1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Newsflash: Packers to survive without Walker

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JBlood, Jul 21, 2005.

1. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +978
    Pro Football Weekly - The Best Coverage in the NFL

July 21, 2005

Packers to Walker: No deal

ProFootballWeekly.com asks associate editor Jeff Reynolds for his thoughts on the hottest topics in the NFL.

Packers

2. vixtalkn

vixtalkn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Over 3 seasons the Pack has paid Walker $6 million.
    What's wrong with $6 million?

3. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +50
    I agree Vix. If I hear the "only 515K" argument one more time I'm going to :puke:

I say trade him.

4. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +978
    Trading him is the same as reworking his contract. The only important thing here for Rosenhog is that Walker get a new contract, so that 'hog can collect his percentage. I say that unless Walker agrees to play under the terms of his contract, let him sit, wish him well in his new career. If he comes back and displays a McKenzie-like effort, then put him on the taxi squad for the next 2 years. Make it clear that professionals are supposed to act like professionals.

5. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Here's a comparison article to an Eagles Player pullin the same stunt... surprise.....

LINK - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3790028

It's a MUST-READ and something to consider.... I gotta say this - I think if I had my choice between Walker and this guy (?) - Well, let's just say Brett's Fantasy Team would probably include both, but I'd take the more athletic guy... and let Walker sit for the Season. I would keep him around for one year and then fire his butt, but I'd let him join up for just this year... I'm bettin' we'd be in the SB without fail....

6. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The message needs to be sent....let him sit....and lose a year towards his ultimate goal....free agency! Gotta play 6 games for a vested season....otherwise, it is lost.

7. classicpack

classicpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't be surprised if you see Walker pull a MacKenzie and report to the Packers in time for the first game. Probably will come down with a mysterious injury too. I just hope that if that time comes that they pull a Tampa Bay on him.....suspend him and get him out of the locker room.

Hopefully, that time will not come though.

8. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    AND HE HAS NOT EARNED IT ! :-?

HE HAS BEEN OVERPAID ! :x

9. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Again in this article Rottenlouse and his pups fail to acknowledge signing bonuses. What a slimy sumbag.

Stand strong Philly, GB and every other team, knock this BS out of football.

10. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +978
    I agree that he may well pull a McKenzie and be "hurt" until traded. Apparently, once these guys smell the money, they start acting like Red McCombs. Pathetic.

11. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    6 million in three years and he just had his first breakout season. he made out pretty good. Trade him for some defensive help.

12. vixtalkn

vixtalkn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Let's say, on the high side, a Hummer costs $125,000.

[​IMG]

Come on. Six million divided by 3 years equals $2M and $2M divided by $125,000 means 16 new Hummers a year. That's more than 2 new Hummers per month.

Does JWalk really need 16 Hummers per year to prove he's in the top 5 in the NFL?

I spose.
    [​IMG]
    vixtalkn.

13. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +978
    Vixtalkin, 125k per hummer??? That sucks!!

14. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Rearranging the letters of 'Agent Drew Rosenhaus' gives:

'Now shreds guarantee'

I knew there had to be a subliminal message in there somewhere ;)

15. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Do not trade Walker under any circumstance. If you trade him you will lay the ground for this to happen year in and year out. That was the mistake Sherman made. He should have suspended McKenzie last year and let him rot, for what we got in return in the trade we'd have been better off sending the message that when you're under contract you play to the contract. I'd rather have Walker rot on the sideline than to trade him.

16. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I agree 100%. Do not trade him or give in. The Packers hold all the cards here and they need to let everyone who is interested in listening know it. I hope Walker has fun wasting two years of his prime for a holdout that he shouldn't be in OTHERWISE I hope he comes to his senses and gets a SB ring.