1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

New Playoff Picture.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerLegend, Dec 17, 2006.

1. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    DIVISION LEADERS

NFC EAST- DALLAS 9-5
    NFC WEST- SEATTLE 8-6
    NFC NORTH - CHICAGO 12-2
    NFC SOUTH- NEW ORLEANS 9-5

WILDCARD

GIANTS 7-7 Games Left- Saints, Washington
    EAGLES 8-6 Games Left- Dallas, Atlanta

IN THE HUNT

ATLANTA 7-7 Games Left- Panthers, Eagles
    GREEN BAY 6-8 Games Left- Vikings, Bears
    VIKINGS 6-8 Games Left- Packers, Rams
    49ERS 6-8 Games Left- Arizona, Denver
    PANTHERS 6-8 Games Left- Atlanta, Saints
    RAMS 6-8 Games Left- Washington, Vikings

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    That's not the new playoff picture. I will have the new playoff picture up monday evening though :)

Gottsta wait for all the NFC games to be completed. :)

3. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont know why but every time they show the playoff picture on tv and they show the teams that are on the bubble, they never show gb even when alot of the teams where 6-8.

4. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  5. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    what exactly has to happen for the Packers to get in? We have to win out and either the Giants or the Eagles have to lose two of there last three?

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i refuse to care about the playoffs....its such a slim hope...i wont put myself through that!

just enjoy the final 2 games of the season, which could be favres last.

7. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You wish it was Favres last two games dont you Trom :lol: Im just jokin with ya. but maybe you do? but i dont care

8. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like we need the Eagles to beat the Giants today. We need the Eagles to Beat the Falcons in last game of the year and it should be an important game for the eagles so they should play hard. We need the Giants to lose at least one of their remaining 2 games after (hopefully) they lose today. We need the falcons to lose at least 1 more game. We have to win our remaining 2 games. Hopefully we have the tiebreaker vs some of these teams.

Seems pretty doable since the Vikings are crap and the Bears should be resting their starters in the last game of the year. Looks like Michael Vick has a hurt groin which is good for us. If the Giants lose today, they should be done since they are'nt likely to beat the Saints.

This seems like the best route for us to make the playoffs.

9. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I happen to agree with this sentiment. Don't care about the playoffs this season. We would be bounched quickly anyways.

10. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Would be nice to play the Cowboys in round 1 of the playoffs. They stomped us all day long in the 90's. Would be nice to send them and T.O. home crying in one of Favres last years.

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't much care myself. I'd like for us to make it because it would most likely make it easier to attract Free Agents this off season. Like you said, we'd be bounced early though.

Making the playoff chart dealio is just something fun to do and gives me(and others) something to watch for during other games. Just a way to make them a tad more interesting.

12. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  13. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Just saw the NFL Networks first promo for Thursday Nights Game and
    the NFL Network is marketing the "Last Time" concept and playing it up big time... Some great clips of Brett to the music... "It could could be the last time, It could be the last time....."

14. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Packers are the best 6-8 team in the NFC due to their NFC conference record. So if they win out, which is what they have to do to make the playoffs, they only have to pass the Falcons and Giants. I don't know their tie breakers, Falcons can lose both games, and so can the Giants.

15. William

William Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Among 6-8 teams, Rams ahead of Green Bay based on head to head, and Minnesota has a better conference record.

16. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    el oh el

17. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Silly Packer fans.

18. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Completely incorrect. Head to head is thrown out if there are more than 2 teams. We are currently 9th in the NFC, behind Minnesota within the 6-8 teams.

19. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    too much to drink ;)

20. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, we can beat the Viqueens next week and dont have to worry about conference record. Is that true? or is there another 6 - 8 record team that beats us on tie breakers. Also, the Falcons would probably have the same record as us so do we have the tiebreaker on them?

21. William

William Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No, NOT completely incorrect. If I'm wrong then Wikipedia is wrong:

<<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_playoffs>>

22. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just checked for myself. If things go the right way (Giants lose one more game, Packers win the last 2, Falcons lose 1 more game, i believe we are in the playoffs.

If we win our last 2 games, we'd be 8-8. Our conference record would be 7-5 and our division record would be 5-1. Thats better than the Vikings who would be 8-8 if they win their last game. Better than the Falcons conf and div. record if they finish 8-8, Same conference record but better than the Giants division record. Its better than the 49ers, Panthers and Rams conference records even if they finish 8-8 as well.

Wow, if this is correct, it looks like all we need is to win out and have the Falcons and Giants each lose one more game. And Vick is hurt (groin) i believe.

The Vikings are horrible and the Bears will be resting starters in week 17. This is sooooo doable.

23. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    then they are wrong. That's probably the last place I'd look for playoff info anyways.

ESPN, has us at 8th in the conference:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2668613

24. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Must win games remaining ... specially against viqueens ... we MUST WIN ... :jumpflame: :jumpsmile: :jumpflame: GO packs GO :jumpflame: :jumpsmile: :jumpflame:

25. PackFanatic

PackFanatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Really now I am just glad to see the team is kind of coming together. With a good draft and some more time we should be beack near to top of the NFC north dividson in 07