New Fans from London, England!

Jimbo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys!

My Bro-in-Law & I wanted to follow an NFL team & we have decided on the Packers!

So what can we expect for the upcoming season?

Am looking forward to learning more about the team, history, players etc....!

GO PACKERS! :tup:

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Jimbo. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here and you can learn about as much as you would like about American football in general and about the Packers specifically.

Reaction score
Welcome to the family, Jimbo! What kind of knowledge of American football do you have? Have you seen any games before or is everything brand new to you? If you know absolutely nothing about football, here's a flow chart to help you grasp some of the basics of the game. Feel free to ask any questions; I'll be happy to answer to the best of my ability.
That flow chart is so nice... But if I was trying to learn the sport for the first time, I would make it even simpler :)

and glad to here that theres 2 new people in the Packer family!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Jimbo, the Packers are unique in that they play in the smallest market in professional sports in the US. They are owned by stockholders and not a single millionaire. They will once in awhile offer stock in the team. It doesn't pay any dividends except pride in being an owner of the Packers.
They have more championships than any other NFL team at 13. They are the 3rd oldest team in the NFL and the only one of the first 13 years of the NFL to not have been renamed or moved to another city.
The Packers from 1934 played some games in Milwaukee, Wisconsin as a home game but the last game was played in 1994. The Packers are likely the most popular internationally because of these unique traits.
Welcome to the fan base.... it's a great tradition and a great team, you've chosen wisely.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys!

My Bro-in-Law & I wanted to follow an NFL team & we have decided on the Packers!

Welcome to our forum.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jimbo, the Packers are unique in that they play in the smallest market in professional sports in the US. They are owned by stockholders and not a single millionaire.

I know what you mean, but that makes it sound like none of the stockholders are millionaires...lol

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Welcome!!!

Quick question: out of all the NFL teams, why did you pick to root for the Packers?

Deke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Jimbo, and brother-in-law, and welcome to both.

Always good to see new fans from this side of the pond! And a great choice of team to support.

Enjoy the game tonight - fortunately I don't have to be up early tomorrow so will be catching the whole game live. I have a good feeling about this game, don't know why, just do.

MLB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys!

A big "WELCOME" to our allies across The Pond!

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Hey guys!

First the best choice is a big slice of cheese, my wife is from England, and her favorite colors were green and gold:tup:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Welcome Jimbo !!! glad to see you chose to root for the real Americas team and now that football has become recognized more by our brothers across the big pond, maybe the packers can be UK's team as well. Spread the word about the best team !!!!

M&MCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimbo, I have a brother in law that lives in Enfield and I played baseball for the Enfield Spartans when I lived there. My wife is from Watford and my mother's family lives in Whitney, near Oxford.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts