New trade rumor from Denver

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With TT's draft history he is unlikely to go 2 for 1. He loves those draft picks.
Personnally I wish he would just pick up Arrington and Woodson, go offense in the draft with Davis at #5, or, trade with Denver and get Jackson and some player that is still there at 22 no one expected to be still around. Seems like there's always one of those every year.

If we could somehow pull this off I would think those 4 guys would make a big difference for us next year.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
With TT's draft history he is unlikely to go 2 for 1. He loves those draft picks.
Personnally I wish he would just pick up Arrington and Woodson, go offense in the draft with Davis at #5, or, trade with Denver and get Jackson and some player that is still there at 22 no one expected to be still around. Seems like there's always one of those every year.

If we could somehow pull this off I would think those 4 guys would make a big difference for us next year.
Warhawk, you mean Chad Jackson right? I totally agree on Arrington and Woodson.

I would take Davis at 5 also if those guys sign.

Does anybody think San Fran made that trade with Denver so they can move ahead of us to get Hawk? They did lose Peterson and Carter to free agency this year.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get so frustrated with TT sometimes. That would be awesome if we could close the deals with arrington and woodson and get some offense in our draft picks.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
warhawk said:

Warhawk, you mean Chad Jackson right? I totally agree on Arrington and Woodson.

I would take Davis at 5 also if those guys sign.

Does anybody think San Fran made that trade with Denver so they can move ahead of us to get Hawk? They did lose Peterson and Carter to free
agency this year.

Denver went from 15, 22, round 1, and, 61 in round 2 to:

15th (round 1), 38th( round 2), 61st (round two), and, 68th( round 3). They now have seven pick in the first four rounds.

It looks like they may be positioning themselves to move up.
It wouldn't surprise me to see them offer the 15th, 61st, and 68th, for our 5th.
They would then have #5, #38(from SF) and three more picks by the end of round 4.
We would then hold the 15th, 37th, 61st, 67th, and 68th overall picks and have 5 players before the 5th pick in round three.
A TT type move if I ever saw one.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Warhawk, change 38 with 61 and I would bite. Or just give them Walker and 5 for all their picks through round 4 with the exception of comp picks of course.

We'll call it Ditka #2 and TT can restock the pond.

I think we are going to deal Walker to them, but not the #5 pick. The number 5 is going to be traded, but to whom, only Uncle Ted knows.

Good post though, I have my draft chart right by my keyboard.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did that and someone computed the numbers and it was a little to heavy in our favor.
Of course it really depends on how badly the Bronco's want the number five pick.
I would think that if this WR package were a part of the deal than yes we should get the #38 vs. #61. We should be able to ask that since the trade would not be equal. Walker is worth more. Even coming off the injury. Half the NFL has had that injury and came back. Not as much of a gamble as the old days.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Warhawk,

I'll never understand why we need to make that trade even numbers. They are the team that covets our pick! Let them pony up. Otherwise, let's stay put and draft our superstar.

Either way, it should turn out o.k., unless we draft a QB at #5, then I will join TT bash bandwagon!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
warhawk said:
I did that and someone computed the numbers and it was a little to heavy in our favor.
Of course it really depends on how badly the Bronco's want the number five pick.
I would think that if this WR package were a part of the deal than yes we should get the #38 vs. #61. We should be able to ask that since the trade would not be equal. Walker is worth more. Even coming off the injury. Half the NFL has had that injury and came back. Not as much of a gamble as the old days.

Half the NFL?

I was unaware that over 850 players in the NFL had the same injury Walker did. If that's the case then there shouldn't be any discussion about 'if' he recovers 100% seeing as over 850 players have done it in the NFL.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
obviously overstated but it still happens frequently in this league and in today's world they come back just fine.

The deal wouldn't happen anyway's until the teams medical guys evaluated it to determine the status of the repair and also how far along it is.

I doubt this injury will impede Walker from being a great receiver nearly as much as whatever has caused the brain damage.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Warhawk,

I'll never understand why we need to make that trade even numbers. They are the team that covets our pick! Let them pony up. Otherwise, let's stay put and draft our superstar.

Either way, it should turn out o.k., unless we draft a QB at #5, then I will join TT bash bandwagon!

I have no concept of the numbering system either. But most of these draft pick trades work out fairly close to them. Certainly no exact science related to this.

I just figure, if in fact, this is considered by both teams, it would look something like this.
Personally, either way works for me but it would sure be nice to see those guys mentioned on our "D" and be able to do some damage on the other side of the ball in the draft.

If I didn't learn anything else I found out we draft 3rd in the third round instead of 5th. Still haven't figured out how that happened though. How could two teams drop out of the top five and no one replaces them?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Warhawk; It is my understanding that for teams w/identical W-L records, the pick sequence for the first rd. of the draft is set by "difficulty of schedule" or some such nonsense. However, after the 1st rd, these teams with identical records ROTATE their positions. E.G. Packers pick #5 in 1st, #4 in second, #3 in third, etc. S.F. picks 6th in 1st, 5th in 2nd, etc. The team who picks highest in 1st (of these teams) then drops in 2nd. rd, etc. Anyway, that's what I heard. Enjoy the draft!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O.K. I see that now. I thought I would have picked up on it by now but do see this rotation when looking at rounds 2 and 3.

DA

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
warhawk said:
obviously overstated but it still happens frequently in this league and in today's world they come back just fine.

The deal wouldn't happen anyway's until the teams medical guys evaluated it to determine the status of the repair and also how far along it is.

I doubt this injury will impede Walker from being a great receiver nearly as much as whatever has caused the brain damage.

Understood.
Thoug I'm curious as to who has come back 100%? We should do a reasearch on the injury Walker had with the overall amount of who came back and who was not able to.
I think Jerry Rice had it and came back 100%. Joey Galloway too?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts