1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My top 5 quarterbacks

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by IronMan, Jan 5, 2007.

1. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    These are my top quarterbacks that I've seen play since Ive started watching football, ranked against each other in 5 different categories. The 1-5 is not ratings, but just how I rank them against each other. For example, arm strength, Brett has the strongest so hes 1st, Montana has the weakest so hes 5th.

[​IMG]

My explanations:

Accuracy: None of these 5 qbs is more accurated than Joe Montana. Steve Young is a close second though. Elway is 5th based on his career comp. percentage of 56.9.

Arm strength: This was actually pretty close. Elway had a cannon for an arm, but Brett's is just a little stronger. I think we would all agree that Montana has the weakest arm of the 5.

Leadership:

This was kind of a tough one. I had no problem putting Brett #1 here, but ranking the other 4 was tough.

Toughness:

Next question....But seriously, Dan Marino is 2nd based on the number of injuries he played through, and still played very well. He didnt move well, and got hit ALOT because of that. He had a 145 consecutive game streak before he hurt his achilles tendon in 1993. Joe Montana was very soft and I ranked him last in this one.

Clutch:
    This one was easy. You dont get any more cltch than Joe Montana. His superbowl stats: 11 tds, no ints, 4 wins no losses. End of discussion. Elway is second based on his 47!!! 4th quarter comebacks. And Marino is last based on his bad playoff record.

2. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice chart MWFF. :thumbsup:

I'd have to disagree with the leadership score, though. I think Broadway Joe was easily the greatest leader out of this group, and I might rank Elway 2nd. But that's just me.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    that was my thought...clutch and leadership for me go hand in hand...and no one was more clutch then joe..

young for me would have to be higher on the toughness scale..even tho he got concusions he still was atough q/b when playing.

4. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Do you mean Joe Namath or Joe Montana?

5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Very interesting. A lot of us are too young to remember Unitas, Starr, and Otto Graham, and I'd wonder how they'd figure into this equation. They played in a different era though when guarding the forward pass wasn't so hindered.

6. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol. whoops. Yeah Joe Montana was "Joe Cool", right? That's what I meant.

P.S. thanks for humiliating me in size 24 print. :whippin:

7. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    LOL awesome.

8. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    HOw about Fran Tarkenton as #1 for funnest to watch!? Anyone remember him juking, ducking, side stepping rushers and running for his life on every other play?

Lynn Dickey for the sitting duck award?

Jim Mc Mahon for the most rebellious?