1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

New Guns N' Roses

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by tromadz, Feb 21, 2007.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Anyone else hear the new stuff yet? It's a pretty popular move to go with the "it sucks" route because it's not classic GNR, but it's not tooooo bad. A little different, it could be better. It seems overproduced but not 'kill myself' bad.

2. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In related news, David Lee Roth is touring with Van Halen again.

3. smlutz

smlutz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Guns N Roses, past and present is pure garbage. Axel Rose sounds terrible. I never could stand them.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    tell us how you really feel, smlutz

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    This is a TRUE STORY!
    Back in the 1980's, my wife was the manager of the restaurant in the Marc Plaza hotel in downtown Milwaukee. The restaurant closed at 11pm, and i was sitting at a booth waiting to drive her home. At 10:45pm, Axel Rose and the group got off their tour bus, and came into the restaurant. There was no one there but them and me. My wife told them "We are closing in 15 minutes, so if you want anything you have to order now. The chef is a union employee, and won't cook anything after 11pm". The whole band sat down, except for Rose, who had some "lady" on his arm. He said "Well, i'm going upstairs for a few minutes, and will be right back." The rest of the band ordered, while Rose went up to....uh......you know.
    He came back down at 11:15pm, and sat down. He yelled at my wife "Hey! I want to order NOW!!!" She told him "I TOLD you to order when you GOT here, that we were closing!" He stood up and shouted "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM????" She said "I don't give a damn WHO you are! And if you don't sit down and shut up you won't even get a cold sandwich!!!"
    With that, HE SAT DOWN!!!
    His whole band stood up and started clapping!!!
    I just sat there, amazed, thinking MY WIFE JUST TOLD OFF AXEL ROSE!!! :thumbsup:

6. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually caught the GnR tour back in December trom and no matter what anyone tells you, the man can still put on a decent show (exception being his vocals are not what they used to be).

With the above being said, I was not too impressed with the new CD ( I guess I was looking for a little more considering the long wait and my expectations were a little higher than they should have been) I really liked the song "Madagascar" that was put out before this album as I heard hints of the old GnR in it.

Not Classic GnR but not terrible either and worth a listen trom ( just my opinion ) !!!

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The band I used to roadie for met GnR on a few occasions. Funny, from the stories I heard, I completely believe you. Slash, Steven, and Duff are supposebly extremely cool. Izzy's a loner. And Axl's a huge prick.

Musically, I don't care what anyone says, Appetite for Destruction was hands down one of the best albums of the 80s. I could care less to see this new GnR because it's missing the heart of the band. I'm actually more bummed Izzy didn't join Velvet Revolver, because that would have been one hell of a band had he joined.

EDIT: spelling errors.

8. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Izzy was the heart and soul of that band....his rhythm playing made the wheels go round and round!

Wanted to hate Appetite when it came out because I have a visceral gag reflex toward anything that gets too big too fast....assuming it is more marketing than substance. But that album came out at just the right time and cleansed the R&R landscape of all thos godforsaken skinny tie synth bands.

Used to hate Van Halen because they initially made their bacon off the back of one of the most undrrrated and undervalued bands in all R&R history in the Kinks, and with You Really Got Me.

9. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

Guns N' Roses is good just like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, The Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd and others.

10. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    A question?

How many have you have heard "The Tragically Hip?"

And if you have what do you think of their stuff?

Raider Pride.

11. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A vastly overlooked band from Canada. Good stuff, and coming to the Twin Shitties in the coming weeks.

12. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    So it was a late evening in the Phoenix airport. I think it was a Thursday night, around 10 pm. I was flying back home on a business trip. I think it was 1998.

I was off the plane walking the long halls headed to find my luggage. I passed the terminal security checkpoint and there's some guy there, alone (it was late) arguing with the airport security people. I don't know what the argument was about, but I thought to myself, "What kind of jackass is dumb enough to argue with Airport Security? Even if you're right, you lose. Stupid #%^er."

Beyond that, I thought nothing of it, until I heard in the news the next morning that Axel Rose got detained by airport security at Phoenix Sky Harbor. HA!! I laughed. That 'dumb $%&^er was Axel Rose and I witnessed it. Proof again, that I'm glad I'm me. :)

I haven't heard their new stuff, but I do like the old stuff. there's not talent to them really, but they make good music. I'm a classic rock guy.

13. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I won't trash them cause of the members not named Axle but to put them in a post with AC/DC I see as a shame. Even though Rock is about rebellion and no rules I still can't follow a group who has no use for their fans and there's many instances to prove that!

14. Beerleader

Beerleader Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    because of GnR paradise city, anthrax "antisocial" and the whole $5.98 EP by metallica i started hearing metal..so GnR means a lot for me. the "apetite" album still is one of my favourit albums, and i still getting wild when i hear things like "paradise city" oder mr.brownstone...
    but the albums produceed after "apetite" werent as good as i hoped. the lies albums was acceptable, but on the illusions double album i only liked a few tracks. the spaghetti incident wasnt my taste of music ... just like the new stuff...its not bad, but i , for myself, compare every new track with the old stuff they had. so i'm really sad that axl made a comeback as GnR.

15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's because Izzy was on his way out. Izzy was the primary songwriter on Appetite. By the time Use Your Illusions came out, Izzy already was leaving. On that double album, there were only about 3 or 4 good songs.

The Spaghetti Incident was a bunch of punk covers. Horrible album. I'm sorry, but I'm just not looking forward to hearing the new GnR.

16. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think if the album was called "The Axl Rose Band", people wouldn't make such a big deal about it. I've heard some of the stuff, and I'd probably give it more consideration if it wasn't called Guns N' Roses. I love old GNR, though.