My Take on Brett's ESPN interview

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just My Opinion so here goes.

Personally I did not read all that much into the interview. To me it just looks like he is burned after a long season (losing one at that) He had never experienced a losing season before and he knows as well as anyone that part of the reason for the loses was his play behind center. I think he is just down on himself hence the two minutes left comment. When you have made your career on game ending magic it hurts when you have a season where all seemed to fall apart.

The injuries the constant talk of whether you have or dont have it. Also the grating misery that goes with being down. I am sure most of us can relate in our lives when we have a bad week month or year. You question yourself and you commintment. However most of use do not bear the weight of a franchise and a community on our shoulders. For good or bad whether we want to admit it or not Brett is the face of the Packers. He is the only constant that has been with the Packers.

For me I say if he retires fine it does not change my love for the Pack. I want him to return but I dont make his decisions for him and none of us do. I do believe that if TT carries out his promise and does make a splash in F/A and the draft and makes this team better Brett will be back. He needs to get excited not just about playing but watching this team get better from where it was this past year.

Brett in my opinion is a player who exudes team mentality and now he has questions wherther he wants to endure his team in the doldrums again (to me this is selfish). There are no gaurentees that the Pack will be better but I believe they will be MM has to make his mark and I think he will be creative and we will see a special season. Whether it is Favre returning to his glory or Rodgers/Nall becoming something.

I look for Bretts decision two days before F/A starts and I look for him to reconfirm his commitment to winning and returning to a superbowl. There were positives this season and Brett needs to find them.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the real question is how many of US, with $12 mil a year in the bank would even be thinking about going back to work???

I'd really like to see him play more and I think he can still help the team. But, he has to believe that first. If he doesn't, and he has said this all along, then he shouldn't play.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:
I'd really like to see him play more and I think he can still help the team. But, he has to believe that first. If he doesn't, and he has said this all along, then he shouldn't play.
Well said.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts