Najeh out for the year

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Gakko,

The shortest book I ever read was titled "Norwegian Sports Heroes."

My point is every player who makes the NFL is a good player. For you to say he is not a good player is like saying The Grand Canyon is a big hole in the ground.

RP

I just have to comment that, because Norway has 873 olympic medals since 1900 :), for a country with about 4 million citizens that is a very high percentage!

Also you shouldn't forget two important characters of football.

Knut Rockne:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Played for Notre Dame, then became its legendary head coach, serving for 13 years. An innovator, he revolutionized the sport, and started the winning traditions of the Notre Dame football team. Rockne developed fifteen All-American players in those thirteen years of single-platoon football. This is the second best percentage ever.

you can read more here: http://home.no.net/birgerro/tribute.htm

and

Jan Stenerud:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

A native of Norway, he changed the game of American football by accentuating kicking — gaining a place in the NFL Hall of Fame. Currently the only kicker in the Hall of Fame.

and you can read more here: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=203

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the positive side, if there is one, is that Davenport is more likely to be in Green Bay next year. His market value is likely highest to the Packers. His crazy agent may say otherwise.

The Packers have seen what he can do and most other teams have not.

What is bad for Davenport could be a good long term situation for the Packers.

Just keeping it positive.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Granted he has had injury issues in the past but breaking his ankle was just a freak thing. I think Davenport looked better then Green has hopefully we can resign one or both for cheap this off season.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both Green and Davenport have had their chances, they aren't good enough to start for any franchise with ambitions.

Just think about it, when we are going to start rodgers, maybe next year or two years from now, we are going to need a hell of a runningback to back him up!

Maybe we would benefit from a losing season, and get Bush

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Raider Pride said:
Nejeh is a class act as a person, and he has reached the highest zenith in the game of football which is the NFL.

He is injured and the first thing someone types is CUT HIM?

Dude.... You are not human!

RP

class act? didnt he crap in someones suitcase?

Hamper and he was in college. I'm glad no one knows about some of the stupid crap I did in college.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here, here, TOPacker. Christ, half of my college days are a daze, and stupid **** was part of daily life. Those who cast stones.............

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether Najeh "deserves" to be let go, at the end of the Season....

REMAINS TO BE SEEN...

I've always liked SOFA... and always will. In 2003, we had the best RB trio in the NFL. The coaching cost us the SuperBowl. Had it not been for that, the Packers would have won the Trophy and NO ONE would be questioning Sherman's abilities.... but hindsight is always 20/20.

One thing to take into account here - and TT knows it, too!

Next year's Draft is RB heavy.....big time...
Now, go take another gander at Cadillac Williams!

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys had one in preseason that was a "cult" favorite in Carolina last season.

Joey Harris.

Many in Carolina loved him. He played last season after Davis, Foster, Smart, and Hoover went down. Then he went down and the legend of Nick Goings was born (we always like Goings for his 3rd down and special teams contributions before that... but everyone else got to know his name). Anyway, Harris is quick. He makes good cuts, protects the football, and is generally a pretty good all around player. What did you guys do with him? He can fill the gap temporarily if need be.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's NOT on the Active Duty Roster or any other that I can see at this time....

Search Google - and found several items, but this is what we needed----
From Packers.com

Packers Reach 53-Man Limit
posted 09/03/2005

Reducing their roster to the NFL-mandated 53-man limit, the Green Bay Packers Saturday released 19 players, placed two on injured reserve and completed two trades. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the transactions.

Green Bay has traded CB Chris Johnson to the St. Louis Rams for LB Robert Thomas, a fourth-year veteran out of UCLA. In addition, the Packers traded T/G Steve Morley to the New York Jets for a future undisclosed draft choice.

The team has released the following players:

QB J.T. O'Sullivan

RB Walt Williams
FB Vonta Leach

WR Craig Bragg
WR Sam Breeden
WR Jamal Jones
WR Andrae Thurman

TE Sean McHugh

T/G Brad Bedell
T/G Joe Hayes

DT Cletidus Hunt
DT James Lee
DE R-Kal Truluck
DE Seante Williams

LB Corey Jenkins
LB Nick McNeil
LB Ray Thompson

CB Chris Day
CB Leigh Torrence

The team has placed the following players on injured reserve:
S Todd Franz
RB Joey Harris

Hunt, a starting defensive tackle the last three seasons, was drafted by the Packers out of Kentucky State in the third round of the 1999 NFL Draft.

The Packers are allowed to begin signing players to practice-squad contracts after 11 a.m. Sunday morning. Green Bay on Monday begins on-field preparations for its 85th NFL season.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking one more time - I do NOT see his name on the IR list.
There's only four and his name is NOT one of them...

I wasn't aware you could be let go, while on IR.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was given an injury settlement and released:

Packers | Harris Settlement Causes Small Cap Hit
Sat, 1 Oct 2005 06:20:52 -0700

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the injury settlement reached between the Green Bay Packers and RB Joey Harris cost the team $52,941 against the salary cap.

Packers | J. Harris Released with Injury Settlement
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:33:40 -0700

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers RB Joey Harris (knee) has been waived off the team's Injured Reserve list after reaching an injury settlement with the team.

Members online

Latest posts