My take on the Seahawks game...

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Say whatever you want. You obviously have a love affair with him. Why is it that every one else I have seen on this forum has agreed that Sherrod looks terrible every time he is on the field. And who cares if all we have to go off of is 12 games of play. If he looks slow and lost in every game then that is the only thing I can judge him on. And him being a first round pick, his play just doesn't add up. And yes he has been injured for two years. Another thing we don't need on this injury riddled team.

You have your opinion and Sunshinepacker has his. There`s no need to be offensive :tup:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Say whatever you want. You obviously have a love affair with him.
This is clearly 'over the top' IMO. It's one thing to rip on Sherrod but quite another to have to be dragged into admitting he's been injured for two years. Look at your OP: “He has been in the league since what? 2011? Didn't we pick him as a first rounder? And he has done nothing for us.” The injury he sustained is a critical piece of information – you’re incredulous he’s done nothing but don’t even hint at the biggest reason why. Sherrod's injury may have robbed him of the agility needed to succeed at OT. Unfortunately we'll get a chance to see if that's true or if he just needs PT. Remember Barclay was supposed to be the backup OT. (BTW, you neglected to criticize him - you may want to edit your post.)

You also write this about Bulaga: “Drafted in the first round just like Sherrod and has done nothing for us just like Sherrod.” Yes, Bulaga has done nothing except start 12 games of the 2010 regular season and 4 playoff games. He was named to the All-Rookie team and saved the Packers’ **** at RT during their Super Bowl season. It’s certainly frustrating he hasn’t been able to play an entire season since but just so you can’t say no one told you: There’s no prize on this board for hyperbole.

OP
OP
PackManDan

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a love affair with him because I'm being realistic and not making snap judgements based on a limited sample size? If I recall, didn't Bulaga play terribly against the Seahawks a couple years ago? I question the idea of judging Sherrod based on his play against the best defense in the NFL.

Did you not read anything I wrote? I'm not judging him only on his play against the best NFL defense. Sherrod was selected in the first round in 2011. Since then in 3 years as a first round pick he has played in what, 11 games? Every time I have ever seen him play he looks lost, he seems to get beat more often than not, and he just doesn't look like he knows what is going on. So stop implying that I am only judging him based off of one game against Seattle. And yes he hasn't played 3 full seasons so the only games I can base him off of are limited, but when that is all you have to go off of, you use what you have. And based off of that limited amount he doesn't do it for me. And according to the vast majority of other posters on this website, they see the same exact thing.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it that every one else I have seen on this forum has agreed that Sherrod looks terrible every time he is on the field.
I don't. Nobody is disagreeing that he looked bad on Thursday night, but to go from that to believing that the guy is garbage is a giant leap in logic. The guy hasn't had many reps, let alone with the first team, and we had been mostly keeping him on the left side until Barclay got hurt. Would it be great if he just stepped in like Linsley? Yes. Did he get the same help from two really good guards? No.

Sherrod has the tools to be good. Like a dull blade trying to cut a tomato, it's not smart to just throw away the blade versus sharpening it.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And yes he hasn't played 3 full seasons so the only games I can base him off of are limited, but when that is all you have to go off of, you use what you have. And based off of that limited amount he doesn't do it for me. And according to the vast majority of other posters on this website, they see the same exact thing.
That's a great point. Similarly, that Aaron Rodgers guy completed only 50% of his passes for QB rating of 45 with zero touchdowns and an interception in his six games prior to the 2007 Dallas game. He looked mediocre at best during all but one game. Additionally, Rodgers sported an injury history that many fans and media pundits questioned. Yet the team went on more than that limited amount of information. It seemed to work out pretty well for the Packers to have faith in a high draft pick that showed promise in camp and practice but took some time to develop their game skills.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this forum has seen calls for TT, McCarthy, Slocum, Capers, the entire medical staff, the strength & conditioning folks, and probably a few others to all be fired. Your observations are certainly valid but cleaning house with a perennial playoff contender is foolish beyond words.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts