New league

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody planning on running a league here? I don't have time to run one but I can squeeze a few seconds a week to have a team. Either dynasty or redraft or both would be fine.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody planning on running a league here? I don't have time to run one but I can squeeze a few seconds a week to have a team. Either dynasty or redraft or both would be fine.
I'd be interested in joining a league.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yahoo makes it simple to start/run... I'd be willing to fire-up a 10 or 12 person, free entry, league for fun. Unlimited transactions allowed, Wed. AM waiver transactions each week, standard default Yahoo scoring? Would there be enough interest in NON-hardcore fantasy competition?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yahoo makes it simple to start/run... I'd be willing to fire-up a 10 or 12 person, free entry, league for fun. Unlimited transactions allowed, Wed. AM waiver transactions each week, standard default Yahoo scoring? Would there be enough interest in NON-hardcore fantasy competition?
Sounds great to me. Even 8 can be a good league. Let it be auto draft?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll start a 12 team Yahoo league as soon as I have a GREAT name. Message me if you have a winner, I tried the online name generators & didn't like any suggestions.

Any more than 12 teams and I've found the waiver system picked-over & functionally useless.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I created a 12 team Yahoo league with standard settings (except I made passing YD's worth 6 instead of their default 4). Draft will be Auto-draft (unless majority want live draft with absentees on auto draft). Link is below, please feel free to share it with other forum members or threads.

Join the Packer Forum Fantasy League. https://football.fantasysports.yaho...y=734fb480fdfbe5ad&soc_src=app-sh&soc_trk=lnk

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I created a 12 team Yahoo league with standard settings (except I made passing YD's worth 6 instead of their default 4). Draft will be Auto-draft (unless majority want live draft with absentees on auto draft). Link is below, please feel free to share it with other forum members or threads.

Join the Packer Forum Fantasy League. https://football.fantasysports.yaho...y=734fb480fdfbe5ad&soc_src=app-sh&soc_trk=lnk
I'm in. I'd prefer auto draft. It's easier for people to get involved.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I need to see if I can limit the positions for the auto draft. One year I needed a sports car and got a Fiero. Close but not quite.
Really one year auto draft gave me 4 QBs and 3 defenses. Fortunately that league was half absentee owners. Rebuilt the team during FA by losing the first few games to get to the top of the order and grabbed everyone undrafted that got hot. Made playoffs and got into the championship.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I need to see if I can limit the positions for the auto draft. One year I needed a sports car and got a Fiero. Close but not quite.
Really one year auto draft gave me 4 QBs and 3 defenses. Fortunately that league was half absentee owners. Rebuilt the team during FA by losing the first few games to get to the top of the order and grabbed everyone undrafted that got hot. Made playoffs and got into the championship.
Yahoo is fairly good about not loading up QB, you'll get 2. It will possibly give you 2 kickers & Defenses and 2 random defensive guys, but primarily WR's & RB's.
You can customize their rankings by moving favorites a bit higher & sliding non-favorites or slugs lower so that hopefully you don't get them. Can also slide up 8 or 10 defensive guys otherwise can just trade the random D guys on the waiver.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
May I suggest we have the draft held three days, or four days, before the start of the season to insure they have adjusted the IR people to the best they can before we draft?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got roped into something I had to do at the last minute, and ended up having to leave my #11 draft go totally auto. I ended up getting a "C" rating, and they said I'd end up in 11th place. That sounds about right.

Anything above that will be a victory for me! The challenge begins!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got roped into something I had to do at the last minute, and ended up having to leave my #11 draft go totally auto. I ended up getting a "C" rating, and they said I'd end up in 11th place. That sounds about right.

Anything above that will be a victory for me! The challenge begins!
Fret not, young man (I'm assuming a lot! ;) )... their grades generally don't mean much. Hit the waiver & shore up some weak spots & you'll be fine. An injury or 2 and great teams are brought down to reality and a rookie lighting it up can elevate a weak(er) team.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Fret not, young man (I'm assuming a lot! ;) )... their grades generally don't mean much. Hit the waiver & shore up some weak spots & you'll be fine. An injury or 2 and great teams are brought down to reality and a rookie lighting it up can elevate a weak(er) team.
Reminds me of the first season I played when I helped my then 9yo out in his league. Convinced him to grab Mike Vick the year Foles went down week one. Rode his legs to the title.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I did some "adjustments" on my auto-draft. Had to change nearly half of my players. I might have a chance of being competitive in about half the games. I'll call it a great season if I win over half my games. Make the playoffs? I'll throw a ticker-tape parade for my players! :)

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats Jj'smagic & Voyageur for making the Championship game!! Looks very evenly matched, will be fun to watch. :)

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've renewed the Packer Forum Fantasy League for 2023. If you don't wish to play please message me and I'll delete your team and make the spot available to a newcomer. It's a 12 team league set to Autopick all teams the weekend of Labor Day.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've renewed the Packer Forum Fantasy League for 2023. If you don't wish to play please message me and I'll delete your team and make the spot available to a newcomer. It's a 12 team league set to Autopick all teams the weekend of Labor Day.
It’s auto pick only?

Members online

Latest posts