My thoughts on tonights game

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was the first preseason game so that has to be taken into account.

But still, I was somewhat disappointed with the offensive line not being able to protect Brett.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, because you called it "Your" team(referring to me). didnt realize that was confusing.

the rookie olinemen were facing real\different defensive linemen and blitz packages for the first time. why ur surprised\disgusted\shocked\sad\upset they struggled is beyond me. i would like to have some of the drugs you have.

I'm not surprised at all, in fact, I predicted they would struggle and will do so all year. They face real D-lineman in practice everyday. They will face Different Lineman every week in this league and they will face tons of different blitz packages.

This is all a part of being a rookie, and when you choose to go into a season with these guys on your O-Line, protecting the most valuable asset on your team, this is what happens.

But I know, the O-Line is "FINE" so no need to worry. Who cares that Brett got put on his butt every other play and our RB's avereged less than 2 yards per carry.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah who cares that najeh sucked and didnt convert plays he normally would , and that he was also(like favre) out there way too long.

(why point out hes returning from an injury, would that hurt your point? yes. good idea not pointing it out then. I like your style)

the oline IS fine, it didnt play fine. When didnt it play fine? preseason week 1.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can agree with the fact that it was the first preseason game and things will be out of sync and such.

However, it is never a good feeling seeing your starting O-Line being pushed around or watching your best offensive player running for his life and taking shots in a preseason game.

That was my only real concern.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah who cares that najeh sucked and didnt convert plays he normally would , and that he was also(like favre) out there way too long.

(why point out hes returning from an injury, would that hurt your point? yes. good idea not pointing it out then. I like your style)

the oline IS fine, it didnt play fine. When didnt it play fine? preseason week 1.

Who the heck is talking about Najeh? I'm talking about the rookies that you said were going to be "the answer'" to GB's O-Line problems.

I would like to know what you are basing your "THE O-LINE IS FINE" statement on?

When didn't the O-Line play fine - Preseason week 1
When did they play fine - ???????????

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well...1 game has been played, genius boy.

ill admit if they struggle through more preseason games, yeah, be concerned. but week ONE preseason? cmon now.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah the packers wont be in the struggle (hopefully) through the other weeks

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
well...1 game has been played, genius boy.

Genuis Boy? Didn't AADP try to warn you about this.

1 game has been played and they stunk, thats what I am basing my argument on.

What exactly are you basing yours on?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
you win man. green bay sucks. im with you now.

GB doesn't suck but thier O-Line sure does which goes back on TT's inability to address it. So to recap TT sucks, thier O-Line sucks, and Billy Cundiff really sucks. Glad you see it my way.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah the oline sucks, tt sucks, cundiff really sucks (pshh, that field goal was easy, I coulda did that)

i hear ya

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Colledge and Spitz on the O-Line, it wil take time.

There is no substitute for experience and they'll need it to improve.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are rookies and some players mature quicker than others.

I have to wonder if things were so bad between the organization and Ross Verba that they wouldn't even consider picking him up, if for no other reason than insurance.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah with the rookies on the o-line they will have to take time to improve

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think T. Thompson screwed up by letting Wahle go last off season. I think a deal could have been made to push some of his salary into the 2006 season and beyond.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kewlbeans said:
I think T. Thompson screwed up by letting Wahle go last off season. I think a deal could have been made to push some of his salary into the 2006 season and beyond.

No doubt, it could have been done. Trom will now come in and try to say it was impossible and then spew some stuff about creativeness.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the o-line to get better as the season goes on. they are rookies and I did like the fact that McCarthy played them the entire game. Next week will be a big test. If they improve just the slightest next week then I'll be happy. Week 4 against the Titans i pre season is the big test. If they play well in that game then they might be ready for Chicago. If they don't make many strides, Chicago is going to whoop our but and Favre could seriously get knocked out of the game.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1...It was a pre-season for SD, too. They played well.
#2...The Packers were NOT prepared for the 3-4. Coaching problem.
#3...I would assume the entire team is embarrassed. They should be.
#4...In all the (1st) pre-season games this week, NO team looked as
pathetic and unprepared as the Packers. In fact, I was surprised
at how well these other teams performed so early.
#5...Last night, the Packers would have lost to ANY of those teams.
So where do we go from here? I expect the Pack WILL improve as the season goes on...but so will every other team. The question is whether or not this team can improve faster and catch up. The coaching staff better be able to correct the mistakes and rev up the performance level or last year will seem like a success.
BTW, I am NOT angry(anymore).

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
#1...It was a pre-season for SD, too. They played well.
#2...The Packers were NOT prepared for the 3-4. Coaching problem.
#3...I would assume the entire team is embarrassed. They should be.
#4...In all the (1st) pre-season games this week, NO team looked as
pathetic and unprepared as the Packers. In fact, I was surprised
at how well these other teams performed so early.
#5...Last night, the Packers would have lost to ANY of those teams.
So where do we go from here? I expect the Pack WILL improve as the season goes on...but so will every other team. The question is whether or not this team can improve faster and catch up. The coaching staff better be able to correct the mistakes and rev up the performance level or last year will seem like a success.
BTW, I am NOT angry(anymore).

Those are alot of great points. It looked to me like we had 2nd rate players who were undisciplined and unmotivated and a coach who was overwhelmed with all the problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts