My take on the Packers TC shown on NFL.com, need video help

Reaction score
A few quick notes form the first TC practice I have ever watched of the Green and Gold, really wanted to do this (from NFL TV's INSIDE PACKER TRAINING CAMP):

- McCarthy is to the point, he wants a live up-tempo practice that simulates real game pace. Wants to call plays quickly, quickly get players in the huddle, and wants quick breaks out of the huddle.

- Jags is one hell of a coach. He is right behind the O-line when they set up and ran along with the O-line oce the ball was snapped. I suppose it was to get a view of their performance, from a RB perspective, to see if they were doing their jobs. Very active, reminded me of a Jim Bates type of energy.

- Wells seems to have cut blocking down great. A few drills of the O-Line practicing cut blocks showed Wells with some major quickness in throwing his body, and seemed to be hitting the pads dead centre.

- Colledge might have a problem in jumping off the line too quickly, he seemed to do that a few times in a couple of drills, and an individual shot of him in action. Nothing experience and practice can't fix.

- Henderson plays like he is in his prime. He has some MAD strength, and his awareness/smarts more than make up for a lost step. By far took the tackling sled the furthest when he pushed it in a blocking drill.

- Davenport is one hell of a player. He stood out most to me in the drills, he has an amazing blend of speed, strength and stop and go ability. IN a drill designed to teach the RBs to keep their feet up while RB coach Edgar B. swipes at the ball to simulate real game, Davenport got near the end, came back towards Edgar, and then finished the drill. Call it showing off if you will, but it was an impressive display, and got a laugh and a "yeah" or two from the people around the drill. On the tackling sled, he almost caused it to flip over the first time he hit it. Sheer strength. Next time around he pushed it back with seemingly no difficulty.

- In some agility drills, certain players stood out to me. Pickettshowed me some good speed, getting around a bunch of huge air filled pylons in no time. Ditto for Corey Williams. I was most impressed in this drill with Kendrick Allen, who showed me some major speed. Blew me away for a player that was so out of shape not too long ago. Last but not least, Cullen Jenkins has some major burst, and solid speed which was evident in the drill.

- KGB looks great in shorts and shoulder pads.

- Woodson looks solid. Forget the reports, this guy has speed, and veteran savy.

- Driver is one solid dude. Him and Woodson should push each other, which can only mean more good things from the two.

- Jennings is one great route runner. He has a quick burst, and plays faster than his 40 time.

- The O system is designed to have precise routes, that if ran correctly will allow the receiver enough seperation to make a catch and have the oppertunity to do something after.

- McCarthy and Favre will be a great fit. McCarthy understands Favre a great deal, but he is bent on controling his natural agression. McCarthy has designed the system to allow Brett a chance to get easy gains, while keeping options open to go deep. However McCarthy isn't interested in having Brett drop back and throw it up, he is working with Brett to hold on to the ball long enough so that there is at least a chance for something to develop. McCarthy is talking about 9 drop steps up to which Brett can easily go deep, McCarthy is serious about improving the O-Line and having it get some serious protection to Favre.

- Spitz is the favourite to start at RG, and is getting more reps at the position, according to TT.

- McCarthy is a friendly guy, took time out to welcome Peko, and other indivdiuals who have the job of keeping time. McCarthy seems like a no non-sense, tell it like it is, beat around the bush type of guy.

I have the video recorded on my PVR, but no idea what to do next in order to upload it. If anyone knows, I would gladly upload it on here.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, thanks a lot aadp. good stuff to hear.

team sounds rough,rugged, and full of energy.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
To add to that:

- TT has faith in Cudiff/other guy, says no one better is on the market, its a continuing process in which if they spot a guy they think is better, they would have him in camp.

- TT says he thinks the rookies will help this year, he is counting on them to.

- Thinks that the veterans will play a big part in how far this team goes.

BIG SURPRISE:

- Brett said he and Sherman had a chat ever week a few weeks before the season ended, in which they would talk about what would happen after the season with Brett, and the day of the final game, Sherman told Brett to take some time to think about what he really wanted to do, and not to base it on the season. Bret said he really took that advice, and that is the peice of advice that helped him decide he watned to come back.

- Said he would love to win, become a contender, but his main purpose is that he is still having fun, and just wants to continue to have fun.

Oee last thing, when Brett talked about having to learn new terminology, it seems like McCarthy was listening. He was talking to Brett, saying things like "your footwork on this play should be exactly the same as play "x", just do the same thing". Like to see McCarthy doing everything he can to make this easier for Brett. :D

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i...forgot...to set my...TIVO!!!! arrrrrrrrgh!!! but thanks for the summary, aadp!! you're the best!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AADP...I watched that at 8pm eastern last night. It was an hour long. Is there a longer version. I didn't see everything you did. Loved the interviews with MM, TT and BF and I also got stoked. But then again, I get stoked whenever I see the Green and Gold. Pickett DID look good in that one drill. He should do well against the bears opening day because we all know their offensive linemen are just a "bunch of huge air filled pylons".

Is there a longer version?

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
DePack said:
AADP...I watched that at 8pm eastern last night. It was an hour long. Is there a longer version. I didn't see everything you did. Loved the interviews with MM, TT and BF and I also got stoked. But then again, I get stoked whenever I see the Green and Gold. Pickett DID look good in that one drill. He should do well against the bears opening day because we all know their offensive linemen are just a "bunch of huge air filled pylons".

It was an hour long, and around 10 or so they had NFL Total Access, which they showed some more, and I think they interviewed Driver in it (yeah actually they did interview him).

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: My take on the Packers TC shown on NFL.com, need video h

all about da packers said:
DePack said:

It was an hour long, and around 10 or so they had NFL Total Access, which they showed some more, and I think they interviewed Driver in it (yeah actually they did interview him).

Oh cool. I didn't get to see alot of 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 they were talking about to MM.

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No international access to NFL Network. ****. Saw the lite version on Packers.com, but would much rather've seen the entire thing.

Members online

Latest posts