Nall is a Bill

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this means to me is that Favre told his buddy Nall that he is coming back for another season and Craig sees absolutely no future in GB.

Anybody think Joey Ballgame can be de-Lion-ized?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody think Joey Ballgame can be de-Lion-ized?[/quote]

I heard this morning that the Bears are going to sign Griese.

If the Pack is planning on bringing in a veteran backup. Joey might be the last one available.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:

I heard this morning that the Bears are going to sign Griese.

If the Pack is planning on bringing in a veteran backup. Joey might be the last one available.[/quote]Yeah, he has had trouble hitting a moving target. He sure plays a nice tune on the piano though. Do we have any other musicians in the fold?

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will miss Nall, my gut feeling is that Brett will be back and if thats the case I am happy..I wish Nall the best of luck he should be a starter somewhere even if its not in Green Bay...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota was reportedly very disappointed by Nall choosing Buffalo. Word is that Nall chose Buffalo because MN has committed to drafting a QB of the future in this draft. Nall's reaction was, "been there, done that," and shuffled off to Buffalo.

I wish him well. He was a dedicated hard worker who never complained and more than earned every opportunity ever afforded him. High character guy playing in the AFC; I say, "GO CRAIG!!!"

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The vikings offered a 3rd round draft pick for Harrington but the lions refused. The lions are still having talks with the chiefs who only offered a 7th round pick. The only way Joey becomes a packer is if no trade can be worked out elsewhere and he gets cut. BTW, that would be a dream come true for me. Farve decides to retire last minute, Rodgers isn't ready yet, and pink pants is the green bay qb in '06.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big 3,

I heard that, no draft picks have been offered for JH and that was just a smoke screen based out of Detriot to try to get the price up on JH.

I have also read that they have released JH. I will try to find the article.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
All this means to me is that Favre told his buddy Nall that he is coming back for another season and Craig sees absolutely no future in GB.

I wish that was the case.....i don't see it that way. I think the Packer brass showed Nall last year that Rodgers was gonna be #1, and Nall is tired of being a back up. I'm sorry to see him go......i think he could have been a good starter.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marinelli spoke for the first time about it saying he is no longer with the team. Not sure if that means he's been cut or if they are just looking to trade him.link

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better yet, here is the official word from detroit lions.com

Moving On
Marinelli Confirms that the Lions are Going Forward Without QB Joey Harrington
By Chrissie Zavicar
Detroitlions.com
March 20, 2006

Harrington did not report to the team's offseason conditioning program on Monday, March 20.

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions began their offseason conditioning program today (Monday, March 20) with players reporting to the Lions practice facility in Allen Park for lifting and workouts.

But among the ranks of players and coaches, one specific player was not present – quarterback Joey Harrington. Addressing the situation in a late-morning media session, head coach Rod Marinelli confirmed that the Lions will be moving forward without Harrington.

“I’ve decided to go in a different direction with Joey,â€

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
DakotaT said:

I wish that was the case.....i don't see it that way. I think the Packer brass showed Nall last year that Rodgers was gonna be #1, and Nall is tired of being a back up. I'm sorry to see him go......i think he could have been a good starter.
I really don't have an opinion of Nall. I saw him torch up the Bears a couple years ago in mop up time, but they had already been demoralized. He looked like he had a good arm and control of the offense, but not enough PT to make a good estimate of his value.

It must really suck to be a back up quarterback to a man who refuses to take a game off when injured, or even a couple series in a game for that matter.

My point is, I don't have any feelings on Nall leaving Green Bay. He is just another in a long list of backup quarterbacks whose contract expired.

We do need a couple QB's for training camp and I think Joey Ballgame would be a good choice. If anything he could stretch out Ferguson's alligator arms a little.

Latest posts