Newspaper article on The Pack

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's good to read some kind words from afar, although it irritated me that the writer perpetuated this myth about Favre not being able to win in the Metrodome. He has won several times there. I think under Sherman the Packers won there 3 out of 6 times, although I don't have time to look it up right now.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say it's a tad early for Driver to be talking playoffs. Just righting the ship and winning games is good enough for me. I didn't expect playoffs at the beginning of the and still don't now.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say it's a tad early for Driver to be talking playoffs. Just righting the ship and winning games is good enough for me. I didn't expect playoffs at the beginning of the and still don't now.

You're absolutely right its a tad early, but it's nice to see some confidence coming from a vet like Driver...

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, on both fronts - it's too early to seriously consider playoffs. But at the same time, it is nice to hear the players talk about it because it shows some confidence and demonstrates that the competitive drive is alive and well. I think any true competitor is always thinking about making a big run at it, no matter how far away it might seem.

That's why it bothered me just a tad to hear Brett say something like "we're still bad" etc. (or something like that). Now don't get me wrong, I had a big grin on my face because we all know why he said it.. he has that twinkle in his eye, he likes the lowered expectations and the idea of the Pack flying under the radar for awhile.. It takes the pressure off, allows them to go freewheeling and win some games, and then voila - anything can happen.

But the fan in me still cringes just a little every time I hear the team described as "bad".. :(... even when it's a snowjob, LOL... Let's string a few more wins together, that talk will disappear ;)

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would completely disagree! Players and coaches should be setting their goals high. The playoffs are not out of reach, that is an attainable goal.

I would be happy with us finishing solid and just missing out, but that doesn't mean they should have the goal. Taking things one game at a time is important, but each team should have goals for the season. I'd bet that one of MM's goals is to make the playoffs.

GO PACK GO!!!

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Realistically (and I know this is all hypothetical, this early anyway) the packers could normally be in a 3-4 position and be looking at a momentum run and possible playoff hopes. On almost any given season that would be the case, because the division was (usually) largely up for grabs.

Unfortunately, Chicago is ******** that all up for us this year. Whether they deserve it or not, they now have a four game lead on us and they've beaten us head to head. Sure, we play them again, but it will be an absolute must-win if the Pack is, in fact, in the hunt. Fact is we would already be lookiing at a wildcard hope, and I just think there are too many good teams in the NFC this year to contend with.

I love to see the Pack in the playoffs. Even if they don't go deep, just to get one playoff game would make me happy. It tells me all is right in the world.

Unfortunately, we will have a tough row to *** this season. And, we have to continue this little win streak the pack has put together. ;) But it's fun to think about such things.

Members online

Latest posts