NC Forum officially shut down.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
I would personally user http://images.google.com. At any rate, any image you find can be used as an avatar, we just need to size it down (in most cases).

Some of the images are the same.
When I went to Google it came up with this one. If I were VF this is the one I would use for MY avatar.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

http://www.disboards.com/images/avatars/wjmb6.gif

How that ended up in a search for "viking avatar" is beyond my understanding.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
The only one who apparently didn't jump(among the regulars) is Raider Pride.

Oh, well. He can spend more time examining how Warren Sapp is a positive to the Raider "family".

Someday when I have more time I'll try and track him down. He once mentioned the Raider froum he belonged to, but I can't remember which one. But someday I'll try and post at a few of them to see if he turns up.

I haven't seen Robie over here yet either.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
faninOz said:
At least here it looks like we will be able to avoid all the idiots and be able to concentrate on the things that matter - the Packers but I will miss the old site.

I agree. It's good to see a lot of the classy and knowledgeable posters that I like from the NC make it over, but I hope some of the trash like the Eagles fans and some other trolls got left behind when it folded.

I use to post a lot at the NC a couple of years ago and I enjoyed most of the posters over there, but the last year I cut down because I was getting tired of the trolls. I can handle idiots like that, but it becomes a waste of my time when I'd rather be talking about Packer football.

That's why I enjoy this site and the way Ryan runs things. I'd rather talk about the Packers, share a few laughs, and exchange some stories with fellow posters, than waste my time with twits like Eagle fans and whatever other troll crawls out from under their rock.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
faninOz said:
At least here it looks like we will be able to avoid all the idiots and be able to concentrate on the things that matter - the Packers but I will miss the old site.

That's why I enjoy this site and the way Ryan runs things. I'd rather talk about the Packers, share a few laughs, and exchange some stories with fellow posters, than waste my time with twits like Eagle fans and whatever other troll crawls out from under their rock.

I agree with you.

The moderating seems to be a LOT more frequent here. Let's hope it stays that way.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I asked Ryan to consider have a type of "opposing team dumpster" file where the DuluthVikesfan and others of the ilk could be dumped. They would stay out of the regular Packer stuff, but we could go in there and drop it on them. I remember the weekly fracus caused by the fans from the visiting teams "dropping in" and smearing the NC board.

Miskito chimed in to say that he wasn't a troll, just a Bears fan, and thought that might be a bit harsh.

Ryan said he would think about it.

OP
OP
P

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
faninOz said:

Hopefully everyone is here now and we will be able to continue as we were adding something to this board with their regulars adding to our discussions as well.

Come on. We all miss Chase don't we? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Someone who has the talent aught to write a poem. ODE TO CHASE, ETAL.

Ok maybe not.

:puke: Better idea not to.

OP
OP
P

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
I asked Ryan to consider have a type of "opposing team dumpster" file where the DuluthVikesfan and others of the ilk could be dumped. They would stay out of the regular Packer stuff, but we could go in there and drop it on them. I remember the weekly fracus caused by the fans from the visiting teams "dropping in" and smearing the NC board.

Miskito chimed in to say that he wasn't a troll, just a Bears fan, and thought that might be a bit harsh.

I think net that is the smack section. :puke:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anything flamming/trolling that is said in the "Packer Fan Forum" catagory will be moved/deleted and the poster will be warned. If it continues they will be banned. This will be very easy as you all can report the posts with the blue button in the upper right corner of the post.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:

I agree with Miskito. I was dumped on for being a Bears fan and the insults were very personal. They even insulted my mother and made fun of the fact that my niece was serving in Iraq. When I responded as such, then the cries started to have me banned. If you can't take it then don't dish it out. I used several different names such as Phil in the blanks, Pack Ice, Lactose Intolerant and Fried Cheese. Insulting individuals who post and then whining if they do the same is pretty pathetic. At least this site has a place set aside for smack.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey i thought the name "Lactose Intolerant" was pretty clever.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
net said:
I agree with Miskito. I was dumped on for being a Bears fan and the insults were very personal. They even insulted my mother and made fun of the fact that my niece was serving in Iraq. When I responded as such, then the cries started to have me banned. If you can't take it then don't dish it out. I used several different names such as Phil in the blanks, Pack Ice, Lactose Intolerant and Fried Cheese. Insulting individuals who post and then whining if they do the same is pretty pathetic. At least this site has a place set aside for smack.
PHIL - If anyone... ever... tries to ridicule anyone about a family member serving in the military... you just let me hear about it.... Only a COWARD would ever make such a comment...ever! And if I don't watch it here - I'll get myself banned for what I'm thinking right about now.

In my book - those very same people can don parachutes and drop themselves over Faluja...RIGHT NOW...with their bada$$ attitudes...We'll just see how HOTSHOT they prove themselves to be.... I am very sure it won't last long, either!

THAT CRAP has no place anywhere on any forum... unless you got your head up Kerry's backside - and we all know he ran! Clinton took potshots at Saddam, but would never get in his face, like a real man would do! You gentlemen see where I'm comin' from?

Now - for some real chatter about the Packers & the Bears!

Around the Club I oversee - I always tell people - it's fun to cheer how "the Bears still suck" - that's all good for a day of football and meant for fun... not any type of RAGE contest... I also remind everyone that if not for the "friendship" of George Halas & Curly Lambeau - many times, the ability of the Packers... OR THE BEARS to survive in the NFL financially... would have failed! One can look right on Packers.com History to read about how Halas loaned money to the Pack - How Halas was who petitioned the NFL back in 1919 to allow the Packers to join in 1920... and how later on, when the Bears were about to go bankrupt - the Packers came to "their" rescue and got them back on solid ground. And, it was more than once that THAT.. happened!

The Packers and the Bears have more in common in the NFL than just about any other two teams there are - it's also one of the main reasons our rivalry is the longest one running, as well. Let's keep it that way!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Philtration said:
net said:
PHIL - If anyone... ever... tries to ridicule anyone about a family member serving in the military... you just let me hear about it.... Only a COWARD would ever make such a comment...ever! And if I don't watch it here - I'll get myself banned for what I'm thinking right about now.

In my book - those very same people can don parachutes and drop themselves over Faluja...RIGHT NOW...with their bada$$ attitudes...We'll just see how HOTSHOT they prove themselves to be.... I am very sure it won't last long, either!

THAT CRAP has no place anywhere on any forum... unless you got your head up Kerry's backside - and we all know he ran! Clinton took potshots at Saddam, but would never get in his face, like a real man would do! You gentlemen see where I'm comin' from?

Now - for some real chatter about the Packers & the Bears!

Around the Club I oversee - I always tell people - it's fun to cheer how "the Bears still suck" - that's all good for a day of football and meant for fun... not any type of RAGE contest... I also remind everyone that if not for the "friendship" of George Halas & Curly Lambeau - many times, the ability of the Packers... OR THE BEARS to survive in the NFL financially... would have failed! One can look right on Packers.com History to read about how Halas loaned money to the Pack - How Halas was who petitioned the NFL back in 1919 to allow the Packers to join in 1920... and how later on, when the Bears were about to go bankrupt - the Packers came to "their" rescue and got them back on solid ground. And, it was more than once that THAT.. happened!

The Packers and the Bears have more in common in the NFL than just about any other two teams there are - it's also one of the main reasons our rivalry is the longest one running, as well. Let's keep it that way!

In lock step with you IPB.
We take our son to a hotel near the airport Tuesday. He heads off to basic and advance training. He is giving up a chance to enroll in college with his other classmates to do this. Several of his uncles and his grandfather have asked him time and again if this is what he truly wants to do. They have even offered to pay his tuition. I have told every one of them that this is not a decision that he has come to lightly or in the past few weeks. He and I have been talking about the pros and cons for two years. He wants to service his country. Even those like a few of his former H.S. teachers that have ridiculed him. It takes a special young man or woman to do this and I have no tolerence ( I am not as understanding as my son.) for those who don't respect them and then hide behind some remark well it's not them it's the administration.
Bulls---. It is spitting right in their face and then saying they didn't mean to do it.
ANYWAY the Bears still suck. 8)

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chick: My definition of "smack" is personal, nasty. I think smack in itself says more about the folks who prefer that to Packers talk than anything else. But...I was hoping for a troll bin where they are isolated if they choose to say idiotic bait threads over and over as we all experienced.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
net said:

Don't flatter yourself Phil.

YOU didn't post anything BUT smack in the other forum. YOU started the insulting, the humiliating, and the name calling.

THT was why you were RETALIATED by some of the Packer fans.

YOU and other flamers should just quit the flaming.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:eek:fftopic: I know but I had to reply to this. Sorry..

We take our son to a hotel near the airport Tuesday. He heads off to basic and advance training
Wish him the best of luck for me, please.
Even those like a few of his former H.S. teachers that have ridiculed him.
This is unbelievable his teachers did this. I have been serving in the Canadian Army for 15 years now and have never heard of anything like this. You should let all those that ridiculed him read this

THE SOLDIER

It is the soldier, not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,
who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the soldier,
who salutes the flag,
who serves under the flag,
and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag.

By Charles M. Province

Later
Leopardmech

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very aptly put - and nicely written!
Mr. Province has seen tough times to write with such intelligence!
As far as the teachers doing such things - it's par for the course - I remember back in my high school days how guys would do whatever - because of college deferment - especially the rich-er snobs... but in the end, even they got a fair chance to step up..

I'll let PHIL or anyone speak up and discuss the Packers, the Bears, the Vikings. even Detroit.... Or any other Team in the NFL, College whatever.. It's what we're all about here.... It's those who put limitations on our opinions that rile me.... If you're ready to implement a thing - then lead by example - don't expect others to walk that line until you have first!

Go Packers!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
We take our son to a hotel near the airport Tuesday. He heads off to basic and advance training
Wish him the best of luck for me, please. [quote:kzvk7si3]
Even those like a few of his former H.S. teachers that have ridiculed him.
This is unbelievable his teachers did this. I have been serving in the Canadian Army for 15 years now and have never heard of anything like this. You should let all those that ridiculed him read this

THE SOLDIER

It is the soldier, not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,
who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the soldier,
who salutes the flag,
who serves under the flag,
and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag.

By Charles M. Province

Later
Leopardmech[/quote:kzvk7si3]

Thank you. I emailed him your last post.
(I know this is off topic so I will make this short) The funny thing about the one teacher (English) is he thinks he is the last great hippy and he is trying to enlighten a new generation. He has failed to explain to the kids why the great social movment of the 60's-70's didn't succeed but my son caught this and wouldn't back down all year. He made A's in all his other classes and got a D in this one. It must be the kid.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
The Teacher "hides" behind his Job Title....

I offered to go speak to the teacher and was asked not to. So we told our son we didn't care what grade he got in the class as he didn't need it to graduate. It was a collage level class in H.S. and the teacher kept telling him the college Profs will be a lot harder on him. I told him that is not so.

Members online