News and updates from the Combine

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the older folks, and older regimes are all about it, thus that fact.

the newer regimes seem to know better.

except matt millen.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

except matt millen.

Sorry Trom but that's not how it works. Watch how every mock draft on the net gets shook up from some of the guys and specifically some of the 40 times. The 40 is just one thing though. They're a lot of things in the combine workout. The 40 however is very important for some positions. WR is one of the positions as is RB. Now for a OL or DE not so much. They're individual drills are more important and so is the bench. Obviously the throwing drills are more important for a QB. To ignore the 40 though is ridiculous to say Jarrett happens to play one of the positions the 40 has a lot of emphasis on.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

except matt millen.

Sorry Trom but that's not how it works.

How what works? Learning from mistakes? Its a test that doesn't work, like the old witch trial tests. People learned.

(yes, the 40 yard dash is that dangerous)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
tromadz said:

except matt millen.

Sorry Trom but that's not how it works.

How what works? Learning from mistakes? Its a test that doesn't work, like the old witch trial tests. People learned.

(yes, the 40 yard dash is that dangerous)

The only example you gave was a guy who ran a 4.7 and is good now. THe problem is though he went in round 2.

I still don't see why you brought the wonderlic into this? What does that have to do with your statement that the 40 carries absolutely no weight at all when it comes to the Draft?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why are you bringing up the wonderlic, which i mentioned like 5 posts ago, and then told you why (it is also a test that tells you nothing, like the 40). Thats very pack66-like, and I dont like it.

If that's how the remainder of this conversation is going to be, then we can end it with that.

I think the 40 is pointless, a lot of GMs do as well, and while it still somewhat effects draft stock, that is changing.

there, good day sir.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why are you bringing up the wonderlic, which i mentioned like 5 posts ago, and then told you why (it is also a test that tells you nothing, like the 40). Thats very pack66-like, and I dont like it.

If that's how the remainder of this conversation is going to be, then we can end it with that.

I think the 40 is pointless, a lot of GMs do as well, and while it still somewhat effects draft stock, that is changing.

there, good day sir.

You brought the wonderlic into this. Not me.

Provide proof that a lot of GM's think the 40 is pointless. There are 32. What's a lot? 1 or 2??? I'm sorry but if you think Jarrett can run a 4.75 40 and still go top 10 then your wrong in my opinion. What if he runs a 5.0? If it's as pointless as you state then that wouldn't matter.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

there, good day sir.

You brought the wonderlic into this. Not me.

Provide proof that a lot of GM's think the 40 is pointless. There are 32. What's a lot? 1 or 2??? I'm sorry but if you think Jarrett can run a 4.75 40 and still go top 10 then your wrong in my opinion. What if he runs a 5.0? If it's as pointless as you state then that wouldn't matter.

I said good day.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a pretty fun conversation to read, don't stop now!

I don't see how anyone can say the 40 doesn't affect draft position. Like porky said though, it is not a measure of future success, just draft position.

Whatever, I like Olsen, hopefully we can get him but it looks like he won't be the best player on the board when it comes to 16 or what our 2nd round pick is.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 40 time is not overrated in a WR. Tells you whether he is a deep threat or not and Jarrett is an over the middle posession receiver and we have those. I pray we do not waste our first pick on him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts