1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

New NFL schedule format???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Steel Wheels, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The NFL is looking into going to an 18 game schedule with a 2 game pre-season.

In the new setup a team would play their regular 6 games in their division and they would play the remaining teams in their conference once. 6 division games and 12 games with the remaining teams in the conference.

There would be no inter-conference games until the Super Bowl.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    could I get the link?

3. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
  4. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

There is a link from 2004, where I got my info.

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Where?

6. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You always need help...you didn't even know 2/4 = .500

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't think someone who feels the Pre Season holds ground on who goes to the Super Bowl should be attempting to knock someone elses intelligence.

Again I ask, can I have the link? You keep dodging this question, all I ask is for the link bud.

8. ohiopacker

ohiopacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    18 games

I guess I would like to see 2 more games that mean something , but keep the inter-conference match-ups . There are some good ones , like this years game vs Pitt (packer win of course ) .

The NFL would have to get out a new stat book with the 2 extra games . But in the past they have gone from a 12 game season to 14 to 16 .
    I just hope if they go to a 18 games season the players don't hold out for more money because they have to play 2 more games ( which will happen ) .
    Could you imagine a player going into Lombardi's office and demanding more money on a contract that he already signed ?

:beer: GO PACK

9. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    One wonders about the Wisconsin Hospitality from some fans when they have to play these types of games....

Slick - I'll try and see if I can find something for ya....!

Personally - if this is true, btw - I just don't see having only two Pre-season games as healthy for any Team. They need more time - the only other way, would be to have some volunteer inter-divisional matches in Training Camp - they could pull that off, and the League would be unwise to stop them - isn't Training Camp up to each Team on what they do? I think it is....

An 18 Game Season - huh - it's almost as if it's gonna get out of hand before we even realize it - if this is true, that is.... I'll go look, too - but so far, we haven't seen ANY PROOF, from anyone else around here....yet :!: