New member here

Reaction score
Greetings Packer Backers!

This my first post {introductory} as a proud Packer fan. I'm Don, from Terre Haute, Indiana. Giving away my age, here, but this old geezer has been a long time GB fan since the sixth grade {1960]. Clay Matthews is my favorite player. I've been surrounded by Bears fans down here for most of my life and to make matters worse, since the Colts have used Terre Haute as their training camp {until this year} for many seasons, the adoption of the Colts has taken over our city and surrounding areas. Most of these people never knew there was any shape of ball other than that of a basketball around here until the Colts appeared on the scene. I'm finding there are more Packer fans around here, though, than I first thought. And of course, we are now seeing the emergence of the many Bear fans sporting their "mothball" smelling gear. But if we had the cupcake schedule they played on the road and had the luxury of playing all the tough teams at home {NE takes exception....LOL}, been injury free as they have, plus, all their luck to go with it, it's no wonder their record is what it is right now. I despise the Bears! We flat out gave the game to them, well, just as we have given away the other four losses thus far this year. NO BODY has beat us, yet! We have beaten ourselves! Detroit was ugly! Just have to move on from it and give it our best shot at NE. Too bad we can't just use the Wisconsin Badger OL for the rest of the year. U of W only beat my lowly IU Hoosiers by 63. LOL!

Sorry for the novel! Glad to be on this forum! Best wishes to all for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year {with hopes of our Packers in the SB}:happy0005:

OP
OP
Terre Haute Cheesehead
Reaction score
welcome!

Good story!
Indiana football fan? Ouch :)

I'm a CUBS fan, too! Masochistic trend going on with those two, but it's hard for me to "jinx" my Pack! Only one SB loss and that was a "fluke." Yeah, I usually hibernate during the Hoosiers football season if at all possible, but I've always been a huge IU basketball fan forever {not much to brag about there, either, after the General's firing}, so I feel obligated to cheer on the Loosiers in football. Getting a new coach over there, but you still have to get some blue chippers in who can actually TACKLE someone to have even the slimmest chance of competing with the big dogs in the Big "12".....What's the status on Rodgers for the NE game? Been away from ESPN most of the day. See the Bears got yet another huge break with not having to play in the Metrodome {whether or not that even matters playing the Vikings this year}. We definitely need the Vikings to win that game. A Viking win vs the Bears and a GB win out would make my Christmas wish come true.:biggrin:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a CUBS fan, too! Masochistic trend going on with those two, but it's hard for me to "jinx" my Pack! Only one SB loss and that was a "fluke." Yeah, I usually hibernate during the Hoosiers football season if at all possible, but I've always been a huge IU basketball fan forever {not much to brag about there, either, after the General's firing}, so I feel obligated to cheer on the Loosiers in football. Getting a new coach over there, but you still have to get some blue chippers in who can actually TACKLE someone to have even the slimmest chance of competing with the big dogs in the Big "12".....What's the status on Rodgers for the NE game? Been away from ESPN most of the day. See the Bears got yet another huge break with not having to play in the Metrodome {whether or not that even matters playing the Vikings this year}. We definitely need the Vikings to win that game. A Viking win vs the Bears and a GB win out would make my Christmas wish come true.:biggrin:

Im a Cubs fan as well. Living in Wi its not too bad since the Brewers are much worse off. At least the cubs can afford to keep their stars. :)

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Greetings Packer Backers!

This my first post {introductory} as a proud Packer fan. I'm Don, from Terre Haute, Indiana. Giving away my age, here, but this old geezer has been a long time GB fan since the sixth grade {1960]. Clay Matthews is my favorite player. I've been surrounded by Bears fans down here for most of my life and to make matters worse, since the Colts have used Terre Haute as their training camp {until this year} for many seasons, the adoption of the Colts has taken over our city and surrounding areas. Most of these people never knew there was any shape of ball other than that of a basketball around here until the Colts appeared on the scene. I'm finding there are more Packer fans around here, though, than I first thought. And of course, we are now seeing the emergence of the many Bear fans sporting their "mothball" smelling gear. But if we had the cupcake schedule they played on the road and had the luxury of playing all the tough teams at home {NE takes exception....LOL}, been injury free as they have, plus, all their luck to go with it, it's no wonder their record is what it is right now. I despise the Bears! We flat out gave the game to them, well, just as we have given away the other four losses thus far this year. NO BODY has beat us, yet! We have beaten ourselves! Detroit was ugly! Just have to move on from it and give it our best shot at NE. Too bad we can't just use the Wisconsin Badger OL for the rest of the year. U of W only beat my lowly IU Hoosiers by 63. LOL!

Sorry for the novel! Glad to be on this forum! Best wishes to all for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year {with hopes of our Packers in the SB}:happy0005:

Happy you are here, but just seeing the words Terre Haute gives me nightmares. I went on a trip from Phoenix to Buffalo as a second honeymoon. On the way home we spent the night in Terre Haute. Woke up in the mourning, my van was gone, my wife was gone, my kids were gone, my wallet was gone, my shoes were gone. Other than that I love your city!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Hey THC.. (hehee) I posted a welcome and somehow it didn't stick!

So Welcome again!

OP
OP
Terre Haute Cheesehead
Reaction score
Happy you are here, but just seeing the words Terre Haute gives me nightmares. I went on a trip from Phoenix to Buffalo as a second honeymoon. On the way home we spent the night in Terre Haute. Woke up in the mourning, my van was gone, my wife was gone, my kids were gone, my wallet was gone, my shoes were gone. Other than that I love your city!

The entire city is a never ending nightmare, but it's why we call it "Terrible Hole!" Sounds like the same thing that happened to me a while back, only it was in West Lafayette, Indiana, after my IU HOOSIERS played Purdue in basketball. vbg.

Members online

Latest posts