My Sources Say .........................

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN.com: NFL

Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Favre unsure of future, wonders if Packers want him

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Facing Sunday's season finale at Lambeau Field, Brett Favre says he still hasn't decided whether he'll return to the Green Bay Packers next season.

Brett Favre
Quarterback
Green Bay Packers

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
Att Comp Yds TD Int Rat
570 351 3465 19 28 70.5

And it's occurred to him that the team might not want him back.

"It is a business," Favre said Wednesday. "And up to this point, we're 3-12. And from a business standpoint, wouldn't you think they're sitting there going, 'OK, if we're running a risk of this happening next year, we might as well save the money and put that money elsewhere for the future'?"

Packers general manager Ted Thompson said the team definitely wants Favre back.

"Sure we do," Thompson said. "And we're assuming he will be back."

Favre has thrown a career-high 28 interceptions this season. He acknowledges he has made risky throws he wouldn't have tried in past seasons, attempting to make up for a rash of injuries that has cost the team many of its offensive playmakers this year.

But does Favre really think the Packers might try to chase him off?

"I've said this over the last several years: It can happen to anyone. It really can," Favre said. "I'm not immune to it. I think that the organization and myself have a great relationship, and they can be honest with me because I've always been honest. But that could happen."

Thompson dismissed speculation that Favre's skills have eroded.

"I think he can still play, and I think he still has the passion to play," Thompson said.

Favre said he and Thompson have had some discussions about the future direction of the team, although he characterized those discussions as "really nothing major."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com: Help | Media Kit | Report a Bug | Contact Us | Site Map | Tools | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information | Copyright ©2005 ESPN Internet Ventures. Terms of Use for our Site, Terms of Use for ESPN Motion and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.

Members online