NC Forum officially shut down.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Philtration said:
Take away Favre and the Packers 3 best defensive players and tell me they go to the playoffs.

thats a pretty lofty argument right there. it would apply to almost every team in the league.

i think the biggest question mark on your team is at the QB spot. it's great that Rex is healthy, but he's still a baby on the field in the grand scheme of things. you have no idea how he'll perform, and thats easily the most important position on the field. however it is great that you put some threats around him.

i hope you guys do great, just not against us.

ok not great, so-so. :wink:
True. Grossman is still pretty much a rookie. He has talent and guts but he may just end up injury prone. If he flops I think the QB they picked up from Purdue (Kyle Orton) was the steal of the draft. I still would take him over Quinn. That was the most pathetic QB performance that I have ever seen. It has to be better than that mess.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So ALL bad feelings aside, how do YOU feel that your Bears will finish?[/quote]
8-8. If the pressure is off the defense this year they may be even better but 8-8 seems to be realistic

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rapidgopher04- The NC refers to the Packer forum operated by the Green Bay News Chronicle newspaper. Green Bay had two newspapers the big one is the Press-Gazette which also has a Packer forum and one locally owned NC. About 6 months a ago Gannett Newspaper Corp. which owns The Press-Gazette bought the NC. The NC proved unprofitable (lost money forever)and Gannett closed down the NC along with the forum. Many NC fans have come over here. Including me but I been here since April 15th. Two newspapers in a city the size of Green Bay is very unusual these days. Gannett wanted the many "shoppers" with much advertising in them and some local news.The News Chronicle Company owned just about all of these "Shoppers which cover a large area of Northern Wisconsin. Gannett took care of newspaper competitor in Green Bay at the same time. Now you know more than you really wanted to know about NC.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
So ALL bad feelings aside, how do YOU feel that your Bears will finish?
Bears 8-8

That would be sweet.

I low to really feel like they have acomplished anything. (would still be 3rd in the division)
And too high to get a high draft choice stud.
Just beat the Vikes twice and it would be perfect.

I see 6-10 a more likely record.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
leopardmech said:
Bears 8-8

That would be sweet.

I low to really feel like they have acomplished anything. (would still be 3rd in the division)

I don't know. They won 5 games last year with absolutely no offense. They have to be at least 3 games better than that train wreck.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too will miss the nc site but this is better. The nc site was getting worse every month. It was great in the beginning when they had "ASK THE EXPERT". (BEFORE Todd McMahon took over the Duty) I believe the writers name was Doug? He had great connections and locker room insight to answer many questions. Maybe Ryan or someone else could enlist somebody for this site. Maybe an unemployed beat writer from the News Chronicle? LOL

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Ryan or someone else could enlist somebody for this site.
Sounds like a great idea. If you know of anyone, get me an email or another way to get in touch with them!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
wpr said:
leopardmech said:
Bears 8-8

That would be sweet.

I don't know. They won 5 games last year with absolutely no offense. They have to be at least 3 games better than that train wreck.

Like I said 8-8 is just fine with me. But keep in mind that "3 games better" is not an automatic lowest amount of wins 8-8 and perhaps they will win more. The Bears will find ways to loose games they should win and win a game or two they should lose. GB will too no doubt.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the vikings said:
Yeah let's keep only Packer fans here no trollers

Interesting choice for your user name. I talk football with fans of different teams all the time. Don't be afraid to hear a different point of view once in a while. Isolating yourself to only people who think like you and say what you want to hear and agree with everything that you say has got to be pretty boring not to mention sad. :shock:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOT as SAD as someone who hangs out on an opposing team's board just LOOKING for chances to flame... Kind of like YOU.

Though I must say, I still like YOUR opinion where you think that the Packers fans are even remotely concerned with what your point of view is...

BTW, how do you get 8-8 finish for the Bears?

Yes your team has improved but, 3 more games than last year?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
NOT as SAD as someone who hangs out on an opposing team's board just LOOKING for chances to flame... Kind of like YOU.

Though I must say, I still like YOUR opinion where you think that the Packers fans are even remotely concerned with what your point of view is...

BTW, how do you get 8-8 finish for the Bears?

Yes your team has improved but, 3 more games than last year?

The Steelers, Panthers and Ravens are good but other then that the schedule is not that big of a deal. Say they lose a game to each of the division opponents and the Steelers, Panthers and Ravens. Atlanta is over rated, Washington has no offense, Tampa is rebuilding, The 49'ers and Browns are god awful and the Saints and Bengals are middle of the pack at best. The Bears have improved over a 5 win team so I will stick with 8-8.

Members online

Latest posts