1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NASCAR, Intense crash

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Zero2Cool, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    There have been many improvements on the safety of NASCAR drivers in the years since Dale Earnhardt passed away. Many feel the upgrades that are currently in place would have definitely saved Dales life, as do I.
    Dale changed the face of NASCAR forever and continues to do so.

This crash and the health of the driver, I feel are a direct result in the improvements..

View Video

The driver walked away with no broken bones and was smiling within an hour after the crash to reporters and talking about setting up the back up car.

Even after his passing, Dale is still changing lives. Thankfully Michael was unharmed.

edit, notice the driver hit the wall at over 180 mph!

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It's quite amazing when you see someone walk away from a crash like that. The one that took Dale Sr. didn't look even CLOSE to that bad, yet it killed him.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah, Dale hit the wall I believe they figured out to be 157mph.

4. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Twas quite amazing that he just popped out of that mess.. I agree that Dale is still having an impact on the sport yet today, even though I wasn't a big fan at the time, it speaks of his greatness.