NBA Free Agency 2010

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The first big domino has fallen, as Joe Johnson is going back to Atlanta for a 6 year max deal.

No word on LeBron, Bosh, or Wade yet. Amar'e is leaning New York, the way it sounds.

Feel free to discuss all this madness here.

What do I want? I want LeBron, Bosh, and Wade to all go to Miami. That'd be a blast to watch.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smart move would be lebron to go to the clippers.

they have the personal to compete with the best, its a big market, and he could look like the hero to a franchise.

Chances of this happening? Less than 1%

David Lee should be getting more attention as I could see him being a great role player for a contender.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thursday Lebron is telling the world what he plans on doing according to the latest rumor, and the knicks had a 2nd meeting with the Lebron team.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I just don't see how he could go to New York and still claim it's all about winning. Tell Chicago you'll go there if they find a way to shed Luol Deng's contract. That'd give CHI the money to sign Bron, D-Wade, and Bosh from what I hear. Imagine a starting 5 of Rose, Wade, LeBron, Bosh, Noah. Holy hell. Instant championship.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Regardless... Wade Bosh and Bron will not be on the same team... at best someone will pull 2 out of the 3... No matter what none of those guys want to go the Western Conference...I see Wade and Bosh going to Chicago... Bron going back to Cleveland... Lakers vs. Bulls in the 2011 Finals... Lakers taking it in 6 and Phil Jackson beating his old team to ride off into the Sunset...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless... Wade Bosh and Bron will not be on the same team... at best someone will pull 2 out of the 3... No matter what none of those guys want to go the Western Conference...I see Wade and Bosh going to Chicago... Bron going back to Cleveland... Lakers vs. Bulls in the 2011 Finals... Lakers taking it in 6 and Phil Jackson beating his old team to ride off into the Sunset...

I pretty much agree with this. Chris Bosh already stated that he has no preference on playing alongside Lebron. Wade and Lebron on the same team is a possibility but for the amount of money each player is asking, I just don't see it happening.

Although I'm not too fond of Yahoo! "experts", here's a great article providing some insight to the Lebron situation. Like me, they also think that he's staying in Cleveland. Cleveland ties could still bind LeBron - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the cavs can offer the most money, bulls offer instant team upgrade, the heat offer a tax shelter and a big contender if wade stays, the knicks have the marketplace and the fame along side an NBA first teamer, and the nets offer nothing for 2 years besides jay-z.

Where ever he lands your going to see a few articles saying "it was the only place he could have gone" and "he was destined for (insert city)".

I just dont see him staying with the cavs without some sort of sidekick. A trade for CP3 would seal the deal I think.

I wish I could say more about bosh but I really havent seen him play at all.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
ESPN is saying that Bosh won't go to Cleveland. On the same day Toronto says they'd be willing to do a sign-and-trade to make Bosh to Cleve happen. Weird.

I see Bosh with Wade in Miami or Chicago. And I see LeBron screwed. He could go to New York, I suppose, but Amar'e and LeBron doesn't make a contender yet. Playoff team? Sure, but I don't think they're a title contender. He'd have to go there and hope they get Carmelo in free agency next year. He could go back to Cleveland and be pretty good but nowhere near Wade/Bosh's team of choice.

The best case scenario, I guess, for LeBron if he can't be on the same team as Bosh and Wade is that they go to Miami and leave Chicago open for LeBron. Chicago could be pretty good if the get LeBron.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN is saying that Bosh won't go to Cleveland. On the same day Toronto says they'd be willing to do a sign-and-trade to make Bosh to Cleve happen. Weird.

I see Bosh with Wade in Miami or Chicago. And I see LeBron screwed. He could go to New York, I suppose, but Amar'e and LeBron doesn't make a contender yet. Playoff team? Sure, but I don't think they're a title contender. He'd have to go there and hope they get Carmelo in free agency next year. He could go back to Cleveland and be pretty good but nowhere near Wade/Bosh's team of choice.

The best case scenario, I guess, for LeBron if he can't be on the same team as Bosh and Wade is that they go to Miami and leave Chicago open for LeBron. Chicago could be pretty good if the get LeBron.

Melo is going to be a Nugget for at least 3 to 4 more years. He has an option to sign a 3 yr extension for 65 mil or become a FA in a new CBA that was established in a recession. The deals wont be nearly as good and Melo would be venturing into unknown water by becoming a FA. Smart move to take the max money now in this CBA.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
My official prediction for tomorrow: LeBron to Chicago.

I think he thought he knew today, I think Chicago getting Boozer changed his mind.

I am a little concerned that his special is taking place in Greenwich Village in NYC, but apparently he's there for Carmelo's wedding or something.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My official prediction for tomorrow: LeBron to Chicago.

I think he thought he knew today, I think Chicago getting Boozer changed his mind.

I am a little concerned that his special is taking place in Greenwich Village in NYC, but apparently he's there for Carmelo's wedding or something.

Greenwich, Conn at the boys and girls club. Its near ESPN.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
last week 'i thought cleveland, yesterday I thought Miami, last night I thought NYC, so today im just going to stop guessing and just wait to find out.

But my money is on south beach

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Chris Broussard's sources say you're right. It's Miami.

Good ******** it's going to be fun to watch Miami next year. On the other hand, this is the first team I can remember that HAS to win a championship or else they'll be a massive disappointment.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LeBron pulls a Favre, of some sort.

Professional sports are composed of glorified ******. That's my take after these 3 years. No sense of gratitude, absolutely no loyalty to anyone but themselves. Just ****** playing for money, for fame, for the thrill, for whatever. Just not for the sport, not for the team, and specially not for the fans.

I may get excited about our players, and even say that they care about the Packers. That we have an identity with them. But deep down, I don't let myself be fooled.

If the Packers win the SB, I'll scream out of my lungs, and may put on a pedestal Rodgers and co., but I know my happyness will be but a byproduct to them...

But us, Packers fans, are lucky ones. Though it is different times, our team is identified with us. The franchise is ours, and nobody else's. And that, no one else can say...

Members online

Latest posts