new 3 round mock draft

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thought i would put a mock together before the combine it helps me pass the time at work. put some trades in here to add a little excitement

1. oak- Jamarcus Russell. Big arm qb just seems like an Al Davis guy. Could also go with Calvin Johnson here depending on what happens with Moss and Porter.

2. det- traded to mia for their 1st, 2nd, 1st in 08, and Marty Booker. miami takes Brady Quinn. It sounds like mia really likes him and i dont know if they can count on Culpepper and Harrington definatley isnt the answer.

3. cle- Adrian Peterson. (pending a coin toss) Ruben Droughns needs to be upgraded. If Quinn or Russell is available they may need to take one of them.

4. tb- Calvin Johnson. (pending a coin toss) To good to pass up plus Galloway cant play forever and Clayton has been a dissappointment. Could take Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams here.

5. az- Joe Thomas. Their o-line sucks and they will probably wont resign Leonard Davis. They have their franchise qb, 2 stud receivers and now they get their franchise tackle.

6. was- Alan Branch. They need a big run plugger could go with one of the defensive ends here.

7. min- Gaines Adams. Some pass rush will help their crappy pass defense. Could also use a receiver or a tight end.

8. hou- Jamaal Anderson. Combining Anderson and Mario Williams should make a nice pair of bookends on the d-line

9. mia traded to det. det takes Levi Brown. This should solidify the o-line and allow them to move Jeff Backus to right tackle.

10. atl- Laron Landry. It seems like they have been looking for a safety for the last couple of years.

11. sf- Adam Carricker. Should be a perfect fit at defensive end in their 3-4 defense.

12. buf- Patrick Willis. London Fletcher probably wont be resigned. Could go with Jarvis Moss or Leon Hall here.

13. stl- Amobi Okoye. The Rams always seem to need help along the defensive line.

14. car- Lawerence Timmons. Their outside linebackers suck and Dan Morgan is always recovering from a concussion so linebacker should be their #1 priority in the off season, maybe willing to part with this pick and next years #1 to sign Lance Briggs just an idea.

15. pit- Leon Hall. This pick is a little hard to predict with their coaching change depending on if they stay in the 3-4 or change to a 4-3 cover 2 scheme.

16. gb- Reggie Nelson. Marquand Manuel was terrible last year and Nick Collins wasnt much of a playmaker until week 17.

17. jax- Jarvis Moss. Their defensive tackle duo might be the best in the league but they dont have much at defensive end.

18. cin- Darrelle Revis. They had the worst pass defense in the league last year. They could use anything on defense.

19. ten- Dwayne Jarrett. Norm Chow didnt get the qb he wanted last year so this year the Titans throw him a bone and get one of his old receivers.

20. nyg- Marshawn Lynch. Tiki Barber is gone and they will need a complement to Brandon Jacobs.

21. den- Aaron Ross. With what happened to Darrent Williams they may need another corner. Could also go with a receiver wtih Rod Smith getting up there in age.

22. dal- Justin Blaylock. Marco Rivera was a dissappointment and Marc Columbo might not be back next year.

23. kc- Ted Ginn. They need some help at receiver Eddie Kennison cant be their #1 receiver forever.

24. ne (from sea)- Paul Posluszny. Their linebackers are old and its starting to show I think Rosie Colvin is the only starter under 40.

25. nyj- Lamar Woodly. Woodly could be the Adalius Thomas of their 3-4 defense. Could go after a corner with this pick.

26. phi- Charles Johnson. They always seem to use their first round picks on the offensive or defensive line. Could go with a linebacker here.

27. no- Chris Houston. Fred Thomas sucks enough said. They could go with a linebacker here.

28. ne- Dwayne Bowe. They need to give Tom Brady some targets other than tight ends to throw the ball to.

29. bal- Arron Sears. They running game wasnt where they needed it to be last year could also use another weapon in the receiving game.

30. sd- Sidney Rice. They could use a reciever to take some of the pressure off of Antonio Gates.

31. chi traded to sf for their 2nd and 3rd- sf takes Quentin Moses. They will move him to outside linebacker and give them an edge pass rusher.

32. ind- Jon Beason. Cato June and Rob Morris are free agents and June might be to expensive to bring back.

round 2

33. oak- Joe Staley

34. det- Anthony Spencer

35. cle- Tim Crowber

36. tb- Drew Stanton

37. az- Ray McDonald

38. nyj- (from was)- Marcus McCauley

39. min- Robert Meachem

40. hou- Ryan Kalil

41. det (from mia)- Daymieon Hughes

42. atl- Micheal Bush

43. chi (from sf)- Greg Olsen

44. buf- Victor Abiamiri

45. stl- Brandon Merriweather

46. car- Zach Miller

47. pit- Brandon Siler

48. gb- Anthony Gonzalez

49. jax- Micheal Griffin

50. cin- Justin Harrell

51. ten- Ikaika Alama-Francis

52. nyg- Tarrell Brown

53. den- Demarcus Tyler

54. dal- Ryan Harris

55. kc- Doug Free

56. sea- Ben Grubbs

57. nyj- Tony Hunt

58. phi- Craig Davis

59. no- Buster Davis

60. ne- Aaron Rouse

61. bal- Johnie Lee Higgins

62. sd- David Harris

63. chi- Tanard Jackson

64. tb (from ind)- Rufus Alexandar

round 3

65. oak- Jay Moore

66. det- H.B. Blades

67. cle- Josh Beekman

68. tb- Marcus Thomas

69. az- Fred Bennett

70. den (from was)- Kenny Irons

71. min- Scott Chandler

72. hou- Brandon Mebane

73. mia- Manuel Ramirez

74. atl- Anthony Ugoh

75. chi (from sf)- Eric Weddle

76. buf- James Marten

77. stl- Aundrae Allison

78. car- Stewart Bradley

79. pit- Leroy Harris

80. gb- Antonio Pittman

81. jax- Jason Hill

82. cin- gone supplemental draft Ahmad Brooks

83. ten- Jonathan Wade

84. nyg- Anthony Waters

85. den- John Wendling

86. dal- Micheal Johnson

87. kc- C.J. Gaddis

88. sea- Zach Bowman

89. nyj- Ben Patrick

90. phi- Josh Gattis

91. no- Martrez Milner

92. ne- Samson Satele

93. bal- Gary Russell

94. sd- Eric Wright

95. chi- Steve Smith

96. ind- Brian Leonard

it will be interesting to see how many of these guys fall right out of the draft after the combine

OP
OP
R

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Nelson is a good value at 16 the pick could very well be Lynch either way they would be getting a good player

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have picks 16, 47, 78, 109, 148, 179, 210 and perhaps another 7th round pick.

Just an observation. I think Lynch would be too good for Tennessee and Cincinnati to pass on. I could see the Giants trading up for him. Ted would do it in a heatbeat because only one WR is off the board(in your mock) at that point. That deal is worth a third round pick to Ted and the Packers.

Ten Ginn- WR and KR that the Packers need becomes the 1st round pick.

OP
OP
R

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think cincinatti and tennessee have much bigger needs than running back
bengals have Rudi Johnson
titans have Travis Henry and drafted LenDale White in the 2nd round last year

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Ted Thompson is about taking the best player available then he'd take Lynch or Ginn in that spot. Both are going to be graded out much higher than Nelson whom could drop into the 20’s in my opinion.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 16th pick is such a hard one to predict, because we have no idea who will be around. Last year all the Dolphins fans exclaimed "Jason Allen?!?!?!?!?!" on draft day, so who knows what we're in for.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
by your draft whos available when the packers pick I would do

1.Marshawn Lynch
2.Micheal Griffin
3. Steve Smith

But then again it all depends on free agency

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Griffin is a hard hitter but poor in coverage. Your looking at a rookie Marquand Manuel pretty much with him. He has the potential to be good but he's not going to come in and solve many problems with our safeties in the passing game.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Using your rankings, or similar rankings. I would draft Lynch with my 1st pick. He has all the tools the Packers need at RB. Then in the 2nd draft Merriwether from Miami. He is a big play safety. Then in the 3rd draft Steve Smith from USC. He has great skills and understands the game. But if we trade the pcik for Moss, then that would be even better

OP
OP
R

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was just looking over this mock and with the combine officially under way one guy going at the end of the third wont get picked there (Gary Russell) he showed maurice clarrett speed in the 40

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was just looking over this mock and with the combine officially under way one guy going at the end of the third wont get picked there (Gary Russell) he showed maurice clarrett speed in the 40
Clarett was better than this guy was yesterday