News Media

Reaction score
I need to know how many believe in the news media and sport talk shows when it comes
to NFL news?
I've it up to here when they continuously speculate what's going to happen with Rodgers
signing and what's said or not said by Rodgers himself.
Now they interviewing past coaches and player's that don't know anymore then anyone of us.

Dammit Rodgers, come out of hiding and speak up on what your plans are for gods sake so we can
look forward to mini camp with or without you.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dammit Rodgers, come out of hiding and speak up on what your plans are for gods sake so we can look forward to mini camp with or without you.
The way I look at it, they're negotiating. So why should he come out and say anything? We'll find out eventually, one way or the other.

As for the sports news, I don't trust the regular news, why should I trust the sports news? Journalism is dead. I quit watching the sports news once they decided to become political channels.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have about as much confidence in what's reported by the media as I do in what's put out by the FO, coaches, players, agents, et. al. They all do whatever they can to increase their bargaining position or (if it's not the same thing), their $$$$

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It's fashionable among a certain element of society to bash "the media" in one broad stroke. Particularly if they're not reporting YOUR narrative.

Frankly, nobody forces anybody to turn on "the media". So.... don't turn it on. Easy as that. The folks yelling FAKE NEWS at the top of their lungs are really only looking for bias confirmation anyway. So, as I said, don't turn it on in the first place if you've got it all figured out.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
How about if you don't know and are trying to find out? Where do you go?
Personally I follow "news" sources from both sides of the biases plus, for news not sports, I'll grab a few international sites to get a fuller picture. Sometimes the stateside media on one side or the other won't even cover some stories and to get a fuller picture the foreign press usually at least mentions the important stuff.
CNN for hard science and technology overview, Fox business, Al Jazeera, Reuters, and BBC for what is happening outside the US.

Reaction score
It's fashionable among a certain element of society to bash "the media" in one broad stroke. Particularly if they're not reporting YOUR narrative.

Frankly, nobody forces anybody to turn on "the media". So.... don't turn it on. Easy as that. The folks yelling FAKE NEWS at the top of their lungs are really only looking for bias confirmation anyway. So, as I said, don't turn it on in the first place if you've got it all figured out.
That’s how I handle it. Although occasionally those bastards get me to click bait on their little story hook. Then I have to rip that hook out the hard way.
Where is Peter Jennings and Howard Cosell when you need them!

Last edited:

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finding objectivity is tough in the era of click bait. It takes a trained eye. Many "journalists" will stir the pot by writing controversial takes on hot topics. There's a certain percentage of people that will get so enraged by something they'll click on the headline in disbelief of such BS - which generates website traffic and makes money for them, so there will always be a business for misinformation or shoddy journalism. That's true beyond sports journalism as well, but that's a different subject.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no trustworthy media these days unless you get your sources from unpaid researchers. Even with that there is a 50% chance of the story being falsified

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The only sources I trust are those in this forum. Just a bunch of trustworthy people in here wanting to report the truth! Speaking of which, I am hoping to purchase my 12th Bridge soon, so anyone selling one..... :coffee:

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colin Cowherd, would I like shut him up once and for all.

I wouldn't blow a gasket over him. If you were to ask him, I'm pretty sure he would tell you he's a COLUMNIST and NOT A JOURNALIST

Difference being sports columnists are paid to give opinion and speculation on current sports news while journalists are not. Therefore I'm less bothered by Bayless and Cowherd because it's not their job to break the news.

NOW .... What I do take issue with is that some who are supposed to be journalists reporting real news are getting bad at their job. People like Schefter, the clown at Bleacher Report, PFT, and several others have definitely lost their sense of ethics and have begun reporting more hearsay as opposed to actual news. These guys are the ones who become a disease on journalism.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOW .... What I do take issue with is that some who are supposed to be journalists reporting real news are getting bad at their job. People like Schefter, the clown at Bleacher Report, PFT, and several others have definitely lost their sense of ethics and have begun reporting more hearsay as opposed to actual news. These guys are the ones who become a disease on journalism.
This seems to be the norm now, the columnists have become mixed into the journalists. Journalists are now a hybrid of the two.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This seems to be the norm now, the columnists have become mixed into the journalists. Journalists are now a hybrid of the two.
Not sure that is the whole enchilada but it is getting really close imho. There does need to be an honest separation. Walter Cronkite used to say "and that's the way it is..." except after his comment man (Eric Severide?) did an editorial bit. Then Cronkite would only say goodnight.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't blow a gasket over him. If you were to ask him, I'm pretty sure he would tell you he's a COLUMNIST and NOT A JOURNALIST

Difference being sports columnists are paid to give opinion and speculation on current sports news while journalists are not. Therefore I'm less bothered by Bayless and Cowherd because it's not their job to break the news.

People need to stop expecting sports journalists to adhere to the same standards of news journalists. They're not the same.

Packerpug

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I need to know how many believe in the news media and sport talk shows when it comes
to NFL news?
I've it up to here when they continuously speculate what's going to happen with Rodgers
signing and what's said or not said by Rodgers himself.
Now they interviewing past coaches and player's that don't know anymore then anyone of us.

Dammit Rodgers, come out of hiding and speak up on what your plans are for gods sake so we can
look forward to mini camp with or without you.
I agree as fans we need to know. I realize the June 2 date is important so I guess I can wait, but Rodgers is our Captain and leader. If he leaves I will harbor no ill feelings to him. His work on the field speaks for itself. If he does move on at least get 3 #1 picks from Denver over the next 3 years

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People need to stop expecting sports journalists to adhere to the same standards of news journalists. They're not the same.

I don't care whether you're reporting on news, sports, or Hollywood. If you spread BS as a journalist, you should be subjected to $50 million fines.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care whether you're reporting on news, sports, or Hollywood. If you spread BS as a journalist, you should be subjected to $50 million fines.
$50 million is a bit extreme considering most of the wealthiest journalists will never accrue that much in their lives. $100,000 fine and 2000 hours (1 year) of community service sounds better. Double everything for repeat offenses.

Now as far as political lobbying goes....every penny they've ever earned in bribes should have to be paid back.

Reaction score
$50 million is a bit extreme considering most of the wealthiest journalists will never accrue that much in their lives. $100,000 fine and 2000 hours (1 year) of community service sounds better. Double everything for repeat offenses.

Now as far as political lobbying goes....every penny they've ever earned in bribes should have to be paid back.
Community Service! Now that’s comical. These journalists think what they’re doing IS community service, that’s the irony :laugh:

Although.... I love your idea of seeing Adam Schefter picking up trash on the side of the Highway with a long poker and an orange bag. Really nice thought there.:tup:

Members online

Latest posts