1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

New Packer Coach Lives in a Cave

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by vixtalkn, Jul 27, 2005.

1. vixtalkn

vixtalkn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]
    Wide Receivers Coach James Franklin

"Javon has been great," Franklin said. "He's a sharp guy, a class act. He really wants to make sure he's presenting a good image. Everyone I've talked to has said nothing but good things about Javon Walker."
    http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 207940.htm

Appears Franklin doesn't visit the boards on any kind of regular basis. :roll:

2. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I halfway agree with him. Until he got hooked up with the Pig he was everything Franklin says. I'm not excusing him for what he is doing. HE chose the Pig....but up until then he did seem like a personable guy who was concerned about his image.

3. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Javon Walker, a great man, has been captured by a creepy, greedy capitalist crumb. It happens every day.

We can fix that. :D

4. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I could agree with this guy...................................If he would have said it last year. He is just covering for J Walk.

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I dunno digger.....sounds to me that Javon has become a creepy, greedy capitalist. He makes over $35,000 per year, which of course, makes him a capitalist by your definition.

Better be careful, this might be too political for this forum. :wink:

6. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Ouch - personal dig, maybe? And, what's wrong with making 35 thou a year? It pays the bills and allows for some brewskis at Packertime.... Not everyone can be filthy ultra-rich like yourself... ya know!

Moving on.... Javon Walker, more than likely, is exactly what this Coach says... But, someone got into his head, possibly not Drew Rosenhaus, in the beginning which started this train wreck... I'd like to have been a fly on the wall during that particular conversation... you?

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Not rich..IP.....just an inside joke between digger and myself.

If you read my post and thought it was a putdown to people making 35k....read it again......or have someone read it to you!

8. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Cute - learn to use smiley's for effect......

9. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Maybe you can give lessons on how to use smilies smarta$$.....you seem to be the forum expert. BTW...why is their an apostrophe in smiley's?

10. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    He's trying to develop a positive relationship with Javon so that when he comes in he will work for his coach.

11. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    You can take the people out of the old forum, but not the old forum out of the people....

A bit thin skinned, maybe....? :shock:

As far as James Franklin is concerned - I'm sure he's a pretty good Coach, or the Packers wouldn't have hired him in the first place. 'Course, they hired Kurt Schottenheimer, too - but we'll take it with a grain o' salt that TT had some say in keeping this guy somewhere in the off-season.... Have we heard any of the WR's mention not liking this Coach, ala McKenzie rants? I haven't. Anyone?

James Franklin's comment about Javon is his opinion and he's worked with the guy already - so maybe he's just trying not to get involved on the contract side of the Javon issue... that's my take!

12. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Plenty of WR's have had one good season in the NFL.

Javon Walker has a lot to prove to be considered a top quality receiver in the NFL.

13. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Javon seemed to be OK until he started hanging around with the wrong people,TO and Rottenlouse. But he is still responsible for his own decisions. The coach has to be a good guy in the equation, thus the nice comments. He needs a good relationship so he can effectively coach Javon. Management is the bad guy.

However, from our(most fans) point of view, hold tight Pack, be strong, stand your ground.

14. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Javon Walker made up his mind. No one forced him to sit out. There's too much of that nowadays where people put the blame on something or someone else. He is an adult--supposedly--and should know what he is doing. However, I don't think he is acting like an adult. Just my humble opinion--for what it is worth.