New trade rumor from Denver

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bill Williamson of the Denver post is saying the Broncos are packaging their 2 first rnd picks, #15 and #22, to move up to take Vernon Davis, he says two teams being mentioned are The Packers and The 49r's.

He also says they are also looking to trade Ashley Lelei who is in his last year of his contract.

I say we give Denver our #5 and Javon Walker for Ashlie Lelei and Denvers #15 and #22.

We get rid of Walker who is unhappy and coming off of a season ending injury, and we get 2 #1's and Lelei who is just coming into his own.

With the money we have to spend, we could afford 2 #1's and sign Lelie to a new contract, or just let him go to free agency next year if he doesn't work out.
After the top 10 players I am not up sO much on who would be available at 15 and 22 so any thoughts would be welcome.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
With those first two 1's we trade up to 1 and take Bush then right? I'm sure that's what people will say lol

Hey if Bush is that great of a player, go for it. Someone did mention he ran through the middle and awful lot last year at USC, however I have yet to see any good footage of it. Hell, any footage of it.

edit, not to seem hostile, sorry :) ... this could be very good although I'm 100% against getting rid of Javon. I really feel he'd serve us better in the Packers uniform then in two draft picks.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the 15th selection, the Green Bay Packers select...Chad Jackson/WR/
Florida (That's for you, Brett!)

With the 22nd selection, the Green Bay Packers select... Chad Greenaway/OLB/Iowa

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This article discussed the possibility of Lelie going to Green Bay and/or Walker going to Denver:

Broncos Lelie involved in trade rumors
Bill Williamson
4/9/2006

The player hotly rumored to be on his way out of town is Broncos receiver Ashley Lelie. His name has been mentioned in San Francisco and Green Bay. It's all just talk, of course.

It's unclear if there is any connection between this talk and Lelie's decision to skip the first week of the Broncos' offseason workout program to work out on his own in Arizona.

In any case, there is a good chance Lelie will leave Denver after this season as a free agent.

Perhaps Denver should consider trading him. The Broncos are likely to add a starting-caliber receiver, most likely via the draft. Florida's Chad Jackson and Ohio State's Santonio Holmes are the top candidates likely to be available with the No. 15 pick. Denver also could rekindle trade talk with the Packers for Javon Walker. If Green Bay trades Walker, it will be near or during the draft.

It wouldn't be surprising if Denver makes another run at Walker and offers Lelie in a package to the Packers - who, with or without Walker, need wideouts. Lelie is a great deep threat, but he doesn't seem to fit Denver's system.

If no receiver is brought in, Lelie will be part of Denver's plans this year. But if a receiver is brought in, Lelie's absence from the offseason workouts might be the beginning of the end of his stay in Denver.
http

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ashley Lelie
  • Position: WR
    Height: 6-3
    Weight: 200
    Born: 02/16/1980
    College: Hawaii
    NFL Experience: 5

Last Two Seasons.
2004 Denver Broncos 16 Games Played 54 Catchs 1084 Yards 20.1 YPC 58 Longest 7 TD
2005 Denver Broncos 16 Games Played 42 Catchs 770 Yards 18.3 YPC 56 Longest 1 TD

I don't think this trade is worth it.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think it is totally worth it. It looks like Walker won't play at all, or possibly like 6 games in order to become a free agent. This is as close to value as we could get for Walker. If we trade the draft picks that would work out pretty good too. We can probably get Greenway at number 15 and a O guard with the 24th possibly Nick Mangold, he is a center for ohio state that i think could play guard and the scouting report i read about him says he would fit best in a zone blocking scheme and most fantasy drafts have him going in the late first round. If Lelie is included that means we don't have to draft a reciever at least in the first day. If this could happen I think it is about the best possible thing.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think denver would offer such a trade. and i don't think it would be worth it if they did. a straight trade of lelie & a middle round draft pick for Walker seems worth it, but still, that would only depend on how bad denver wants walker and how bad they want to get rid of lelie. i think we need to keep that #5 pick. or if we DO trade it, i wouldn't want to slip any further than #10 (#7 raiders).

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's an interesting scenario. Even if the draft thing doesn't happen, some sort of Lelie-for-Walker deal would probably be a good thing. Lelie was one of two receivers (the other was Donte Stallworth of New Orleans) who was taken ahead of Javon Walker in the 2002 draft. He got off to a slow start in Denver, but has played better the last two seasons. He's not as good as a healthy Javon Walker who wants to play, but he is better than a *****y Javon Walker who doesn't want to play.

A trade would probably be a good thing for both players and both teams.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, Walker being somewhere that embraces people with crappy attitudes and Lelie having a change of scenery would probably help both.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
That's an interesting scenario. Even if the draft thing doesn't happen, some sort of Lelie-for-Walker deal would probably be a good thing. Lelie was one of two receivers (the other was Donte Stallworth of New Orleans) who was taken ahead of Javon Walker in the 2002 draft. He got off to a slow start in Denver, but has played better the last two seasons. He's not as good as a healthy Javon Walker who wants to play, but he is better than a *****y Javon Walker who doesn't want to play.

A trade would probably be a good thing for both players and both teams.

and the reality of the situation (though some people refuse to embrace reality) is that a *****y javon walker is the only javon walker showing up in GB

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
and the reality of the situation (though some people refuse to embrace reality) is that a *****y javon walker is the only javon walker showing up in GB

Most likely and a *****y J Walk is better than no J Walk.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A *****y J Walk that refuses to play until the 10th week when he has to show up so he can become a free agent?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
A *****y J Walk that refuses to play until the 10th week when he has to show up so he can become a free agent?

Showing up is considered week 1, not week 10.

And to go along with your wise crack comment, yes. He can show up at week 10 to help the push for the division title and playoff run.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero, do you really think that if he does hold out and then check in for week 10, he will be allowed to play? no way. line in the sand, dude, line in the sand

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Zero, do you really think that if he does hold out and then check in for week 10, he will be allowed to play? no way. line in the sand, dude, line in the sand

Line in the sand dude line in the sand.

You're right. Why play him? Break the rules of the CBA and get fined instead of putting the best WR you have on the team on the field.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm not saying they'll break the CBA. he'll have to be allowed to participate in practices and suit up for games, i would imagine. but they aren't forced to play him.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, I'd take Lelie for Walker in an instant. What's with the stubbornness about trading an injured guy who doesn't want to be here? Bringing in Lelie might even influence Brett's decision in a positive way.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i'm not saying they'll break the CBA. he'll have to be allowed to participate in practices and suit up for games, i would imagine. but they aren't forced to play him.

:roll:
You don't get it and I'm too tired to try and help your way through the fog.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts