New Packer DVD

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just noticed this on the packer site.

What does everyone think wil be the top ten games featured on the DVD

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2008/04/02/2/

I will definately order this as for approx £50 ($100) with shipping it represents for me a chance to own packers history that I have never seen before. The one game I do want to see selected is themonday night game against the skins. It was the game when I became a packer fan but only saw 1/2 hour highlights of the game on UK TV.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.....so many great memories.
I'd like to see the Monday night 48-47 win over the Skins make the cut.
I remember that game....it was something else.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What PackerChick said. Can't believe the Ice Bowl didn't make the cut. Still, can't wait to get the DVD. I lost my NFL Network...gotta get something to tide me over until football season.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What PackerChick said. Can't believe the Ice Bowl didn't make the cut.
This is why:

Note: Only games for which the complete television broadcast is available can be included in the DVD. Complete broadcasts for some significant games, such as Super Bowl I and the Ice Bowl, are not available, so they are not included here.

OP
OP
F

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One Game not on the list which I would have liked to have seen is the thanksgiving day game at the lions in the late 80's which we won 44 - 40 with the 83 yard punt return by Water Stanley in the last minute to win it.

I was working at the time and as the UK didn't show live TV brodcasts of the NFL then I was listening on Armed Forces Radio and Television Services (AFRTS).

When WS returned the punt I was screaming and jumping up and down for all it was worth!!!

I have until this day never seen any highlights of this game.

I would have thought if the TV broadcast was available this was one game that would have been on the list.

Rilamann

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One Game not on the list which I would have liked to have seen is the thanksgiving day game at the lions in the late 80's which we won 44 - 40 with the 83 yard punt return by Water Stanley in the last minute to win it.

I was working at the time and as the UK didn't show live TV brodcasts of the NFL then I was listening on Armed Forces Radio and Television Services (AFRTS).

When WS returned the punt I was screaming and jumping up and down for all it was worth!!!

I have until this day never seen any highlights of this game.

I would have thought if the TV broadcast was available this was one game that would have been on the list.

Ironically that game was the first Packer game I actually sat down and watched.

I was 8 years old and I remember it was realy cold that day (didnt want to go outside) and there was only 1 TV and everyone was watching the game so I figured i'd watch it too.I remember everyone in the house screaming at the end then we had Thanksgiving dinner,great memory.

And I guess that was the day I became a Packer fan.

I collect Packer games on DVD as a hobby and I have that one in my collection,I also have the highlights and in the very near future i'll upload the hilgihts on to youtube.

As for the Packers DVD it is indeed about time they do something like this.The NFL could make a lot of money if they would make classic games avalible which it appears they are doing.

The reason the Ice Bowl & Super Bowls 1 & arent out there is because the orginal broadcasts of those games dont exist to anyone's knowledge.

I guess what happned is all the TV stations recorded over all the flim of those games and obviously they didnt have VCRs back then so nobody could record the games in their own homes.

The TV stations recorded over old film to save money,nice going they all recorded over the greatest football game ever played.I guess there is still some hope that maybe there is a complete orginal broadcast of the Ice Bowl and the first 2 Super Bowls out there somehwere that havent been found yet.

They did manage to find the Original broadcast of the 1961 NFL Championship game at Lambeau vs the Giants.Im superized they didnt offer that one on the DVD set.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am wondering why the 2000 or 1999 game vs. Minnesota isn't on here (Freeman and Bradford GW TD, respectively). Also, the 1995 game against Pittsburgh was a good one.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.....so many great memories.
I'd like to see the Monday night 48-47 win over the Skins make the cut.
I remember that game....it was something else.

That may have been my favorite non-Playoff game of all time.

No punts! And what was his name? Mark Moseley? He never missed FGs and he missed the final FG that game to give us the win.

They went on to win the SB. But we beat 'em that year. :cool:

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This DVD is available on Amazon for considerably less than the Packers Pro Shop. You fans over in the UK and Europe, or up here in Canada can save some $$$ going that route. ;)

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This DVD is available on Amazon for considerably less than the Packers Pro Shop. You fans over in the UK and Europe, or up here in Canada can save some $$$ going that route. ;)

Your page is hilarious.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your page is hilarious.

The page actually belongs to a good friend of mine I went to high school with. It has actually been profiled on Chicago TV (!) and was endorsed by Wil Wheaton (seriously).

I am glad you enjoy it. :)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts