New Orleans Saints

Packmaster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...can anyone think of ONE good reason why they will march into Lambeau this week..and beat Green Bay ??????????/

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just to **** us off? :lol:

really though, i think this is our game to win. simply because Brooks is still behind center over there. i still don't think it'll be a walk in the park, might be a little too close for comfort.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll kick their ***!!! Well, maybe win by at least 10...or maybe a Ryan Longwell FG...or, damn I don't care...just win, Packers, just win. :pray:

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps yesterday's 4th quarter woke up the team and they can carry it over to this week. They need that kind of effort for four quarters to win.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
Perhaps yesterday's 4th quarter woke up the team and they can carry it over to this week. They need that kind of effort for four quarters to win.

that would be lovely. my only real concern is the injuries. we got banged up something fierce last night..

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are MANY reasons but I think the Packers win this one.

Like your monicker... Did you think that up yourself?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
We'll kick their ***!!! Well, maybe win by at least 10...or maybe a Ryan Longwell FG...or, damn I don't care...just win, Packers, just win. :pray:

a win is a win...

but we need some confidence, fast...I hope we can go out, score 14, 21 points quickly...get ahead, play our game...as a way to remind the team, hey, remember what this is like...?

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are like a wounded animal right now, so I think we'll come out fighting and win this one somehow. If not, it could get reat ugly.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

I was going to ask if you rejoined under your old name until I read this post by you.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
We are like a wounded animal right now, so I think we'll come out fighting and win this one somehow. If not, it could get reat ugly.

I'm worried about the Saints game because we are a wounded animal. We are coming off a short week with the Monday night game, and we got a ton of injuries on top of that. We could have used that bye week a week sooner considering the condition we are currently in. Hopefully they surprise me the way they did a few years ago when we beat the Patriots with 6 starters out on defense.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packmaster said:
...can anyone think of ONE good reason why they will march into Lambeau this week..and beat Green Bay ??????????/

While the rest of ya sorta pulled a thread hijack --- I'll put up an answer....
(READ THE QUESTION..AGAIN)

The Survey says: MIKE SHERMAN

Certainly, I think we'll win the game... I would never wish otherwise...
But, aren't we mysteriously right back where we were last year, and the year before that... all over again.... as if Shermy wishes it should be this way all of the time? Every dang year... we couldn't coach our way into a 4-1, or 4-0 season, even if the sky started falling.....

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
Obi1 said:

I was going to ask if you rejoined under your old name until I read this post by you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I did too APF.
Obi did you forget to copywrite it?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:

TRUTH!

If GB would play the whole game with the same sense of urgency that they show in the 4th Qrtr perhaps they would have won a couple of those games.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My concerns are twofold:

1. we expended so much energy making a valiant effort to come back last week that we have an off day this Sunday; and

2. injuries, especially to the WRs.

That being said, we win this one going away and we start to right the ship beginning this Sunday.

PackMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I ran into Mike Mckenzie (sp?) at the airport in San Antonio TX just before the season started this year. He stated that the Packer fans are the best in the country by far. He was sorry how it worked out in Green Bay last year. He was very friendly and started poping off how he had marked his calendar for the Oct. 9th game against the Packers. He said he was going to put a hurtin on my boys. This was all said in fun but you could tell he has a score to settle with Coach Sherman. It will be very interesting to see him vs. Brett on Sunday.

I think this will be another hard game to win coming off a battle on Monday Night. The Pack should win this game then have two weeks to get ready for the Queens.

GO PACK GO!!!

Lock827

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackMan said:
I ran into Mike Mckenzie (sp?) at the airport in San Antonio TX just before the season started this year. He stated that the Packer fans are the best in the country by far. He was sorry how it worked out in Green Bay last year. He was very friendly and started poping off how he had marked his calendar for the Oct. 9th game against the Packers. He said he was going to put a hurtin on my boys. This was all said in fun but you could tell he has a score to settle with Coach Sherman. It will be very interesting to see him vs. Brett on Sunday.

I think this will be another hard game to win coming off a battle on Monday Night. The Pack should win this game then have two weeks to get ready for the Queens.

GO PACK GO!!!

Mckenzie is definitely going to be up for this game. I know you guys are a wounded animal backed into a corner right now, but that's not the kind of animal I want to be messing with.

it's going to be a good game either way.

BillyC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great site guys! Being the huge Saints' fan that I am, I've been reading your board to find out what Packers fans think of the upcoming game. Very interesting opinions.

Anyway, we've all been discussing the game at SaintsRevolution.com and most are worried about Favre. Me ... not so much!

I see most of you are confident that the Pack will beat my Saints. Of course, I find that doubtful. Good teams don't start the season 0-4. The Packers might not be as bad as their record, but the Packers are a bad football team.

You guys have matchup problems with the Saints:

1. Saints' pass rush vs. Green Bay offensive line.
2. Packers' WR vs. Saints' CBs.
3. Saints' offensive line vs. Green Bay defensive line.
4. Saints' WRs vs. Green Bay CBs.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BillyC said:

noted Billy.

heres the matchup i'm keeping an eye on.

-Brooks vs. Brooks

if this guy has finally earned your confidence i'd love to hear why. im not trying to be a smartass here, i just think he has a penchant for ******** things up.

Lock827

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
BillyC said:

noted Billy.

-Brooks vs. Brooks

if this guy has finally earned your confidence i'd love to hear why. im not trying to be a smartass here, i just think he has a penchant for ******** things up.

You're asking the wrong guy that Arrow. Bily is AB's biggest fan. He spends half his day standing up for him againts the "Brooks bashers".

I'm 50/50 on Brooks. he has some awesome skills when he uses them correctly, but you're right he does have a penchant for ******** things up. I've been screaming to get some competition in camp , but he's the best option we have so I'm his fan every Sunday!

P.S. Watch out for Adrian McPhereson in 2007!

BillyC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
BillyC said:

noted Billy.

-Brooks vs. Brooks

Brooks has always had my confidence. Too much blame is always placed on the QB when a team is struggling. I've read on this board where folks are blaming Favre for the Packers problems. Some have even suggested getting rid of Favre.

I'm not saying Brooks doesn't make mistakes because he does. However, if your best hope is Aaron Brooks losing the game for the Saints, I think you're going to be sadly mistaken.

I would even go so far as to say Brooks might be the MVP of this game. He has been in our two wins this season anyway. Of course, I guess you have to also give credit to Joe Horn and Stallworth.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BillyC said:
Brooks has always had my confidence. Too much blame is always placed on the QB when a team is struggling. I've read on this board where folks are blaming Favre for the Packers problems. Some have even suggested getting rid of Favre.

I'm not saying Brooks doesn't make mistakes because he does. However, if your best hope is Aaron Brooks losing the game for the Saints, I think you're going to be sadly mistaken.

I would even go so far as to say Brooks might be the MVP of this game. He has been in our two wins this season anyway. Of course, I guess you have to also give credit to Joe Horn and Stallworth.

fair enough.

im definitely not trying to overlook the Saints as a ballclub. like i said earlier in this thread, we had a gross amount of injuries against the Panthers. that depleted roster could easily cost us a game against you guys. so when it comes down to it...yes, i'm counting on Brooks making some costly mistakes next week. if he's been playing well as of late then hopefully he's due.

Members online

Latest posts