, I almost bought a last minute plane and game ticket. Gotta hand it to you RealCal, awesome get-together. I'll most definitely be seeing you during the NFC Championship weekend.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Yeah it'll be great to do some kind of tailgate when the Pack come to town. Born and raised in SF, so there weren't too many Pack fans around these parts and I've always had to go solo amongst all my 49ers friends during tailgates at Candlestick.

I've been a long time lurker to this forum and when I saw the epic tailgate in San diego, I almost bought a last minute plane and game ticket. Gotta hand it to you RealCal, awesome get-together. I'll most definitely be seeing you during the NFC Championship weekend.
I wish you could have made it down it was an awesome day and an awesome game. The way the Packers and 9'ers are going a new rivalry could be starting and it will be another awesome day. One thing I learned. An Epic tailgate is best done by more than one person or you don't get to party. So when the time comes in a couple of years we'll get together and get a few people and recreate Lambeau west in No Cal. In the meantime Looking forward to meeting up at the Citadel of the NFL next month.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I have 3 rooms reserved too. Just need tix and plane fare!
cool, where are you from and where are you staying. we are at the econolodge, ARCheeeseHeads are also going to be at the econolodge. This already has the makings of a Packerforum party. We just need a place to party.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I need help guys and gals. I am looking for a good pair of boots to buy for when I come to Lambeau. I bought some coleman ducks but when I looked at them they sucked. Checked out some LL BEAN boots. Any suggestions to keep my feet cozy and dry without breaking the bank?

Thanks

packnutt

'97 Shareholder
Reaction score
cool, where are you from and where are you staying. we are at the econolodge, ARCheeeseHeads are also going to be at the econolodge. This already has the makings of a Packerforum party. We just need a place to party.

We're going to be at the Radisson next to the airport. Planning on arriving Fri. WE WILL PARTY!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I need help guys and gals. I am looking for a good pair of boots to buy for when I come to Lambeau. I bought some coleman ducks but when I looked at them they sucked. Checked out some LL BEAN boots. Any suggestions to keep my feet cozy and dry without breaking the bank?

Thanks

Will you ever use them again?

Because trust me when I say this...You can buy a real cheap pair, use the foot warmers, good socks place cardboard under feet, and you should be fine...

I hunted and ice fished in same real cold weather with just cheap KMART brands and I was okay..Yes the high priced ones will work best...But cheap ones if only one time can work too..

No matter what type you get, you need to make sure they fit with the socks you will be wearing..Because if you wear two layers, you dont want a tight fit, then they will get cold..You need a little wiggle room in case they do start to get cold..

Also, use MITTENS not gloves...Gloves will get your hands colder faster then mittens..

OR these

http://www.nextag.com/convertible-glove-mittens/products-html

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Act as mittens, but can use as gloves if needed...For me, they were perfect in hunting and ice fishing

packnutt

'97 Shareholder
Reaction score

Also, use MITTENS not gloves...Gloves will get your hands colder faster then mittens..

OR these

Act as mittens, but can use as gloves if needed...For me, they were perfect in hunting and ice fishing

Thanks for the excellent tip(s). I also never thought about cardboard. I've been to Lambeau twice (night games), but it was in late November not January! It will be a long day/night outside in the elements and once you're cold, it's hard to shake off.

I don't have any boots, so I was due. I got a decent pair at Timberland this morning for $84 using a 40% off coupon code (FRIENDS11). http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10961117
Good 'til Dec 5th

Bought some toasty wool socks too. :)

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

Because trust me when I say this...You can buy a real cheap pair, use the foot warmers, good socks place cardboard under feet, and you should be fine...

I hunted and ice fished in same real cold weather with just cheap KMART brands and I was okay..Yes the high priced ones will work best...But cheap ones if only one time can work too..

No matter what type you get, you need to make sure they fit with the socks you will be wearing..Because if you wear two layers, you dont want a tight fit, then they will get cold..You need a little wiggle room in case they do start to get cold..

OR these

Thanks, that makes sense about the tight fit sense you would want the air gap for insulation. I think I want a good pair of boots since I plan on making many more trips in the future when I retire in a couple of years. want a pair I will have for about 20 years. went Ice fishing in a pair of tennis shoes 20 years ago. was not a fun time. thanks for all the good info if there is a brand of boots your recommend let me know.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Thanks for the excellent tip(s). I also never thought about cardboard. I've been to Lambeau twice (night games), but it was in late November not January! It will be a long day/night outside in the elements and once you're cold, it's hard to shake off.

I don't have any boots, so I was due. I got a decent pair at Timberland this morning for $84 using a 40% off coupon code (FRIENDS11). http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10961117
Good 'til Dec 5th

Bought some toasty wool socks too. :)
hmmm looks good. may have to snatch these.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree 100% and if people want to make plans in the 1st week of the season, that is fine by me...I would even do it if I didnt live 120 miles away

But I dont want people taking it for granted they make it all the way...That is all

Tried telling people back in Nov....

Wish I would have been wrong

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I was confident but not gonna make advance plans for anything lol.

But, man this thread is so full of hope and optimism. The good old days.:cry:

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I was confident but not gonna make advance plans for anything lol.

But, man this thread is so full of hope and optimism. The good old days.:cry:

I marvel at some people and their optimism where football is concerned. I honestly wish I could be like that, and be so resilient that a loss wouldn't discourage me from guaranteeing a win the following week. People do it all the time - I just can't. I never guarantee a win, or plan on one. If I like our chances, I'll say so, but that's as far as I'll go.

My dad was a very pessimistic Packer fan (really, King of the Karma Pick) - I think it rubbed off on me.

The new season will be here before we know it. And I learned something from Kurt Warner, and what he said in "A Football Life" - you don't have to win it all to have a good year. A loss in the playoffs or the Super Bowl does not negate everything you've accomplished.

If he can look at it that way, so can I.

Members online

Latest posts