1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My solution to the immigration problem

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by IronMan, May 6, 2010.

1. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Imagine this:

Its game day at Lambeau, and no one protecting the gates/entrances. Then after the stadium fills up to capacity, security goes around making sure everyone has a ticket. Wouldn't that be ridiculously stupid?

Well, thats exactly what the government is doing here with the borders. No one is protecting the borders, and as a result, there are millions of people in the country using up resources, that aren't accounted for, and aren't paying taxes.

Problem: Too many illegal immigrants unaccounted for.

Solution: Protect the borders.

The end.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    The majority of illegals in the country are off of expired work visas, the actual crossing the border ones have been blown out of proportion by the media. I do not know if their is a simple solution for all of this. It might be better to just shut down the border, but who knows, I would like hear from some Texans on here

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I know quite a few brazilians that do just that.

They usually don't end up living in there, just enough to make some money and enjoy the place.

Lots in San Diego...

I really don't see the problem. They usually do jobs americans wouldn't... Or does anyone in here lives from carrying furniture or scrapping boats???

They can't get better jobs unless they have a green card...

Speaking for brazilians, it's actually much easier to get money in Europe, mainly in London... Better jobs, better money... But you can't surf all day...

4. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    This is a really tough issue.. It does need to be addressed. I see it both ways though.

We do need immigrants..(I don't believe anybody wants there son/daughter be picking strawberrys out there in Cali or wherever) Not many Americans would like those kind of jobs. Mexicans/etc make more money doing that here than most would doing the same or a better job in their original country. Also the American dream. Mexico's government i believe needs to be rebuilt, stronger, more open. Their wages need to be raised or something to that effect.

Then again I see that many people complain about losing their job or crime rates etc...to immigrants that would save their company money. 80% of the time its just scapegoating. I don't see why we don't just build a 20ft. fence. But then people would complain about how the US wasn't built with a fence... that people from all over are what made us, what we are now.

Visas normally don't work... hardly enforced..Amnesty/Sending them back.. i dont know where i stand on that:boredom:

Conclusion... I'm for the fence but.. we need a more comprehensive approach to this. I'm not saying that we should help Mexico's government financially, like we already did in the ninetys..but in order for this issue to change.. I believe Mexico has to change its policies as well. (which they probably wont) :this:

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Yeah. I understand people's reasoning. I don't live in US so I can't affirm anything, and I'm not trying to argue anything about illegal imigration.

Just my point of view... I'm well aware there's a reason it's ILLEGAL.

I'm in total disagreement with the Arizona law, however. Giving policemen the ability to harass people based on their looks? Are you freaking kidding me?

Certain people simply won't be able to walk the streets anymore... Can you imagine being stopped every 10 minutes having to show ID? Entering malls and being asked for ID. Going to movies and being asked for ID... Going to the freaking grocery and being asked for ID...

I'm telling ya, it's gonna be hell...

6. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Sounds like my Senior Year of High School when i carried a thirty rack with me all the time....

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Wow I dont know what to say

*RUNS OUT OF TOPIC*

8. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Well said my friend.

1/3 of Arizona's population is Hispanic. This ridiculous law allows for 1/3 of a state to be discriminated against. It's utterly dumbfounding that something like this was passed, in this day and age in America. I read the other day that a Reporter had to leave Arizona because in his own words, Arizona is now a "Police State." I'm hoping the Federal Government gets involved if Arizona doesn't remove this law.

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    People have to have interaction with the police to be questioned about their status in this country. They wont be approached at random.

I dont believe the law will have much of an impact really. Kind of like the law Wisconsin just passed against text messaging while driving, we already have a law on the books for that, its called inattentive driving.

I bet the MLB moves the All star game out of AZ. You think they would learn from getting the SB taken away from them.

10. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Just come to our country, you'll get everything you want! Even more than an actual British citizen does!!! :mad2:

11. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    HAHAHAHA Thats so true :(

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Your pictures are always amazing

13. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    They claim the law in Arizona is based on immigrant crime. If Arizona really wanted to take the power away from the Mexican Mafia and gang related problems it has, they should legalize Marijuana. Have the state grow it, sell it, and tax it. Bingo problem solved. The entire country should do it as a matter of fact. One would think we would have learned from prohibition.

As for immigration, I'm not really all that worried about it. I know I'm going to take some crap for saying this but I think the majority of Americans are lazy and their sense of entitlement is entirely out of whack for the most part. If you're pissed off or don't like something, do something about it. Vote, run for office, form a lobby group, or whatever. The bottom line is that a country that considers itself a "world power" yet doesn't come close to leading in education, is bound to have some problems. I think we have many bigger fish to fry before we worry about expired work visas.

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I agree 100%.

But it's a pipe dream, the first paragraph. Let's face it. Marijuana being legalized would take away market from the booze and tobacco companies, and, well, that can't happen...

15. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I agree that there is a lot of money working to make sure it doen't happen (big tobacco, booze), but I think it will happen and relatively soon. With the way our economy is and even the world economy, something will need to be done. I think all it would take is for someone with money and business to back it. I saw a documentary on netflix about this and the Economics professor they interviewed said that with the money legal marijuana would generate, plus the money saved from the lack of cost for prisons/courts/rehab programs, and the money saved from "The War On Drugs," it would be like the country generating an extra 50 billion dollars a year. And that was his conservative estimate. Not to mention it would create jobs, a lot of jobs if one considers that people convicted of marjuana possession will no longer be overlooked by prospective employers.