1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

New NFL Commissioner ? New S. MOD ?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by I_am_smoked_cheddar, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Recently the NFL Commissioner has heard cries for him to resign. The voices of those speaking out are clearly heard as we don't silence anyones voices in America. Yet here in this Forum, if one protests against the standing authority, their voice is banned from the chat/shout area (as mine was) or totally banned(like Frank Rizzo). Secret meetings are held and actions are taken without explanation.
    Disagree with the wrong person and you're threatened ,bullied, silenced.

I call for Longtimefan to be removed as TOP MOD. We live in America, not Russia or China. Speaking out against authority is what makes America great, fighting against tyranny is our duty.

Posting is not necessary if you agree, just click that you agree on the agree icon .
    Posting X's and OLD's are also welcome, they just
    advertise your loyalties.

................................................. ggtdckljg765.jpg .........................................

If I get banned for this post , then I say farewell to my friends and say I fought the good , CLEAN fight.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Yes we live in America and we have First Amendment rights, but those rights don’t extend to this board. You don’t even have the right to post on this board. It is a privilege extended by robdog. That privilege may be revoked for any reason or no reason. But here’s the great thing about the United States of America: You are free to start your own internet board and invite (and disinvite) anyone you’d like; you can moderate your board anyway you want, or don’t moderate it at all.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    I know people see me as a certain way and that is fine. There seems to be a wrong impression about me, or how things are done here..I normally do not do this, but I do have speak up.

There are no "Secret" meetings..The mods as a team talk about issues going on..Unless there is an obvious troll, or blatant rule violations, or if there is a history/pattern---banning is not done an a whim..

Anytime there is an issue, 99%.99999 of the time----the offending poster gets a pm from a mod that is CC's with all the mods (and a lot of the times Rob is included the convo)--again not secret meetings...So the poster knows something is wrong..This is the time when the poster can state their side..There have been times where when the poster explains what they were doing, seeing their side, we will not issue a warning, or remove the warning..

I just did that with HardRigthEdge, he explained his side and I took away the warning...So it isn't like I stomp my foot and say---- to bad, I am right and you are wrong.

All mods have to be in agreement to ban someone from the board..Banning from shout is normally not done, but if we have "secret" meetings on a posters, we have a general feeling on how the other mods feel..We may already have had discussions on issues popping up and how to handle them.. So if we ban what may seem real fast, chances are it was discussed and that is what we decided to do..

With that said

While we tell posters to take it to PM's, it still doesnt allow you to say what ever you want.

Back in July of last year, Poster A was here less then a month...

Poster A sent Poster X this message

He got a warning from me, he got the generic forum warning..Nothing added to it, just the warning that is generated when we hit warning.

I got this in return..

I honestly can't recall if I suggested him to be banned, or if another mod initiated the banning talk..but I was fine with him being banned.

Then almost a year later I was asked if we could lift the ban on that poster..The other mods we fine with him returning, so then I was perfectly okay with him coming back..Even if I would have said no, his ban would have been lifted..

That poster was smokey

He was approached in the last week about his recent postings...So he knew we have noticed his posts..

Over the weekend?? he was posting in shout about how things are handled here..

I didnt want new posters and potential new users see a post from a 2 year member and take their word for our rules.

I was deleting smokeys interpretations and he kept posting them in shout, so that is one of these times where I banned real fast.. This was discussed with the mods on Aug 30th that a shout ban could happen.

He got a pm on why he was banned from shout, Kitten, Poppa and Bill were all included in that convo.

As I said, most of the posters here know we dont post what our "secret" meetings are like, but I think something needed to be said---- so Smokey can't just say what he wants and have people believe his interpretations

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Frank was informed many many times in the past year of issues that could be led to a ban. He was suspended not to long ago for an issue that he was doing in convos with us mods..

He was informed at the start of Aug for same issue that he was suspended for...Then 2 weeks later again told to be careful. Then the last week of Aug is when was the final "nail"

So while one may think he was banned for agreeing with HRE on my actions towards HRE, it was no where near the reason he was finally suspended/banned

Another mis information that is floating around about me or the mods.

5. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Robdog will be investigating EVERYTHING, not just the conviently sanitised version that only supports one view.
    He may have his own independent opinion. I may believe that another member's post is incorrect, but I would never call that member a liar, even if he was one. Many unspoken voices in this forum want new leadership, it is my honor to speak on their behalf. Replace Longtimefan !

Also dredging up something from 2 years ago is a poor argument today .

6. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,483
    You decided to air this out, so I want to make sure your "mis informations" are explained from my side.

You said I offer no explanations, so I posted things here for all to see, so nothing is "secret" .

People do get explanations when they do something wrong. We just dont tell everyone what or why we did.

I am sorry that you don't know the reason why frank was banned..but he was told why and that is all that matters

You did get a pm on why you were banned in shout.. Yet you say no explanations are given.

I can add anyone to that convo so you may see what was told to smokey and see how no edits were done on it.

But here it is

The 2 year old post was to show you have a grudge towards me after only 2 weeks of you joining

It shows that even tho you were pretty disrespectful, I can forget things, and not out to silence you. If that were true, you would have been banned for making this theead and the thread deleted.

poppa and kitten talk to you and not I, so you can't claim I am bullying you..

I may not be perfect in how I handle things, after all I am human. Not everyone will agree with each other..people will butt heads.

But when mis informations are being told about things, I can't just sit back and allow it to happen.

Attached Files:

7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    Frankly, I don't care. I really don't.
    I'm just here to post and don't care to get wrapped up in this drama.
    As long as I don't get warnings or bans, I'm fine with it all.
    And even if I did get a warning or ban, it would probably be from something I did which would be my responsibility.

8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    Frankly, I don't care. I really don't.
    I'm just here to post and don't care to get wrapped up in this drama.
    As long as I don't get warnings or bans, I'm fine with it all.
    And even if I did get a warning or ban, it would probably be from something I did which would be my responsibility.

And besides, LTF gave me two likes in one week? How can I be mad at him since he did something he rarely does that made me feel honored and, well, happy.
    Positive energy.
    We could always use a bit more of that around here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,042
    How about that then ?

10. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    On the OP smokey wrote, “Posting is not necessary if you agree, just click that you agree on the agree icon.” As I type this there are only two “disagrees” (one of which is mine). I don’t believe anyone would receive even a warning for clicking “agree” on a post so if smokey wants to be honest with himself, he should ask why is it no one has agreed. Instead of posting, “something from 2 years ago is a poor argument for today”, how about an apology for what he wrote two years ago? How about a correction for posting, “I fought the good , CLEAN fight” in light of what he wrote?

And perhaps smokey could explain if LTF is such an autocratic tyrant, why do two posts of his still appear in which he calls for LTF’s replacement? Wouldn't a tyrant remove those immediately?

On the OP smokey wrote, "Posting X's and OLD's are also welcome, they just advertise your loyalties". I am loyal to this board and I support LTF and the other moderators on this board, even when I am the one receiving a warning. If I didn’t I would stop posting here and seek out another board. Why not do that, smokey? You couldn't have been banned from all of them, right? If so, why not start your own board? Then you would be the authority.

11. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    Not sure why you are making ANOTHER public post about this @Smokeychedder. This type of stuff doesn't help...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Myndflyte

Myndflyte Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    Hate to break it to you smokey but the internet is not a democratic place. You are at the mercy of the owner of the website. They can ban whoever they want, delete messages, make anyone a mod, or shut the site down completely whenever they want. And the only thing you can do about it is find a different website.

I've only been here for a few weeks but it seems like things are pretty laid back as long as you are a reasonable person. And it seems like the mods will contact you if anything comes up. So if you hate one of the mods so much, you're either going to have to suck it up and follow the rules, or just leave. Start your own website, then you can run it however you want.

So as much as I hate responding to threads like this, I don't agree with you and have never had issues with anyone on this site.

13. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    We all have to pick our battles and this isn't one of mine.

14. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    ughh flashbacks of High School and another particular board that shall not be mentioned....
    Can we add a poll that this thread be deleted and all start off fresh like the best fans of football should behave!??!

We are Green Bay Packer fans, and want to talk Packers! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    This was my original thought also. I always wonder why some posters on whatever board just hang around to complain.
    I'd like to follow FF's advice but I can't always.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.