Nate Kaeding hands Packers win....

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 missed field goals by Nate Kaeding allow Ryan Longwell to kick a 53 yd winning field goal with 33 seconds left in 4th quarter. We all knew Longwell can kick them.

After Brett Favre's exit there wasn't much to see. Looks like Favre will have to carry Packers again this season.

Jim Bates doesn't have much to work with. Let's hope the Packers make a deal with Eagles for Jeremiah Trotter because Nick Barnett is horrible at MLB.

OL play looked like it was missing Wahle and Rivera but it's still early.

Packers got 1st win under their belt. One more pre-season win and they will have shot at "Super Bowl." :wink:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will agree that Barnett at MLB concerns me a little, too...just too small and gets pancaked a lot. I'm not sure what the solution is though.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
i gotta stop reading these threads.

I read them for pure entertainment value and for nothing factual. Here is a guy who obviously is not a Packer fan but loves to post here to see how many people he can rile up. Of course, everyone should have known he was going to say things like this the day after. I hope I hear this all season long b/c it would mean the Packers are winning.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
How painful it must have been for you to watch the Packers win. Better luck next week!

Nice post. He is the first so-called "Packer Fan" that I have ever known that would almost be happier if the Packers struggled. I hope the Packers go on a serious winning streak during the regular season. The winning might be enough to have him jump off the wagon. :D

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 missed field goals by Nate Kaeding allow Ryan Longwell to kick a 53 yd winning field goal with 33 seconds left in 4th quarter. We all knew Longwell can kick them.
Would you be just as sinical of the win if it was won that way in the SB? It's still a "W". Kaeding screwed the pooch for the bolts last year against the Jets as well. We took advantage of a weakness in their team no different than throwing fly patterns to Moss or TO being covered by a rookie DB.

A wins a win.

Edit - I am happy that Kaeding handed BF that TD drive to Driver as well. It was equally nice of Kaeding to lift Driver in to the stands for the Lambeau Leap.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's preseason and wins or loses don't matter all that much.

Of course everyone likes to win, and rusty steel would like to believe you can't win the Super Bowl without a preseason record of .500 (even though NE went 1-3 last year.)

In the end these games have a few objectives and a win is the lowest one:
1) No major and few minor injuries! Especially to starters.
2) Tune up the starters for the regular season.
3) Work on new systems, such as our new defensive scheme or changes to the offense.
3) A better review of players for position battles.
5) Give rookies and new players experience.
6) Win.

In the end, 1-5 have a lot more meaning than #6.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steal wheels...

Was it Kaeding? Or was it the weather? Or was it Karma? Was it the fans?

How much did you lose on this game?

I was at the game.

To say there wasn't much to look at AFTER Favre, proves "you know NOTHING about football."

Rodgers' release is unbelievably fast. He has a POWERFUL arm and he nailed a couple of the receivers in the hands on crossing routes that should have been caught.

MONTGOMERY was ALL over the place and looked VERY impressive. Nick Collins added a demension that the Packer safeties have lacked in the last couple years... Ability to hit!

So WHAT game were YOU watching?

Maybe if you weren't SO busy trying to find fault at MS coaching, you might actually be able to catch the rest of the game and learn something about football.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
After losing the Jets game, the Chargers should have rid themselves of that Kicker. A kicker should be reliable, but in that same statement who could they have gotten that was better? Anyone?

I wasn't impressed with much in that game, except that kick, different holder, raining and 50+ yds for a kicker who is not known for his distance I thought that was pretty good.

Oh, I did see some hussle from players I don't recall seeing much hussle from any one last year so lets hope that trend continues.

For those who want to bash nick Collins for runing out of the end zone, he knew better you could see he was gonna down it but he i assume figured wth why not its jus pre season this gives me a chance to really make a good impression

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hahaha...

Steel you are hilarious. the title of this thread is f#@*ing great. i didnt think you could surprise me again but you keep comin with the grade A material. you must've been laughing your *** off while you were typing this one up.

thanks a bunch for that...you're my new favorite.

seriously, thanks.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keading had some tough kicks. Raining, wet field. Longwell make a he11 of a kick.

Collins running it out of the end zone would not make a good impression on me. Reminded of Sharper's dumb return where he got hurt. Doing the smart thing, downing it, would have made a better impression. Like "that rookie has a good head on his shoulders". However, I am sure not down on him for doing it-this time.

It was good to see Montgonery's play. Hope he a sleeper and becomes a great player for us.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
SW get over it the Pack won.... yes it is only a pre season game but the pack won.

No no no, the Pack didn't win you silly Chamuko the Chargers lost, Duh!! heh heh :twisted: :twisted:

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
How painful it must have been for you to watch the Packers win. Better luck next week!

That's been obvious to me for the last 3 years now. It was one of the reasons why I left the Chronicle a year ago. I like unbiased discussion regarding the Packers, but by Packer fans who actually cheer for the team to win.

My favorite team besides the Packers was whichever team the Vikings were playing against. It's pretty obvious this Packer fan cheers for anyone who plays against the Packers as he takes more pleasure in any misfortunes the Packers may come across.

I dislike Hunt loafing, but I still cheer for the Packers.

I dislike Grady asking for a new contract, but I still cheer for the Packers.

I think the Packers have some weaknesses on defense, but I still cheer for the Packers.

I think the Packers have some questions at guard, but I still cheer for the Packers.

An ugly win is a win, and I enjoy them too.

99% of the posters on this forum claiming to be Packer fans would love an undefeated season for the Packers. That won't happen, but if it did, I can think of one "Packer fan" who would be miserable.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people make excuses for the Packers losing. Some people make excuses for the Packers winning. :-?

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
DePack said:

That's been obvious to me for the last 3 years now. It was one of the reasons why I left the Chronicle a year ago. I like unbiased discussion regarding the Packers, but by Packer fans who actually cheer for the team to win.

My favorite team besides the Packers was whichever team the Vikings were playing against. It's pretty obvious this Packer fan cheers for anyone who plays against the Packers as he takes more pleasure in any misfortunes the Packers may come across.

I think the Packers have some weaknesses on defense, but I still cheer for the Packers.

I think the Packers have some questions at guard, but I still cheer for the Packers.

99% of the posters on this forum claiming to be Packer fans would love an undefeated season for the Packers. That won't happen, but if it did, I can think of one "Packer fan" who would be miserable.

The truth of the matter is that most of you guy's are just a bunch of cheerleaders who really don't know much about the game. You live in a dream world and close your eyes to the problems and just hope for the best every week.

Gee, let's pretend that the Packers are Super Bowl contenders this season. That will make it happen. Wow, they won the NFC North 3 straight years against teams with a combined record of 53-91.

Just forget the Packers have gone 1-3 in the playoffs losing 2 at Lambeau. You "Real Packer Fans" can just blame that on Brett Favre.

In the beginning of the telecast of the San Diego Chargers vs Green Bay Packers pre-season game on Thusday night, they showed a Lombardi Trophy and the narrator said, "How much do you want it."

I wonder why they brought that up, according to the "Real Packer Fans" it's only about winning the NFC North.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again you miss the point Chase.ALL Football teams have weak parts.If you would have looked at the Chargers before the season last year you would have thought 4-12 at best.

You seem to judge success by Super Bowls Wins only.In that case the Eagles Season last year was a total failure.In fact all teams besides NE had a wasted season.

You see you are critical of posters on this forum and insult thier knowledge of the game but in fact it is you that lacks the basic knowledge to understand sports as a whole.

Every year you have the favorites and the underdogs.NO team is a lock to win anything no matter how many BIG NAMES they have on the roster.As a fan you can only hope that your team is competitive enough to make the playoffs.Once in the Playoffs the chips will fall where they may.

Games are not won by BETTER TEAMS but are one at CRUCIAL MOMENTS.A Bad Fumble at the goalline,A tipped ball that is intercepted,a fluke penalty,and yes A MISSED FIELD GOAL or 2.Stuff like this happens.

Perfect Example is The Pats and the Dolphins last year.One boneheaded play and the Dolphins win.Do you say the Patriots Suck or Brady Sucks or the Dolphins are better? Of course not but on that day at that time the Dolphins capitalized on a mistake and won the game.

Mistakes are made by EVERY PLAYER on EVERY TEAM.How they deal with them is what matters.

I do not believe in "Paper Champions" and to be honest with you any team could be the Super Bowl Champs this year.

This is why you lack knowledge of the game.You think you can predict the Pack will have a bad year but as long as this team remains competitive they have as good a chance as anyone else.

One more thing ********, You say that Keading's mistakes led to the Packers Win.What about the Turnovers that gave Kaeding the chance to fail? We overcame our mistakes and came out with the W,and at the end thats all that matters!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
ArizonaPackerFan said:
DePack said:

The truth of the matter is that most of you guy's are just a bunch of cheerleaders who really don't know much about the game. You live in a dream world and close your eyes to the problems and just hope for the best every week.

I'm well aware of the Packers weaknesses. I listed some in my post above. The truth of the matter is you take more pleasure in trying to make people feel worse after a Packer loss than taking any pleasure in a Packer victory. You attempt to hide this by saying it's all just unbiased opinions.

I don't think the Packers are good enough to win the Super Bowl this year, but I hope they prove me wrong. You don't think the Packers are good enough to win the Super Bowl either, but you hope they don't so you can be proved right. Being right on a Packer forum means more to you than the Packers winning. That's the real difference between you and most Packer fans.

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
I don't think the Packers are good enough to win the Super Bowl this year, but I hope they prove me wrong. You don't think the Packers are good enough to win the Super Bowl either, but you hope they don't so you can be proved right. Being right on a Packer forum means more to you than the Packers winning. That's the real difference between you and most Packer fans.

APF, I would love to see the Packers win just as much as any other Packer fan. The difference between you and I is that I am not content with seeing the Packers just win the NFC North. I am interested in seeing them win the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl while Brett Favre is still in Green Bay.

Super Bowl teams have to be built like Ron Wolf/Mike Holmgren did. Mike Sherman had his shot and failed miserably and it is obvious that he will never get the job done. Under Sherman it has been 5 wasted years for the Packer organization and for Brett Favres' career.

What troubles you and most of the posters on this forum is that I can speak honestly about the Packers. Most are just cheerleaders who just want to root for the Packers to win and are not concerned with the Packer front office building a team that can compete with the best teams in the NFL to give the Packers a shot at winning a Super Bowl.

In the real world I have many friends who are football fans and I come in contact with many other football fans on a daily basis. These people talk honestly about the sport and wouldn't want to hear BS about the Packers. If I said things that are said by the cheerleaders on this forum, people in the real world would ignore me and never talk to me again. People in the real world know the Packers are not going too far this season.

Mike Sherman has failed to build this team into a Super Bowl contender. The Packers have now hired Ted Thompson to get the job done. Stay tuned but give the man some time. Thompson has to work around Sherman's mess.

BTW, show me a post where I said the Packers would lose to San Diego.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
ArizonaPackerFan said:

APF, I would love to see the Packers win just as much as any other Packer fan. The difference between you and I is that I am not content with seeing the Packers just win the NFC North. I am interested in seeing them win the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl while Brett Favre is still in Green Bay.

Super Bowl teams have to be built like Ron Wolf/Mike Holmgren did. Mike Sherman had his shot and failed miserably and it is obvious that he will never get the job done. Under Sherman it has been 5 wasted years for the Packer organization and for Brett Favres' career.

What troubles you and most of the posters on this forum is that I can speak honestly about the Packers. Most are just cheerleaders who just want to root for the Packers to win and are not concerned with the Packer front office building a team that can compete with the best teams in the NFL to give the Packers a shot at winning a Super Bowl.

In the real world I have many friends who are football fans and I come in contact with many other football fans on a daily basis. These people talk honestly about the sport and wouldn't want to hear BS about the Packers. If I said things that are said by the cheerleaders on this forum, people in the real world would ignore me and never talk to me again. People in the real world know the Packers are not going too far this season.

Mike Sherman has failed to build this team into a Super Bowl contender. The Packers have now hired Ted Thompson to get the job done. Stay tuned but give the man some time. Thompson has to work around Sherman's mess.

BTW, show me a post where I said the Packers would lose to San Diego.

Good post SW.
Steel Wheels said:
I agree with you here, maybe I too am just too much of a cheerleader, but I am certainly not for Sherman waisting Favre's last years. If anyone on the team deserves another trip to the big dance, it's Favre and I don't know if Sherman is going to be able to provide that for him. Even with Bates improving what he can with what he has on D, it still is going to rest on Favre's shoulders to make it through each game score for score.

Steel Wheels said:
I would love to see the Packers win just as much as any other Packer fan. The difference between you and I is that I am not content with seeing the Packers just win the NFC North. I am interested in seeing them win the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl while Brett Favre is still in Green Bay.
Fair enough, it would be nice to see while Brett was still around.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
hahaha...

Steel you are hilarious. the title of this thread is f#@*ing great. i didnt think you could surprise me again but you keep comin with the grade A material. you must've been laughing your *** off while you were typing this one up.

seriously, thanks.

Chase is your new favorite?

Let me guess.... For breakfast this morning you had Green Eggs and Ham.

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities."

Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
arrowgargantuan said:
hahaha...

seriously, thanks.

Chase is your new favorite?

facetiousness my friend...well, maybe half-joking.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts