1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Need some more ideas

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Oshkoshpackfan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I am moving into my brand new house in another week. I finally have a dedicated "fan cave" aka finished room over the garage. It is not the largest fan cave, but it will be all mine. It is 12 x 22 dimensions.

I have the packers paint colors picked out and will be doing that first. I also have maybe a dozen or so pieces of packers gear to go in the room, mainly on the walls. Just want to know if any of you have any more ideas for me? I am only going to go with a 46" flat screen TV, I don't want to overwhelm the room with a 55+. Keep in mind I don't really have enough room for a pool table. Thanks, any input is welcome.

2. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,087
    models of former packer/vikings player heads like hunting trophies on the wall ?

3. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    LOL...WTF Bill.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,038
    Forget the player's heads and just go with models.

Go with a floor you don't mind peanut shells on. Also spilled beverages. Possibly a grilling corner, bar, fridge, poker table, one wheelchair whether you need it or not. Network access w/ wireless keyboard and large monitor or projector to blog and watch.

5. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,087
    ooops !! my bad again.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  6. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Just an update: Moved into the brand new house and ordered about 9 packer items from walmart.com for the fan cave . Just for anyone else that wants/needs packers gear......holy crap walmart.com has a mega selection of gear. I went through 50+ pages of packers decor. Just search green bay packers decor on the walmart site and you will see a boat load of stuff.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,087
    put the boot in properly. thank you

8. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    So, how goes the man cave ? How big is the bar ? How big is the TV ? The forum is waiting to hear about your cave. :tup:

9. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    LOL... thanks smokey. It is 99% finished IMO. I am just slowly gathering packers items to display in the room. No bar, only a beer frig, bar would take up to much room. TV is only a 47", didn't want to go toooo big and kill wall space. I have roughly 47 packer related items in the room so far and have painted the lower walls packer green. I also did a field goal post around the double window in yellow. Next I am painting up the ceiling fan blades ...that should look trippy lol. Got man cave signs up as well. I have 2 other packers fans in my new neighborhood (strange for NC,right?) and we have been grilling out on sundays and chillin out in the fan cave for the game. So, it is the envy of my new packers pals to say the least.

• Like Like x 1
  10. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,065
    Just a recommendation ... the Packers Pro-shop has some really nice commercial grade carpeting consisting of the Packers logo ... I priced it out for my family room -- my wife about shat nickles (forcing me to buy a coin roller) and put the ol' kibosh on it....but a smaller area might not cause your wife's eyes to bulge out... too much...

http://www.carpet-wholesale.com/ite...cense_Sports/NFL_License/Greenbay_Packers.php

HJ Martin and Sons used to sell it but I didn't see it on their website.

11. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,087
    Unreasonable wife ??? There`s something you don`t hear of much.....:roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Thanks man, sure would be nice to have that GBP carpet, but in about 6 months time it will have hardwood floors put down.

13. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,065
    One of those quotes directly from the Department of Redundancy Department, eh? ;)

14. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,087
    No, I typed it when she wasn`t around. I think she was out strangling kittens that day.....:D

15. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,065
    Ooo-Ooo-Oooo .... a woman on a mission. :) Where was she a couple of weeks ago when I couldn't get rid of a lost racing pigeon that staked claim to my back yard? Pigeons... kittens ... same thing. All they do is eat and crap ... however, that pigeon was in real danger of ending up browned laying aside a really tangy orange sauce...

16. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,087
    kittens ???? you barbarian...:roflmao:

17. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,065
    When I am really busy at work trying to keep a lot of crazy stuff corralled, I refer to it as "Juggling flaming kittens..." which is a lot more descriptive than just saying: "Yeah, I'm trying to get 25 cats to walk in a parade". Needless to say, there are cat loving women at work who just don't get the comparison. ;) I'm always poking the hornet's nest it seems (I sure hope I didn't upset someone who loves hornets with that last comment. ;) ) Bwahahaha hahahaha... haha... *sigh*

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +364
    Would love to see some pictures sometime!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    I know this is way late & u have it like u want it but how bout a urnal in the bathroom.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I put some up a long time ago in that pic section post
    Edit* In the post your packers pride thread, page # 35, posts number 864 - 867 are mine.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  21. L7Panda

L7Panda Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +23
    I have a Jets lamp that has six heads, 3 green 3 white, I'm sure a Packers one with green and yellow lighting would make the room even more Packer-esq.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +843
    You could have got one from the Metrodump!

23. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    The packers do enough pissing on the vikeQueens, I don't need to lol

24. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    But its sooooo much fun pissing on them

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk