My thoughts on tonights game

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you expect when you pick the OC from the worst offense in the league last year to be your new HC? I am watching the game on TIVO right now and it looks like Bret may give David Carr a run for the most time on his back. I love the Pack but the zone blocking does not seem to be working when more than one defender comes into the zone.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
What do you expect when you pick the OC from the worst offense in the league last year to be your new HC? I am watching the game on TIVO right now and it looks like Bret may give David Carr a run for the most time on his back. I love the Pack but the zone blocking does not seem to be working when more than one defender comes into the zone.

I feel ya pain, however it was the first game of the pre-season. If this was a re occuring showing and it was week six of the NFL Regular Season then I would be in the same boat with ya. But its not. This was the first game of the pre season against the best team that didn't make the playoffs last year.

SD is a good team. There were some things to be please about in this game, you just have to look past the score to find them.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two rookies and a new blocking scheme do not make for a great mix when it comes to protecting the QB

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah this coaching staff cant even win its first preseason game ever.... they are really really terrible. we should probally go ahead and fire them.

Reaction score
Packnic said:
yeah this coaching staff cant even win its first preseason game ever.... they are really really terrible. we should probally go ahead and fire them.

It's the little things.

McCarthy was calm in the postgame interview. Why? I'd be pissed as hell, or at least say the level of play was unacceptable.

McCarthy/Jags/Sanders are 1st year coaches, and they are going to have to learn in game adjustments. If they can't get the basic game preperation down, they won't get any practice in finding out how to adjust properly in-game.

McCarthy has been preaching up to practices, where players get in to huddle quickly, and the players who should be out on the field get out there quickly. They struggled with this yesterday.

However, I gotta give McCarthy credit. He kept Favre in there, and although it was a HUGE risk, I like the gamble. The extra time together luckily didn't hurt.

McCarthy needs more time, and I'll give it to him. He needs and DESERVES time to find his comfort level as a coach. Ditto for O-Line.

Latest posts