new head coach # 2

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry I wanted to break the news. I'm gonna guess that TT thinks this guy will come in and be the next Holmgren. Brett for one more year and then the young Rogers takes over. Just like when Holmgren came to GB. Both from San Fran. as OF .. Just a guess on my part, maybe we'll get lucky and have another Holmgren like run trying to strike gold from the same place twice?

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is what is currently out there. The folks misread the tea leaves when future interviews were cancelled after Bates' interview. Wow!

It seems as if Bates was simply afforded a token interview -- that is pretty insulting. I wonder if that was for the fans benefit or his. I am glad that they are not going to leave him hanging and have told him he is not the man.

McCarthy did spend a season as Brett Favre's QB coach -- so if he is the man that too bodes well for a #4 return.

I am not believing anything until I get a direct confirmation in this zoo process.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesyscot said:
Sorry I wanted to break the news. I'm gonna guess that TT thinks this guy will come in and be the next Holmgren. Brett for one more year and then the young Rogers takes over. Just like when Holmgren came to GB. Both from San Fran. as OF .. Just a guess on my part, maybe we'll get lucky and have another Holmgren like run trying to strike gold from the same place twice?

DePack said:
When Holmy came over San Fran was on top of the NFL. Hardly the case now......but I like your way of thinking.

Bruce said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is what is currently out there. The folks misread the tea leaves when future interviews were cancelled after Bates' interview. Wow!

It seems as if Bates was simply afforded a token interview -- that is pretty insulting. I wonder if that was for the fans benefit or his. I am glad that they are not going to leave him hanging and have told him he is not the man.

McCarthy did spend a season as Brett Favre's QB coach -- so if he is the man that too bodes well for a #4 return.

I am not believing anything until I get a direct confirmation in this zoo process.

so whats the news? Bates out of the running? Very bad. What was so promising goes downhill from this moment on.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:

I said the same thing in another thread Bruce, that is being rude to Bates and he gaves us a very good year coaching our D, working with what he got and not looking for excuses, so I trully believe he deserved a much better treatment, and I dont mean by this he deserved the HC job, just that he deserved a more polite treatment..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts