1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Need info on living in Green Bay

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by fvre4mvp, Sep 18, 2006.

1. fvre4mvp

fvre4mvp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently received

I recently received $250,000 from a will. My dream is to live in Green Bay and I looked at houses and I found really nice homes in the $200,000 range. I would like to know of nice areas to live in and what the employment situation is up there. I could pay off the house in full and if I could find a decent-good paying job up there I will be there. So info is needed and help is much appreciated. Look in Packerpride link and I think i'm on page 3 or 4 and you will see why I belong in Green Bay!!!

2. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What do you do for a living? That has a lot to do with whether or not you could get a job.

3. fvre4mvp

fvre4mvp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 3-4 years experience in HVAC & Plumbing work.

4. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

You may be setting yourself up for a lot of "toilet" jokes :lol:

Having only left WI a few years ago, I hope that you find the place that you always dreamed of in "God's Country"

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Plumbers are needed EVERYWHERE, so i see it as a positive. I don't think your life will "go down the drain" if you move there. So i would say, take the "plunge!"
    I wish i had a rich relative to leave me a quarter of a million dollars........man, i'd buy a house too. I think i'll go now........I'm feeling a little "flushed".
    8)

6. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Not everywhere -- He IS coming from Illinois. :D

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey.....as full of (you know what) the Bears fans are down there, maybe he wants to move to GB to get a break from all those clogged toilets!!! :lol:

8. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'll buy an apartment in Green Bay, which areas are good?

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    HI GAKK!
    I really don't know that much about GB as far as which areas are good or bad. Most of my time there has been spent around Lambeau Field. (No surprise there, hey?)

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    De Pere, Ashwaubenon and Howard are small villages/cities next to GB that are very nice. West side of Green Bay is the better side. East side is kind of trashy unless you go to the outskirts. Downtown West side is trashy too, but after 3 miles deep you are in a decent area. East side you have to go about 7 miles before you get to a decent area.