1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

New and improved Official Greg Jennings thread

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by wizard 87, Oct 15, 2008.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Donald on Mike & Mike this morning.

Said Driver: “We’ve always said that the quarterback is the one that needs to take the pressure off everyone else. If a guy runs the wrong route, it’s easy for the quarterback to say, ‘Hey, I told him to run that route’ than for the guy to be like, ‘Well, I ran the wrong route.’ Sometimes you ask Aaron to take the pressure off the guys so we won’t look bad, but he didn’t want to do that. He felt like if you did something bad, you do it. But I think that’s the difference. You want that leadership, and I think sometimes you may not feel like you got it. You have to earn that respect at the end of the day, and I think that’s what Greg was probably referring to.”

However, Driver added that “no one knows exactly what happened between those two. I didn’t see anything during the season; I didn’t see anything after the season. But you just never know, you never know what types of things happen between them.”

When asked if Rodgers is a nice guy, Driver said: “He’s a nice guy. I think that’s what you have to respect. I played with him five years so I was able to experience everything he went through. I saw when he first got drafted, he came in with a chip on his shoulder in that draft, and it shouldn’t have been Alex Smith [taken No. 1 overall]. That’s the way the guy is. I’ve always told Aaron, ‘Don’t forget where you come from because the people are the ones who put you on that pedestal. You didn’t put yourself there.’ I think that’s what we learning now. I’m not saying he’s a bad guy, I think he’s a great guy. I’m friends with Aaron.”

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    So you screw up, you want someone else to take the blame..

I will do that at work the next time I do a screw up

3. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Is it basically the same if I blame my dog for farts I do ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,548
    Donald needs a reality check. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady...those guys call guys out on the field all the time. Or is it that starting in 2010, Rodgers saw him as low on the option totem pole and did not go out of his way to boost him up in the press?

Finley made a similar complaint, saying snidely, "The quarterback is always right", perhaps not actually recognizing that he probably is.

These guys (Jennings, Driver) leave, then they embarrass themselves. I can just imagine what Finley will say if he's not re-upped next year...I'd expect a torrent of sh*t.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  5. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,470
    Okay, I'll be the guy.

I've never met any of these guys and more importantly, I've never hung out with any of them to truly know who is a nice guy or not. While I agree with most of the comments above, it's worth noting that we now have Jennings, Driver, and Finley all critical of Rodgers leadership at one point or another. Two of these guys (it should be obvious which two) were always thought of as nice guys themselves. The other has zipped it because he's still on the team and in a contract year.

So maybe Rodgers does lack some leadership qualities and isn't the nicest guy. So what? You'd like your star quarterback to be perfect but like the rest of us, I'm sure that he's got some personality flaws. Luckily none of our friends get invited onto the radio to talk about our issues. There would be a line out of the door, waiting to talk to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,470
    Let's be honest...Jennings, Driver, and Finley have now all said that Rodgers has leadership issues. They've made these assertions. Two of those guys are no longer with the team and were always thought of as quality guys. The later is still on the team and zipped his mouth because he's in a contract year.

It's fair to say that nobody is perfect. While we all want our QB to be the best at everything, I have no problem with him not being the greatest leader in the world. If all of my friends were dragged onto the radio to talk about my shortcomings, they would never make it to commercial.

So I think we're learning that while being a great QB, Rodgers is a good leader but could be better. No surprise. We all could be better leaders.

7. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    So does leadership have to mean when the Wr is wrong, you take the blame? that is about the only thing I am getting out of this

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,548
    Yeah, that's the literal meaning, and it's BS. The undercurrent is neither Jennings nor Driver liked the way they were treated on the way out, and may have thought Rodgers didn't go to bat for them. Finley wants the ball more.

Rodgers is a private guy and a borderline introvert. Maybe they never felt the personal warmth they should get.

It is my experience that human beings frequently do not give the real reasons for their complaints.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  9. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    I was surprised to hear this from Driver to tell you the truth and I agree with most of you, if you mess up you should be the one taking the blame, maybe if you earn the right to have the quarterback take the blame every once and a while that's ok but again you have to earn it and it cannot be a common thing.

To be honest I always thought that Jennings was a bit of a diva/attention hog. He always seems to love having the camera in his face and to talk while it is in his face. It just never seemed the same playful way Matthews loves having the camera in his face. Jennings was more selfish and listen to me while getting the camera (like last year before the Packers resigned him) where Matthews is just having playful fun while the camera is around. It's ok to talk when a camera is in your face just not as often or in such a negative light like Jennings has the past 2 years. So to me he has been the biggest diva receiver in the league over the past year and I think it is just his true colors finally coming out.

10. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Aj Hawk's comment on facebook

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    These winey cry babies would have never made it in the military, I can bet on that. For the first 2 years I got my A$$ chewed at least 2-3 times per week by my LEADERS. They let YOU know when YOU fu*k up so that YOU will be less prone to doing it again. Arod is the company commander on that field, and if his little troops don't like being told they screwed up, then f*ck'em......not to mention they only want to talk sh!t after they leave? wow, man up guys at least say it to his face.

12. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,164
    Deep breaths ! Deep breaths !.....and relax :p

13. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Thanks Bill, but I just can't stand people not having the guts to man up and admit that they f'ed up and or want someone else to take blame for a mistake. I see that crap all the time.

14. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,164
    I`m only joking mate ;)

15. Royal Pain

Royal Pain Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +116
    I've watched many of Rodger's lockerroom interviews and he has always struck me as one to deflect credit and praise his teammates. He's also never been hesitant to throw himself under the bus when he screws up.

[​IMG]

These comments from Jennings and Driver just don't add up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410

He cannot be happy with Ponder at QB

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    • Funny Funny x 4
  18. Talaren

Talaren Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Too bad he turned down that 11mil year contract last season ^ ^

How's the leadership there Greg?

19. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    He is probably spending more time thinking about what Rodgers said about a mental error (by finley) than he is his own play yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Someone needs to hunt her down and find her if she's back on twitter under a different user name.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Look on the bright side Greg....at least your not brainwashed anymore. LoL I bet your eyes are WIDE OPEN now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,164
    I found this one this morning going through old threads. HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    where's the new old spice commercial now Greg? Oh-yeah, you aint that good with Ponder, no new commercials for ya pal.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    merged the two Greg threads

25. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    You guys are ALL brainwashed. Skol. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1