1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Newbie here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PackerChick, Jun 4, 2005.

1. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    :D Hello All. My name is PackerChick. I come from a small town in Northwest Wisconsin. I used to be on the News Chronicle message board, but it is no longer accessible. I wonder what is going on. I hope to feel like a member of the family none the less. I just got a little black and white kitty cat named Tux. Got him two weeks ago. I work at a local hospital as a public relations assistant. I also have a Brett Favre picture in my little office where I work. I also like to go to garage sales. I got a new Packers cap recently at one of them. What happened to the news chronicle forums anyhow? I felt like family on there. Please welcome me to the family. Are there any other News Chronicle users on here as well? Glad 2 see you then.

2. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Welcome PackerChick, we are sure glad to have you on the site!! I guess the NC is closing down. From my understanding the entire NC is closing down, not just it's forum.

At any rate hope you enjoy the site!

3. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanx Ryan, thats what I heard. Too bad. I hope to feel at home here. :D

4. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    welcome Packerchick...make sure Tux is a Pack fan. :wink:

5. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome aboard PackerChick. Ryan does a good job here. I'll miss the Chronicle too, but not the JimmyJambos. :mrgreen:

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Is this forum good enough for you Arizona? Sounds good enough to me. I will miss the Chronicle Board too. :comp:
    I like the emotions here too. 8)

7. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey are pretty flexible here PackerChick. You mentioned the emoiticons, those were sent to me over the last year from different users that wanted to them uploaded. I try and appease as many people as I can with site modifications. I am working on a new "lighter" colored theme right now. It is far from done, but you can see it's meak beginnings at http://new.packerforum.com.

Hope you like the place, I am glad to have you on the site!

8. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    So far everyone, im liking this one.

9. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    dont worry arrow. tux like the pack too.

10. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like this board a lot. It's well run, and has a lot of good features. We just need to keep adding to the family.

11. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Amen to that. Our regulars are GREAT, but more regulars would be excellent!

12. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packerchick-Welcome aboard- This PWT from DePere, I found this Packer Forum in April. I have been posting on two Green Bay newspapers Packer Forums (now one) and this one since April. The Gannett Newspaper Corp. bought The Green Bay News Chronicle a while back. NC has really never made any money. So Gannett eventually closed the News Chronicle, along with it's Packer Forum. Gannett also owns the Green Bay Press-Gazette, which by far has greater circulation then NC (over 60,000) The NC never had more than 20,000 and was slipping badly in the past few years. Two newspaper towns are a thing of the past, especially a city of Green Bay size (metro area of 230,000) That is the story of shut down of the NC. packer Forum. You will like Packer Forum.com. Looks like many former NC Packer forum posters are finding their way over here. I think it is a very good Packer Forum. Packerchick- I see your from North west Wisconsin, Are you anywhere near Webster/ Siren area? I have a nephew living there. Look forward to your postings on this Packer Forum.

13. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome PackerChick I am sure you will enjoy it here there are a lot of really good posters.

Later
    Leopardmech

14. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    thanks all. this is pretty decent. no spammers i see. :mrgreen:

15. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome PackerChick. Sounds like the NC was a good place. Their loss is the PCForums gain, I believe you will find a nice home here.
    :welcome:

PS Welcome to Tux also.

16. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes Traxx, this is my new home. Tux will like it too. :wink:

17. PackerCoz

PackerCoz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey PackerChick! My Dad lived some of his earlier years in the town of Minong. Is that anywhere close to you? No you don't have to reveal where you live to the Packer Forum... Just tryin' to see if we got somethin' in common, that's all...

18. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Well Coz, we both live in the northern part of wisconsin. Minong is more south of superior

19. PackerCoz

PackerCoz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok PackerChick! I personally haven't been to Wisconsin (ever) but my Dad has told me stories about the days living in REAL cold. He used to have to walk about three miles to school each school day and had to take an extra pair of jeans to school, because his jeans would be so frozen, when he got to school, that he could stand them up in the corner!!! We're talking about single-digits with wind-chills of -30 to -40... I am sure you have experienced the same things on occassion.

Make it a great day! And thanx for the reply! :thumbsup:

20. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I know those days too Coz. People are wimps today. They close school when its 40 below.

21. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I'm confident she has experienced actual temperatures of -30 or colder and wind chills of -50 or -60 or more. Correct me if I'm wrong PC.

I know what you mean be wimps now. Four or five inches of snow-no school.

22. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    cry babies
    :cry: