Need for a veteran Quarterback?

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that I'm a real big fan of the MNF crew (especially cornhole), but they kept harping on the inexperience of our QB corps tonight.

There's obviously going to be a few bumps along the way, but at this stage is there really any benefit in bringing a mediocre veteran QB to take up a roster spot and critical snaps away from our young guys?

Whose left on the open market even worth signing anyways at this point? Culpepper? (who turned down a contract we offered him back in April)

I guess I'd rather just give our young QBs their developmental lumps and hope Rodgers can stay relatively healthy. It's a gamble, yes, but with the limitations of an 80-man roster this season, I don't see much benefit bringing in an outside guy who is unfamiliar with our system when practice snaps and preseason playing time is probably better served giving our young guys as many snaps as possible.

°Jacob°

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we do need a vet backup, if flynn didnt do well, i didnt see the ending, got really busy. I didnt like brohm at all, the pick, ehh its expectable hes a rookie, but he seemed to throw the ball really slowly. id feel a lot safer with someone else behind rodgers.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't think of a QB that isn't already signed that I would want to be honest. It could be interesting if Tampa cuts Jeff Garcia, or if the Cards would release Kurt Warner whether the Pack would make a move for them. Garcia could happen, but I don't think Warner is going this year, but probably next.

I am also concerned about a lack of a veteran QB. I do think we have a good shot at the playoffs and my big concern would be to make it to the playoffs and have A-Rod come down with an injury.

brnt247

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be nice to have someone capable of handling an NFL offense behind Aaron. He doesn't quite have Favre's durability, and if he ends up getting injured I'm not very sold on our two young backups.

Members online

Latest posts