Need some activities and cool people to hang with in Greenbay!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will be attending Green Bay for the first time ever when we host Philly! and we're super excited! we have plans to visit the Packer H.O.F. tour but other then that we're looking for some friendly tailgaters and people to hang with. We are out of towners coming from Texas so we have no ideal what to expect but are excited none the less! anyone have any tips on hangout spots or cool peple to host some 1st time visitors ? any info would be helpful! Hope to meet and see some of you guy's!

Gopackgogal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you happen to be getting there a day or so earlier, I strongly recommend grabbing a bite to eat across from Lambeau field at Kroll's it's kinda included in the Green Bay tradition. My Grandpa used to go with his dad back in the day. Great food, don't expect fancy though but great place. Also get there early on game day to get the full experience, there's nothin' quite like the Packers fans and a tailgate party! I'm going to this game and can't wait....weather seems to be looking good haha but we know how easily that could change. Just in case I'd buy yourself a rain cover or you could always keep the rain off with a cheesehead every packers fan should own at least one LOL. Needless to say you're gonna have a great time! Packers fans hands down some of the best people this world has ever seen......granted I've been a fan since birth so my opinion may be biased haha

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you happen to be getting there a day or so earlier, I strongly recommend grabbing a bite to eat across from Lambeau field at Kroll's it's kinda included in the Green Bay tradition. My Grandpa used to go with his dad back in the day. Great food, don't expect fancy though but great place. Also get there early on game day to get the full experience, there's nothin' quite like the Packers fans and a tailgate party! I'm going to this game and can't wait....weather seems to be looking good haha but we know how easily that could change. Just in case I'd buy yourself a rain cover or you could always keep the rain off with a cheesehead every packers fan should own at least one LOL. Needless to say you're gonna have a great time! Packers fans hands down some of the best people this world has ever seen......granted I've been a fan since birth so my opinion may be biased haha

We've been to Green Bay the past 3 years, but never experienced Krolls. I noticed on their website they deliver to most of the country. has anyone ever ordered from them? wondering if the food makes the transition when frozen. is it still as good?

Gopackgogal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never personally ordered from them but I think for me the biggest intrigue with Kroll's is the atmosphere. Don't get me wrong the food is good but its the environment that makes this place what it is!

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Just wondering if anyone is going to be hitting up the tailgating scene for the Eagles game. If you are we are headed to the game form Texas and we're wondering if anyone would be willing to show us the lay of the land, being first timers and all. Never done the whole tailgating thing before. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! It would even be cool to maybe meet up with someone
from here the morning of the game that may be awesome tailgaters or know the good spots.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey. I was first there this past January and I'm going to the Eagles game. I get there early Friday and will be there till Monday night.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey. I was first there this past January and I'm going to the Eagles game. I get there early Friday and will be there till Monday night.

Nice! We get there Friday night if you'd like to exchange contact info maybe we can meet up at some point?

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be there with my wife. We're staying at the Midway Motor Lodge, so we'll be in the stadium area all weekend. Staying Saturday through Monday. We should plan to meet up at the pregame tailgate at Stadium View bar, if you like.

As for attractions, the Hall of Fame and then a drink at Curly's Pub is fun. Stroll through the Pro Shop - it takes a while. Getting the best butter burger in the midwest at Kroll's is an absolute must. I also get their Cheddar Broccoli Poppers. They're amazing - they put jalapeno poppers to shame. I top that all off with a butterscotch milkshake. I take my precious time in that place. My favorite part about Kroll's ... on the dining room side - the booth upholstery, tables, chairs and all decor, remain untouched (or perhaps re-furbished in some cases) since the 1960's. You walk in there and can just sense that Lombardi just walked out of there. It's a bit eerie, actually. Love that place!

Last edited:

SuperJoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coming all the way from Romania to see the Packers live for the first time - finally! I'll be at the Bears and Eagles games so if any of you guys are willing to include an European in your plans and show him around a bit, it'll be greatly appreciated. Also, just a shot in the dark, but if anybody is coming to this games via Chicago, I'd be willing to split the gas money, since the train-bus trip from Chicago to GB would take forever.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've flown up to Wisconsin for about a dozen games over the years and always make it a point to enjoy the pregame festivities at Krolls. Outdoor beer garden (if you're into that), live band, brats on the grill and plenty of Packer fans having a good time.
One of the coolest things about Lambeau field is that it's in the middle of a neighborhood. You can walk down almost any street and find people partying in their yards. I've had fans from opposing teams tell of Packer fans inviting them to their party and being very hospitable. Some will even allow you to park your car in their driveway. There's a charge of course, but no more than you would pay in the parking lots.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodell and Packer Flatlander.

I would like suggest having a Packer website poster get together (Dinner) at Restaurant near Lambeau Field on Saturday night of the Packer/Eagle game weekend.

I would be happy to organize this dinner at Restaurant near Lambeau Field.

Count me and the wife in. Which restaurant did you want to do this at? I'm open for anything on Oneida St. or within the vicinity of the stadium area. We're getting into town at about 3:00 PM or so.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be there with my wife. We're staying at the Midway Motor Lodge, so we'll be in the stadium area all weekend. Staying Saturday through Monday. We should plan to meet up at the pregame tailgate at Stadium View bar, if you like.

As for attractions, the Hall of Fame and then a drink at Curly's Pub is fun. Stroll through the Pro Shop - it takes a while. Getting the best butter burger in the midwest at Kroll's is an absolute must. I also get their Cheddar Broccoli Poppers. They're amazing - they put jalapeno poppers to shame. I top that all off with a butterscotch milkshake. I take my precious time in that place. My favorite part about Kroll's ... on the dining room side - the booth upholstery, tables, chairs and all decor, remain untouched (or perhaps re-furbished in some cases) since the 1960's. You walk in there and can just sense that Lombardi just walked out of there. It's a bit eerie, actually. Love that place!

Sounds like a plan to me!!! coming all the way from Texas all we are looking to do is have a fun memorable trip. We are arriving Friday evening and leaving Sunday evening. If you want we can exchange contact info via PM so that we can link u at some point. Thanks again!

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodell and Packer Flatlander.

I would like suggest having a Packer website poster get together (Dinner) at Restaurant near Lambeau Field on Saturday night of the Packer/Eagle game weekend.

I would be happy to organize this dinner at Restaurant near Lambeau Field.

I would reserve Tables at this Restaurant . Also if you wish, we could invite other Packer website posters , who are also in Green Bay for Packer/ Eagle game.

I have done this 3 times over packer websites for the last 5 years. I has worked out very well. We have had as high as 15 people attend . Three years ago ,we had 4 Packer fans from Germany and 1 Packer fan from Italy attend the Dinner.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Phil (PWT) l am a Green Bay born and raised Packer fan., I now live in Green Bay's Suburb of De Pere
which is located 5 miles south of Lambeau Field

Sounds like a plan, count us in!!! We can exchange contact info via PM as well...we should arrive Friday night. looking to have a good time!

Last edited:

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
]

Packer Forum posters " get together" Dinner

Date: Saturday night, November 10, 2013 Eagle/Packer Home game weekend

Restaurant: Green Bay Distillery

Address: 833 Potts Ave
Ashwaubeneon (Green Bay)

Potts Ave intersects S. Oneida St, just South east of Don Hutson Center . Turn left onto Potts Av.
Potts Ave runs right a long side of Don Hutson Center. GB Distillery is on right side of street. GB Distillery is right across the street from South end zone of Ray Nitchske Stadium.

Plwase confirm that you are coming , so I can reserve place for you and your wife at our table .

Phil( PWT)

Awesome - I haven't been there yet - good call! Just let me know the time.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
We will be attending Green Bay for the first time ever when we host Philly! and we're super excited! we have plans to visit the Packer H.O.F. tour but other then that we're looking for some friendly tailgaters and people to hang with. We are out of towners coming from Texas so we have no ideal what to expect but are excited none the less! anyone have any tips on hangout spots or cool peple to host some 1st time visitors ? any info would be helpful! Hope to meet and see some of you guy's!

Well, the Atrium is under some serious renovations beginning in November:
http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...November/0cda59e7-6a31-4218-96cc-fe114260770c

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we will be at the philly game too....
kmart parking lot.... cookin, tossin the pigskin, beverages

pm me if ya want.... first timers should get there early and psy yhe extra coin n park at the field... then just wonder around and take it all in!

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coming all the way from Romania to see the Packers live for the first time - finally! I'll be at the Bears and Eagles games so if any of you guys are willing to include an European in your plans and show him around a bit, it'll be greatly appreciated. Also, just a shot in the dark, but if anybody is coming to this games via Chicago, I'd be willing to split the gas money, since the train-bus trip from Chicago to GB would take forever.
When are you traveling from Chicago to Green Bay?

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi azrsx05,.

if you look through this topic you will find that there will be get together (Dinner) for packerforum posters on Saturday night November 09, 2013 at Green Bay Distillery (restaurant) This dinner is being held Saturday night before Eagle/Packer game.

You are invited to come this dinner if you can work it into your schedule on Eagle/Packer game week end in GB.
If you want to attend this dinner just post reply me and I will need the number of Persons that will be coming with you.
All information on this "get together" ( Dinner ) is posted in this topic entitled "'need some activities and cool people to hang out with".

If you need any more information, just post reply the info request to me

Phil (Phil).

Hi Phil. I will meet up with you guys for this. It will be my wife and I. My friend from GB is coming as well. I think he pm'do you

Last edited:

SuperJoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When are you traveling from Chicago to Green Bay?

On November the 3rd I leave Chicago for Green Bay in the afternoon, for the Bears game. On November the 9th I leave Chicago again also in the afternoon, for the Eagles game.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I have to say there are some really nice people on this forum. I`m jealous as hell not to be involved in this meet, but hope some day to meet up with some members on here. I hope you all enjoy the meeting. ;)

SuperJoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Robert (Super Joe)

Is anybody meeting you at Greyhound Bus station in Green Bay , when you arrive Sunday-11/3?

If not, I would be able to meet you in Greyhound bus station in GB and take you to your hotel.

I will need the time the bus arrives at the bus station in GB on Sunday

Hello!

There's nobody meeting me, but unfortunately the bus arrives at 11.55 PM, so I'll probably take a cab. Also, I'm a little worried because I made reservation on the Amtrak site and it says that the bus has no place for checked baggage and you can only take carry-ons with you. Since I come all the way from Europe, you can imagine I have a big bag with me and I have no place to leave it, apparently there are no storage places that can keep your baggage for more than one day. It's getting a little harder than I expected.
Anyways, thanks for the very nice offer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts