new nfl rules

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://nfl.si.com/2013/08/06/nfl-cracking-down-taunting-off-the-snap/

The NFL is tired of players celebrating inappropriately after successful plays and scoring plays, and its officials have evidently been charged with controlling this increasing “menace.” Section 3 of the league’s rule book outlines the behavior that will be penalized, under the banner of Unsportsmanlike Conduct:

“Sack dances
home run swing *this is the rb from the Redskins*?
incredible hulk
spiking the ball
spinning the ball
throwing or shoving the ball
pointing
pointing the ball
verbal taunting
military salute * no mile high salute*?
standing over an opponent [prolonged and with provocation]; or dancing.”

These moves are also verboten:
“Throat slash
machine-gun salute
sexually suggestive gestures
prolonged gyrations
or stomping on a team logo.”

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, this can't be.... this reads like an EU regulation.....was that thing posted on April, 1st?
.....no, I says August, 6th......spiking the ball has been a tradition for ages
Military salute aka "unsportsmanlike conduct". Who's been writing this rule? A Taliban?

Here's a suggestion: Salute after every TD and paint the 15 yards between
the usual kickoff-spot and the kickoff-spot after the penalty in camouflage
and inscribe in big letters "Support Our Troops".

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how about put an end to that redneck rodeo jarred allen? not the move he does, just him :p

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m old and “old school” so, for example, I greatly appreciated Barry Sanders’ TD “celebration”; he simply handed the ball to the ref. Act like you’ve been there before. But it’s called old school for a reason and I think the NFL is making a mistake by continuing to take what many – particularly younger fans – view as the fun out of football. "Celebrities" advance the popularity of the game and add to the bottom line. So while I would rather see Clay high-five teammates after a big sack, the hulk move adds to his notoriety and popularity among fans league-wide. It’s going to remain a team game no matter what – I just don’t think they need to go any farther in prohibiting celebrations.

Beyond that, more 15 yard penalties after TD celebrations will lead to more KORs which the league believes leads to more injuries so for the sake of safety...

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So while I would rather see Clay high-five teammates after a big sack, the hulk move adds to his notoriety and popularity among fans league-wide
I agree with your entire post except for this. Clay is imitating the Predator.

Although it brings to mind a legitimate question, who would have won a cage match: The Hulk or the Predator?

As a side note: Lou Ferrigno couldn't beat Arnold Schwarzenegger for Mr. Olympia, but Arnold killed the Predator. It's a fair notion to desire a second-place bout. :D

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I need to find where I read that the Lambeau Leap is grandfathered in for the Packers, but not for other teams, is that right?
I've read where #85 was saying that the Leap has its hazzards...but I'm pretty sure that sucker is here to stay! :barefoot:
I guess the Leap would be under just TD celebrations and not under taunting...although when other teams do it, THEN its taunting!

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe these are only illegal when done in the vicinity of a player from the other team. In other words, no taunting with your celebrations.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Com'on. Arnold as a elite special forces hero. A creature from outerspace. Both in the same jungle. Only one will come out alive. CLASSIC!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
the NO FUN LEAGUE strikes again. What's next, fist pumps? High fives? The league realizes people watch for entertainment right?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People need to read the rules. The flags are going to be thrown if the celebrations are directed at opposing players; i.e., taunting. Spinning the ball is fine, so long as it's not in an opponents' face.

Members online

Latest posts