News from Denver regarding Walker

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apr 27 Bob Grotz, of the Delaware County Times, reports ESPN reported the Denver Broncos offered the Green Bay Packers WR Ashley Lelie and a sixth-round draft pick in exchange for WR Javon Walker. According to SportsLine.com, the Eagles want a first-round draft pick for Walker.

I say we dump him for lelie and that sixth rounder. snatch it up! i think lelie has severely under-achieved and has the potential to be a big gun in this league. your thoughts.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The kid seems timid to me..in the limited opportunities I have seen him play. But my buddy in Denver is also not too fond of his play.

Basically all he is good at is running fast in a straight line. Doesn't seem to run routes well at all..and somewhat unwilling to hit the middle.

Not too fond of him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Javon Walker has received permission from the team to explore trade opportunities and a deal is expected before this weekend's NFL draft, league sources with direct knowledge of the situation said.

Walker

Walker is visiting the New Orleans Saints on Thursday and is scheduled to visit the Denver Broncos on Friday.

The Packers are also engaging in trade talks with the Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles but conversations aren't as far along as they are with the Saints and Broncos. Walker does not have any visits scheduled beyond the Saints and Broncos.

Walker, who underwent surgery in October on an injured anterior cruciate ligament, expects to be ready to go by training camp.

Walker has threatened to retire rather than play for the Packers next year, and general manager Ted Thompson has said he expects Walker to honor his contract.

"I've spoken with Javon over the course of the spring," Thompson said. "I think I'll let the original statement that we put out stand there. I know that things get said from time to time and I think the less said on something like that, the better."

Thompson did say that he and the team would welcome Walker back.

"I would," Thompson said. "I'm sure the team would. He's very well liked here. I assume you guys would agree with me."

Michael Smith is a senior writer for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New Orleans is a very interesting place for Javon to visit. I believe they want Hawk. #5 and JWalk for #2.

Boy Denver really knows how to pony up. Lelie and a sixth rounder is insulting. **** Denver! Lelie is not a west coast offense receiver and never will be. You have to have the ********* to go over the middle. Lelie likes the sideline too much.

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
regarding NO, do you think it's in the best interest of the team to move up to #2? i'm thinking more of a 2nd rounder & 4th rounder.... but if we could get a kickass OL from the donkeys, that would be good too.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#5 and Walker for #2 would be a bad move I think. Hawk is our greatest need and moving up to number 2 doesn't get us anybody else we want other than mario williams, but I would rather have Hawk. I would like the Denver trade if they gave like a 3 or 4th rounder instead of a 6th. Hopefully something better will come up.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Will the throw a six pack of Poitn beer there too???

I wont even think about a 6th and Lellie....nor will TT.. NO

I agree, terrible offer...AT LEAST Lelie and a fourth as a last resort, but again we could get something from new orleans too

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My money says he ends up in KC...they really need an upgrade at the position and would help to make that one scary friggin' offense.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Apr 27 Bob Grotz, of the Delaware County Times, reports ESPN reported the Denver Broncos offered the Green Bay Packers WR Ashley Lelie and a sixth-round draft pick in exchange for WR Javon Walker. According to SportsLine.com, the Eagles want a first-round draft pick for Walker.

I say we dump him for lelie and that sixth rounder. snatch it up! i think lelie has severely under-achieved and has the potential to be a big gun in this league. your thoughts.

I loved lelie out of college. the packers may have drafted lelie instead of walker, but denver took him (lelie) b/f gb could. so lelie was selected b/f walker.

lelie and a 4th sounds pretty swell.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
My money says he ends up in KC...they really need an upgrade at the position and would help to make that one scary friggin' offense.

Good call digs... I agree!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus, ownership has long standing ties with Herm Edwards...they are going to want to take care of him...and JW would fit that bill to a T.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT's offer of two #2's is more in line for a Pro Bowl wide receiver, albeit injured last year.

Denver is trying to dump Ashley L. He's a fruitloop.

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'd say lelie and a 3rd round nothing less then that because javon could be an all star and lelie will be an ok player but nothing special

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Lelie but I don't think he is worth that many chips compared to Javon Walker who could be a #1 again if he returns to 100%, and with Rod Smith approaching 40, this team needs a new standout wideout

Members online

Latest posts