Next weeks coin flip!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next weeks coin flip could have a huge effect on who is available to the Packers in the draft.

If the Raiders do not win the coin flip and the 49ers get the 6th pick my gut feeling is Al is going to do something to trade up, dump some much needed cap monies and trade up to the Titans number 3 Pick.

Galloway may be the bait.

Art Shell is a man with a wisdom about O Line synergy and Galloway may not be his type of player.

Just a hunch.

RP

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Next weeks coin flip could have a huge effect on who is available to the Packers in the draft.

If the Raiders do not win the coin flip and the 49ers get the 6th pick my gut feeling is Al is going to do something to trade up, dump some much needed cap monies and trade up to the Titans number 3 Pick.

Galloway may be the bait.

Art Shell is a man with a wisdom about O Line synergy and Galloway may not be his type of player.

Just a hunch.

RP

Gallery?
Hammer

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes... Gallery, Robert. not Joey.

Sorry. Jeeese... Canadian Beer... High Test... Not use to it kind of sneaks up on ya.

Canadaian beer actually works.

Point is... With the Packers high pick one off the cuff move by Davis who is known for it could change the landscape for the Packers.

Cali... Lighten up my friend.. Look at the big picture. With the Packers picking 5th any move in the top 4 is Packers News.

RP

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this whole thread is a plot by Raider Pride to get all Packer fans wishing for the Raiders to win the coin flip. But what the heck, we've got nothing to lose:

WIN RAIDERS, WIN!
WIN RAIDERS, WIN!
WIN RAIDERS, WIN!
WIN RAIDERS, WIN!
WIN RAIDERS, WIN!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RP's theory is if the Raiders lose the flip Al Davis will want to move up to draft ahead of the Niners. Al being Al will then draft a mutant pygmy out of Heywood Jablomi State thus leaving us with a better pick than if he chose one of the big boys. Like RP said....it's only a hunch.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are they not flipping the coin to see who has the 6th and 7th picks?

I do not see the significance to the Packers. The Raiders are way over the cap and will be cutting Kerrry Collins(don't go there people) and other high priced players.

The Niners are below the cap and really want to draft AJ Hawk with pick #6 or hope he is still there at #7. The 49'er GM was director of college scouting with Thompson in Seattle and his Dad was a colleague of Ron Wolf. Ron gave the guy his first scouting job with the Packers.

A trade up in the draft can come from anywhere if they are willing to pay the price.

Why should this matter on a Packer board I do not understand.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, so maybe we want the Niners to win after all. It could make a difference to the Packers if either team decides to trade up and go after a player the Packers want--like A.J. Hawk or Mario Williams.

This is one of the low points of the offseason, so I'm willing to discuss just about anything.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
We know we have 5

If the Whiners get 6

The Raiders get 7 and feel the Whiners will take their prospect will they be inclied to work with the Packers to move up ahead of the Whiners or another team who ranks higher up on the draft board.

Tarlam!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Post things not related to the Packers in the NFL forum.

The flip does not affect the Packers or their draft position.

I am a newbie here, but, I found this remark quite strange. This thread is related to the draft and how the Packers will play out their draft pick based on the coin flip.

I find it to be O.K. where it is...

Tarlam!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Why should this matter on a Packer board I do not understand.

I can see we're gonna get along. :wink:

2 people have tried to explain why this is important to the Pack, so, if you haven't gotten it, there's not much point in trying to explain it.

Anyways, 2 pages of replies should be enough to convince even you that this is vital to the Packer's draft plans.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coin flip occured and SF gets 6th and Raiders 7th. And this crap about only stuff you decide affects the Packers is just crap. There are lots of things that can affect Packers indirectly and I see no reason to not discuss them.

Members online

Latest posts